• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Shrinkage?

G

Anyone else noticing the smaller numbers of vendors lately? Inside the West wall of Luna I saw today 2 new (to me) smaller plots side by side with only one vendor between them. A few of the other plots had many less than normal. Many of those were unstocked. I wonder if we are going to go through a change in the way we shop? So many houses are falling it has to affect vendors.
Travel Lodge is one place I can count on for goods. (not an advertisement)Many of my other runes are useless now. I am even seeing more Fel runes to shops on the ground. Don't think I will ever use one but they are trying to get my business.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

I've set a vendor house up recently, the problem is trying to move items vs the cost of the vendors. I have a lot of crafter made stuff I'd like to put up, but they don't sell very fast and the cost of the vendor actually makes putting the vendor up at all kind of pointless. Eventually I'll be putting up high end armor and such up as well, but then it comes back to the cost of the vendor per day vs trying to move the items. Same goes for artifacts and rares. The market is flooded with them and everyone has to undercut everyone else to actually afford to keep a vendor up.

G

Those houses fell recewntly that's why they are plots.

Vendors are empty because everyone has everything they want and it costs too much gold to keep your vendor alive with stuff in it that no one ever buys :p

G

I don't have everything I would like in the game I just refuse to pay as much as is being asked for some items. I am sure I am not alone in this thought. The redundency of items tends to hurt competition not help it. Vendors are lowering their prices to stay competitive and that makes them less interested in running a shop. It is a catch twenty two situation. We all pay the price.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to try to be very careful here...NOT trying to promote another MMORPG, I swear...No, really, I swear.

My second favorite MMO is EQ2, I like one aspect about that game, and the way they handle the vendors is...the "ruler" of the city recieves 10% on top. Meaning, the seller does not have to pay to advertise. There is simply a +10% charge on every item sold. So, if you wanted to sell a pair of leggings you just made for 100 gold, then when listed the price would be 110 gold. But you wouldn't have to keep paying that vendor fee. The cost is simply passed along to the buyer.

I dunno. Just curious if anyone else would like to see a change like that?