• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vamp/paladin template without bushido?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Anyone have a really good vamp/paladin template that can solo some end game bosses? I just picked up UO again and I'm not sure which route to go with.

Why is bushido necessary for sampire templates? It adds damage and helps get to 300 skill cap to an extra 5 mana reduction. Anything else?

Would this be viable:
120 Swords
120 Tact
100 Anat
120 Chiv
60 Nec
75 SS
rest into parry?

Cursed weapon's life leech seems pretty powerful at 50%, doesn't it?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I run a Vampiric Embrace Paladin with 0 bushido. Last time I posted about my template, people devoted a surprisingly large amount of their time for flaming a template that none admitted to ever having tried to play.

I haven't yet tried every boss, some I've tried and not been successful on my first attempt for two.

I don't bother with 300 skill points, nor do I bother with 55 LMC, and rarely have any issue with mana - even when I don't have slayer.

I can definitively say that "yes - you can solo some bosses".

Bushido is required for sampire templates because if you're not a samurai, or not a vampire, you're not a sampire. There are plenty of people running a "bushido paladin" type template.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Last time I posted about my template, people devoted a surprisingly large amount of their time for flaming a template that none admitted to ever having tried to play.

Bushido is required for sampire templates because if you're not a samurai, or not a vampire, you're not a sampire.
lol, both sound like something I'd say.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Anyone have a really good vamp/paladin template that can solo some end game bosses? I just picked up UO again and I'm not sure which route to go with.

Why is bushido necessary for sampire templates? It adds damage and helps get to 300 skill cap to an extra 5 mana reduction. Anything else?

Would this be viable:
120 Swords
120 Tact
100 Anat
120 Chiv
60 Nec
75 SS
rest into parry?

Cursed weapon's life leech seems pretty powerful at 50%, doesn't it?
Perks of Bushido: bonus damage on Whirlwind, parrying with weapons, Evasion, Counter Attack, Momentum Strike (This is so under rated), Lesser Hiryu (you tank while pet debuffs phys (idk if this stacks with the Swords mastery resists debuff) and extra damage - again under rated), Confidence, Honor/Perfection, Lightning Strike. The reason it goes with sampire is (aside from as Tuan said) because if you're healing by leeching you need to be doing high damage while taking low damage. It has good synergy with that.

Curse Weapon/Wraith Form is awesome, however, it saps Karma, and Chivalry is based in part on Karma so it depends on how frequently you use it. I use a Necro/Thrower with Bushido that can use both Vamp Form and has SS for Wraith etc and I find I only use the Wraith Form for the boss everything else I stay in Vamp for.

My own view is also that anything that is meant to be a paladin should be 4/6 casting. As otherwise it's no different to any other dexxer with Chiv as a second or tertiary support skill.

I'd think about how you actually intend to play the character. Are you planing on tanking and spamming special moves or jousting and healing with Chiv? If it's the former I'd say Parry is essential. If it's the latter I'd say use a shield for mods, I'd consider Ninjitsu for better defense too if going 4/6.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Bushido can really help out when you want to go toe to toe with things that don't have slayer for the Honor damage modifier.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a vamp paladin that I built out of left over skills and a legendary ring. By no means optimized template:
120 Fencing
110 Tactics 105+5
GM Anat 85+15
115 Parry 100+15
120 Chiv 100+20
110 Resist
GM Necro

One of the advantages is that you can still use a legendary shield with high weight on it. That said the temp just doesn't have the same oomph as my other dexxers. I could probably tweak it some. I can solo paragon balrons and only occasionally have to step away to heal with chiv, have yet to really try any peerless.