• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Problem

• Thread starter Ivorythorn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Ivorythorn

I place a couple of vendors, and the are facing towards the house. It doesn't look right, and nothing I've tried seems to get them to face the other way.

Any ideas? I thought when they were placed they faced the direction your avatar is facing?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you want the vendor to face south, stand south of him and double-click him, open the customize menu and then close it..... he'll thank you (or tell you he needs more pay, or complain about not being able to ride a horse.... ) and turn to face you

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can do this from any side on the vendor I have even used them on the roof of my castle and steped outside and then closed the gump to have them face the way I want.

I

Ivorythorn

Yes, I tried doing that. I guess I will try again.

UPDATE: I tried doing what you guys said, but no matter which direction I face the vendor always ends up facing the house...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not the direction your facing, its the direction you are standing relative to the vendor. If you want the vendor to face south, you need to physically be south of the vendor. So walk a few tiles south of them then customize and close their menu and they will face south.

I

Ivorythorn

Its not the direction your facing, its the direction you are standing relative to the vendor. If you want the vendor to face south, you need to physically be south of the vendor. So walk a few tiles south of them then customize and close their menu and they will face south.
Yes, I know that's how it works. But it's not working for me...

Guess all I can do is try again. If it doesn't work they are FIRED! LOL :twak:

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey If you are still having a problem with this shoot me a PM or icq and I'll come take a look =)

I

Ivorythorn

Thanks for the help guys, but I finally got it. I think it wa some kind of elvish prank. Those pesky, pointy eared vendors don't like working for humans. Thankfully, they don't have a union. LOL

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I finally got them pointed in the right direction.

M

Mairut

For the first-time vendor owners (that may wander in here):

Changing the hair color, race etc. gets the vendor the face the direction you want them to..this is the vendor's customize gump.

It took me awhile to figure this out when I got my first vendor, because you think the customize gump means where you customize its inventory, vendor name and shop name, etc...which is the main gump.

The customize gump that everyone else was talking about is where you change the hair color/hair type/race/sex etc. inside the main gump.