• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Valorite Runic Hammer

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

What might be best way to use Valorite runic hammer?

1) If I want get best leech weapon (What I should choose in refogre gump)
2) If I want get best dexxer armour (What I should choose in refogre gump)

And general opinion: Should Valorite hammer charges be used on weapon or armour?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would choose something like these:

Weapon: Vampiric / of the Vampire + Animated / of Haste
Armour: Mystic / of Sorcery + Animated / of Haste

I've never used a val hammer to make anything. I either use barbed runic kits for armour and then use a smaller hammer to get 100% elemental damge then imbue the other mods I want on weapons.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think that valorite hammers don't let you choose the animated package.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
THis has been talked about at length before, but the problem with any hammer better than copper is that they're no longer "controllable". Unlike a barbed kit, where you can choose the two mage groups and you're nearly guaranteed to get something that is wearable, the same is not true for metal armor.

Part of the problem with making a piece of armor with a LBOD hammer (gold+) is that for most cases, dexxer armor needs properties from 3 of the groups. For instance, you might be making a piece where you need 10 Stam, 8 LMC, 5 DCI, HPI, and Fire resist.

The DCI and resist come from the Fortified/Towering groups. LMC comes from the mage groups, HPI comes from Mighty, and the Stam comes from Animated/Haste. 5 properties, coming from 4 groups. Aside from the fact that with some hammers you can't even choose some of the groups at all, since you need such a variety of properties, you basically can't get a piece like this from a reforge.

This is why for making dexxer armor, the general rule of thumb is to use a copper hammer and reforge to get the single overcapped property (10 stam, or 5 HCI/DCI are probably most common).