• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Penalty Fees

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appologies in advance if this has been posted already.

I'm having difficulty finding exactly *when* my vendors were born and knowing when they're going to charge. I have a total of 28 of them, selling mostly crafts. Of those, only three sell higher ticket things. After one week if those items don't sell, I lower the price.

This past week when I've taken an item off to re-price it and place on the vendor right away I've been charged a penalty. I understand why it's being charged, however, I'm putting the item back on right away and still getting the fee.

When I check the vendor contract options it says that the vendor has 3 days, 13 hours to refresh. Do they all charge at the same time each day, or when the vendor is 'born'? It's not much, 398gp or so, but it's annoying because I'm not trying to buck the system just sell the item for less. Is there a way to find out when the charges will occur so I can do my vendor maintenance without getting fined?

Thanks in advance!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My take on the system is that you'll always be fined if you take the item off without it selling.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My take on the system is that you'll always be fined if you take the item off without it selling.
That's kinda what I'm starting to think! It does this more so in the morning. Typically I maintain them at night and it doesn't happen.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Example of the confusion; I just removed three reward statuettes and re-priced from 75k to 65k, no charge. From the same vendor I removed two whispering roses and repriced as well. On those I received a fee of 150gp. Why the difference?

C

Connor_Graham

An item just needs to be on a vendor for 24 hours for it not to charge a penalty fee. The time the daily fee gets charged seems to move about 30 minutes per day, or about the amount of time to account for server down. As long as it's been on for 24 hours or longer, you don't get charged anything for removing then repricing.

F

Flora Green

An item just needs to be on a vendor for 24 hours for it not to charge a penalty fee. The time the daily fee gets charged seems to move about 30 minutes per day, or about the amount of time to account for server down. As long as it's been on for 24 hours or longer, you don't get charged anything for removing then repricing.
I did. I removed some items recently to lower prices and was charged a fee. Those items were on the vendors for around two weeks. This is highly annoying.

C

Connor_Graham

I did. I removed some items recently to lower prices and was charged a fee. Those items were on the vendors for around two weeks. This is highly annoying.
Ah, the items that were on vendors prior to the change must not get hit with the change until they're removed. Any new items placed on vendors are just fine after 24 hours.

X

Xel Naga

My old items worked fine, did you wait 24 hours after the patch to remove them? I didn't bother removing any items I already had stocked on the vendor for a day and a half.

Also, if you don't want to pay a fee you're also warned that there WILL be a fee on the item's tooltip. A line gets added saying Vendor Penalty: xxxxx gold based on the initial listing price of the item.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, I believe there are several problems with this system at the moment. :(

1) Items are being charged that have been on there longer than 24 hours. As Connor pointed out this may be only effecting items placed pre-patch. However, it only appears to effect some old items and not all....

2) The charge does not seem to effect items in a container, if you take the container off.

3) You can get around the charge by buying it with a second account, then swapping the item back.

4) You might also be able to just let the vendor go negative, and recover items from the sign every day.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing for me. They've been on the vendor for well over two weeks. It seems that warrior gear/PvP stuff is selling better these days so the reward and rare items just keep getting price chopped. :p

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My old items worked fine, did you wait 24 hours after the patch to remove them? I didn't bother removing any items I already had stocked on the vendor for a day and a half.

Also, if you don't want to pay a fee you're also warned that there WILL be a fee on the item's tooltip. A line gets added saying Vendor Penalty: xxxxx gold based on the initial listing price of the item.
The last time I removed the item(s) to reprice them was last weekend. I saw on the stuff when I removed it what the fine will be. It was rather funny to remove a plant to give away free and it said there was a fine of 1gp. :D I went ahead and placed them back on the vendor and paid the fine because I want to sell the stuff. It was just annoying to lower the price and get the penalty all in the same fell swoop. Even for items that I was initially charging 500gp for.

F

Flora Green

Yes, I intentionally waited to remove the items. Also, I didn't receive a warning. I removed the item, replaced it, repriced and then the text appeared stating I had received a penalty. It wasn't a lot of gold, but I shouldn't have been charged. I didn't submit a big report because I wanted to check if there were any updates to the system first.

D

Doireann

I had the same problem. I was just removing the items from being sold for a bit while I changed what the vendor sold. But, even though those items had been on there a month, each had a vendor fee.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, some dood had a deed for a spider web for sale at the bank for 15 million, the deed just said spider web, not large or medium. It also said vending penalty 32,000.

What happened? How did it get the penalty please? Btw, no one bought it, so far, lol.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, some dood had a deed for a spider web for sale at the bank for 15 million, the deed just said spider web, not large or medium. It also said vending penalty 32,000.

What happened? How did it get the penalty please? Btw, no one bought it, so far, lol.
He must have removed it from the vendor to sell at the bank. Other than that, I got nuthin'. :D

M

Millie

I understood that if you put something fresh on a vendor you have about 30 Min's to move and reprice it. After that if you take it out of the vendor you well get a fee on the idem. So that if you place it back in a vendor with in a 24 hour time frame you will be charged. If you wait for 25 hours to put it back in your vendor you should no longer get a charge on the idem. Once the idem is placed back in a vendor, (after the 25 hours) it will once again reset the fine clock. I could be wrong but that is how I read the publish.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understood that if you put something fresh on a vendor you have about 30 Min's to move and reprice it. After that if you take it out of the vendor you well get a fee on the idem. So that if you place it back in a vendor with in a 24 hour time frame you will be charged. If you wait for 25 hours to put it back in your vendor you should no longer get a charge on the idem. Once the idem is placed back in a vendor, (after the 25 hours) it will once again reset the fine clock. I could be wrong but that is how I read the publish.
That's how I think it should work too. But I don't think it's working correctly as I haven't had this problem before. Thanks for your post!

W

Warrior of Time

I can see this will just get rid of the people with only 1 or 2 vendors at their house that want to sell things at a reasonable price. At the same time the people in Luna will be able to charge more since there is simply no place to get anything like it.

There are only so many spots in Luna. Try and buy ingots as it is now. At a house you may find them about 1/2 the Luna price. I have a vendor at my house that is actually on the road to Luna near the long bridge. Only thing I sell is the new plants. I may drop it since I can't sell stuff without loseing on both ends.

Why bother at all.