• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vampires in Magincia?

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am usually pretty good at following the fiction and spotting the notifications for events etc., but this one has escaped me. Would any of you lovely people be able to enlighten me as to why there are vampires in New Magnicia? Will New Magincia become like the town in "The Lost Boys"? Do we need the Frog brothers to come and save us?

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think Emile's been planning a spookfest! There were some in Vesper on Friday, and he put a note on General Chat last night saying vampires had been spotted in New Magincia too...

As for today - who knows what evil lurks in the heart of UO...

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poor 4G connection on my phone. Not sure what happened to the rest of the message!

The reply was supposed to read that they're in relation to the event next Sunday. Looks like Vampires are going to try and resurrect Nathan Hawke going off the picture.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I was unfortunate enough to attend and after a long session of death robe collecting with a boss unsuitable for an event as he was practically unkillable I gave up and left. I understand he was later modified and killed but I was long gone by then.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was.

Dropped a fairly nice item. It's ugly. But works as a small soul forge, so pretty handy.

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@callum_fitzhugh I posted screenshots from the event on Facebook.

@Bobar and everybody else: I'm sorry the Final Boss was disappointing. It's hard to strike a balance between Epic and Unbeatable. Clearly I failed this time. Believe me, I was more upset about that then anybody else. Suffice to say, I will do my best to try and prevent this in the future.
I do hope that you can see past the disappointing finale. Cause the rest of the event, especially the story, was pretty good in my somewhat biased opinion ;)

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was.

Dropped a fairly nice item. It's ugly. But works as a small soul forge, so pretty handy.
Goodness, that sounds useful! I was unable to come along (too much work and lots of odd lag).

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Emile, was a good event in my opinion, but yes, boss was a little extreme. Not like "OMG World's Ending" sort of thing, but tactics were fun to try to work out.

The less said about the fruitful insults flying back and forth on chat the better mind...