Vamp Form gives mana regen?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

gramarye

Asked this question on another thread but not answered - sorry if anyone was about to...

Does that mana regen still work? I ask because I recently added Inscribe to a char with legendery necro/ss and tried making scrolls with vamp on - as I seem to remember when this skill was introduced it meant that vamp allowed a char to gain med ACTIVELY at all times - even when not meditating - however, I didn't seem to see any gains in med with or without vamp on this char. Just interested.

R

RichDC

No, it doesnt activly med for you. It does increase mana regen though.

However, your best bet for mana regen is a wisp and Lich form. That has the fastest mana regen of all the necro forms.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
KR will show the difference in MR between Vamp form & Lich form.
Vamp form does give increased MR, but as RichDC said, Lich Form is much higher MR. MR is enhanced if you also have meditation skill.
Meditation can be passive, as long as your gear is medable you gain fairly quick, if not medable I notice a much slower regen. Secondly, you can 'activate' meditation for double regen (but only if your gear is medable).

G

gramarye

Thanks for the reply both. Now, the same char has focus to 120. I stoned this to gain inscribe. With med to 115, would adding focus add significantly to mana regen also?
Thanks in anticipation.

R

RichDC

Thanks for the reply both. Now, the same char has focus to 120. I stoned this to gain inscribe. With med to 115, would adding focus add significantly to mana regen also?
Thanks in anticipation.
Simplified(the formulas are way too complicated)

med give 1mr for every 10points.

Focus give 1mr for ever 2points and 1stam regen for every 10points.

So, 115med and 120 focus gives, 11mr+6mr = 17Mr. (before items)

X

XCodes

Simplified(the formulas are way too complicated)

med give 1mr for every 10points.

Focus give 1mr for ever 20points and 1stam regen for every 10points.

So, 115med and 120 focus gives, 11mr+6mr = 17Mr. (before items)
Fix'd

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
But, MR has diminishing returns. Meaning, the higher your MR, the less effective it gets. Supposedly, 8-9mr is best bang.

Another note... MR has been fixed so that you don't actually need 10 meditation increments to get 1MR, for example. You now gain MR even at 5 meditation increments, or even .5

G

gramarye

But, MR has diminishing returns. Meaning, the higher your MR, the less effective it gets. Supposedly, 8-9mr is best bang.

Another note... MR has been fixed so that you don't actually need 10 meditation increments to get 1MR, for example. You now gain MR even at 5 meditation increments, or even .5
So in effect, I would probably be better off using those 120 points for something other than focus (as I am doing now, having stoned focus)?

R

RichDC

So in effect, I would probably be better off using those 120 points for something other than focus (as I am doing now, having stoned focus)?
Unless you want to never run out of mana!

Dont read that too far into it, all it means is that the difference in mana regen from 110 to 120 is less that the difference from 50-60 say.

Simplified(and probs wrong), say at 50 you gain 5mana every secon, at 60 you gain 7. At 110 you gain 11mana and 120 you gain 12.

So although it still helps...its just not as big a jump as at lower levels.