• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vamp's Lair is coming back!!!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who can remember the famous Catskills tournaments of Vamp's Lair in Felucca? Pre-trammel? The castle mall? The Fire Temple Free-For-Alls? The placed tower give-a-ways? (that actually used to mean something) And let's not forget the Catskills PvP Ladder that was a 1 vs. 1 running for 3-5 months at a time for that ever ellusive title of "Shard's Best PvP'er"... Well, VL is coming back and with a vengence... so you will see TONS of events, LOADS of reasonably priced vendors, and MANY MANY tournaments! Come join the fun with some friendly (maybe?) vampires!!!!

To start, we need some dedicated shop owners to help us staff out the new Vamp's Mall --- a tower mall. We are seeking a little bit of everything, so if you are interested please ICQ me. The spots will be completely FREE OF CHARGE for the inaugural vendors. CoD will not charge anyone to host a vendor with us for those of you that have a shop placed with us when we do our grand re-opening, come early June.

Vamp's Lair will feature the following:

The Vamp's Mall — Vamp’s Lair hosts a vendor mall for anyone looking to purchase goods at reasonable prices. The Vamp’s Mall is a classic tower, and the most active vendors with the best goods for sale get to place on the roof, which we call "The Reach of Souls" lined in blood and bones.

The Church — The Church of the Sun features an actual, functioning church that can be used to host weddings, this establishment also features the Court of the Blood Lines, and the Executioner's Hall.

The Moat of Souls — Vamp’s Lair has a graveyard for its fallen members. The myth that vampires cannot be killed is just that… a myth. Vampires often die to their own wills, and can be killed by other vampires in what is known as a "blood hunt", by rival covens or even by order of the leaders of their own. The Reprieve was made to honor those that CoD considered to be "gone too soon".

The Vampire Lounge — One of the main focal points of the city will be the nightclub known as the Vampire Lounge. Every Friday and Saturday night, vampires will be able to relax, order up some Type O, dance, and socialize with other vampires and other kinds... Whatever your story, you can come have fun and get roudy at the Vampire Lounge. Clothes are optional.

The Dark Tower — CoD’s official headquarters is the Dark Tower. The Dark Tower features a nice, cozy reception area and also has several rooms that are private offices and meeting rooms for the guild’s members.

The Bloody Brew — A small, quaint little tavern that is great to just kick up the feet and relax, order up a bottle of Type O, and mingle with other visitors.

MONTHLY PUBLIC EVENTS
Planned public events that we are working on fleshing out will include:

Best PvP Team of the Month - Yeah, many can solo pvp... but can you team pvp?!? A 5v5 tournament that puts your team play to the test. A nominal entrance fee is charged, winning team takes the pot + more prizes, a feature on vampslair.com and hopefully stratics.com and uoherald.com as well.

Pet vs. Pet Tournament - For all our lovely tamers to put their GD's to the test, how good have they trained!?! We'll find out. Bring those bandages for ressing! The grand prize goes to the beefer or the beefs!

Vamp's Lair Quests - Every month we will be launching a new quest line that will take you to the deepest, darkest, often unvisited areas of yesteryear. In an effort to get players to revisit old stomping grounds, we will enlist the help of the EM's to make it interesting, fun, and worthwhile.

The Blood Hunt - A bounty-hunter style tournament that will have you searching the span of the globe to find and kill your target!!! 1 mil or more for the first to bring back the rogue vamp's head!

Awareness of the Month – This is a special event that will help to raise awareness for several causes that are of extreme importance in today’s world. Come and join us and help to spread the word. Issues covered: Cancer, Environment, Heart Disease, Nutrition, Diabetes, and many others throughout the year.

WEEKLY PUBLIC EVENTS
And of course don’t forget to stop by every week…

Mondays @ 8 PM EST, Old School Dungeon Crawl/Treasure Hunt! Could be Deceit, could be TOK… you’ll never know, ‘til you show up! We can also do some treasure hunts, holding an auction for the items we find. All proceeds go to support the Moonglow Zoo.

Fridays @ 8 PM EST, Team Dance Contest at the Vampire Lounge. Get creative with a friend, a minimum of 2 people doing synchronized dancing (use your imagination). The best team gets the grand prize, and an item of choice from the Bloody Brew for each team mate. Remember, clothes are OPTIONAL! There is a small cover charge for all night access.

Saturdays @ 8 PM EST, Ladies’ Night at the Vampire Lounge. Ladies get in free and drink free all night. Guys, just a 1k cover charge gets you in! Come meet the vamp… errr lady of your nightmares… errr dreams!

Sundays @ NOON EST, Spiritual Service at the Church. Join us in prayer and enlightenment from the one and only... the Reverend Brat Prince himself, Lestat. (This is not a "real" mass/service and does not fall in line with any RL religion --- its a ROLE PLAYING event only. Our vampires worship the Sun God, a fictional god, hence the name of the church, the Church of the Sun.)

SPECIAL PUBLIC EVENTS
Yes, you know VL wouldn’t be VL without our famous special events…

CATSKILLS PvP LADDER OF 2010
A special web application will be made to host and manage this information. Any and all are welcomed to join in as long as rules for fight submissions are followed. We should have everything ready to go by early October and hoping to have it run through end of November. And we're working on something really special as a grand prize... could it be a "trophy"?!? Maybe.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick update... I am ACTIVELY taking order spots for vendors. If you are interested in running a vendor at VL, please contact me ASAP. 608083009!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awareness of the Month – This is a special event that will help to raise awareness for several causes that are of extreme importance in today’s world. Come and join us and help to spread the word. Issues covered: Cancer, Environment, Heart Disease, Nutrition, Diabetes, and many others throughout the year.
Eh???
:confused:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly remember Vamp's Lair, I believe it was one of the two or three original castles of Catskills. It used to be in the plains northeast of Brit, south of the compassion desert near the water.

It's great to hear it's being revived.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eh???
:confused:
While it is certainly an OOC type of event, I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it is any different than the old "name that tune" or "Luna-wood Squares" events that have been held with great success across many shards. looking over the list of events it appears to be a nice mix and has something for everyone.

*My father-in-law is battling cancer currently so this hits home for me.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to clarify my previous post. After re-reading it feels a little snarky and borderline dramatic, that was not my intention at all.

I was really trying to offer some justification for hosting such "OOC" (not related to the game) type of events. I certainly respect others opinion on the matter and I have shared similar thoughts throughout my years playing MMORPGs. I mentioned my Father-in-law only as a reasoning for my thoughts on the subject.

I know that in years past there have been folks that like to hold religious services or discussion groups in game. While I would not participate in such an event I respect the rites of others to to hold such events.

As long as the event is clearly defined, allowing players to choose to participate or not is all I ask for, no matter the content.

I tend to live by the Wiccan Rede of; "An it harm none, do what ye will"

(I am not a Wiccan, but I play on on T.V.... err wait I mean I agree with the sentiment)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, its just intended to be a day of having fun and supporting a cause, virtually. It could be breast cancer, so everyone that comes wears pink for a day, or maybe its AIDS day, and we all wear red. Or maybe we talk about nutrition and everyone contributes a favorite "healthy" recipe. Or maybe its EARTH day and we all wear green... get the picture?

If you dont want to participate you do not have to come, but we're also doing fun things like contests and crawls and duels and stuff like that on those days too. You know, its really just a "themed" event.

:heart: Pandy

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly remember Vamp's Lair, I believe it was one of the two or three original castles of Catskills. It used to be in the plains northeast of Brit, south of the compassion desert near the water.

It's great to hear it's being revived.
Thank you Zuckuss, I hope you certainly come by our events and enjoy yourself with us! ;)

S

Stig

Hi Pandora

I remember the C.O.D. Guild pre trammel, I was a member with a char called Pleb.

Nice to see a bit of the old guard back again.

Good luck

Stig

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pandora

I remember the C.O.D. Guild pre trammel, I was a member with a char called Pleb.

Nice to see a bit of the old guard back again.

Good luck

Stig
I remember Pleb! Hook up with me through ICQ would love to catch up. ;)