• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vampiric Embrace and Weapon Hit Life Leech?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a benefit to having both? Does one cancel the other out? Is the weapon hit life leach just not as much of a benefit as HLA?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They both work. So they don`t cancel each other out. VE will always leech 20% damage dealt back in health. They basically stack.

Hit Life Leech 2 - 50* Weapons N/A On every successful hit, converts a percentage of the damage inflicted by the attack into hit points for the wielder.
(If you hit your target for 50 damage with a 60% Hit Life Leech weapon, you have a chance of healing between 0 (50 * 30% * 1% = 0.15) and 9 (50 * 30% * 60%) hit points.).

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Zalan posted, numbers from life leech are really low, on a sampire you are in practice better off putting hla on the weapon instead. Only exception may be whirlwind weapons .
I use it on my whammy when i do want to conserve karma, against some stuff you can chain doublestrikes for 150 - 250 combined damage and you dont need curse weapon anymore.
Also helps on chars that only have bandage healing against stuff that likes to poison you alot.