• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vanguard Attacks on Cats

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cheers* for the forum fix!

Been out of the loop could someone let me know:
How random have the attacks been?
Is there conflict on a continuous basis at all?

J

jelinidas

Not sure but seems to go from tram to fel cove right now. Spawn seems to very on the amount of people fighting.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I played last night (my morning), spawns were pretty constant. About 5 minutes after the 4-6 of us who were there finished one off, more would keep coming.

If you're camping the spawn, you'll see one or more controllers spawn first. About a minute later, you'll see a ton of other things spawn right afterward, then a constant spawn of something for about 10-15 minutes before a slight lull before the next spawn.

And there are a few things that you should bring if you go.

Tamer should bring greater dragons or hiryu. I have a cu, and it isn't getting killed unless I do, but it isn't really shining against the controllers.

Warriors should bring a dismount weapon, a demon slayer weapon and an undead slayer weapon. I've heard that a mystic weapon works well against the controllers, but I haven't been able to successfully test it.

Mages should bring an array of spellbook and a tamer to stand behind. You can't cast energy vortexes in town (but you can at the dock), which means that bringing the fight to the bad guys is pretty difficult.

The most successful people there, as far as I've seen, have been the archers and the tamers. If melee fighters don't work in groups, they get eaten alive rather quickly.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention. If anyone there sees Farsight (following a cu into battle) or Kei Wa (A mage hiding behind someone else's tamer), I will be MORE than happy to help anyone out in getting a new horse, however I can. I want to see a whole lot of these things out there, and I'm not a good enough tamer to get one on my own (110 taming, it would take me about a million tries, from what I've heard).

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just may take you up on getting one of those fine Dread warhorses. My problem is I can never catch the spawn.

J

jelinidas

This morning spawn was decently quick, now this evening is s l o www. They need to pick it up!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed that when I've been there in the off hours, there has been a lot of spawn to few people.

In the prime time hours (was there around 6-7 EST), there have been a lot of people standing around and nothing seemed to happen quickly.

I think the spawn is consistent over time rather than varying with the amount of people who are waiting for it.

Anyhow, it has been fun for me so far, and I'll be back in game next weekend... Someone save me some spawn!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I just found this out myself. That the Vanguards spawn at midnight in game. So if you have one those wrist watches (or holiday timepeices) they gave out years ago use it to time the spawn. For those who have forgotten a UO day is 2 real hours long. Meaning that the spawn comes every 2 hours in game.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean that the spawn come to Cove in Tram every 4 hours? HOw co-operative have folks been in terms of taming the new warhorses?

J

jelinidas

They spawn in Fel and Tram at the same time (midnight), every 2 rl hours. I have seen most folks back off the dread horse if a tamer is trying. The lady I helped got the horse out of the action quickly and had no grief. Good Luck!