• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Using vendor search map to return

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm having problems with the vendor maps that you get from the vendor search. I use the map to travel straight to the vendor - wonderful! BUT!!! when i use the option to return to that vendor it is not taking me there!!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do?
You travel to the vendor, then back to where you started?
Then you want to return to the vendor a second time?

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do?
You travel to the vendor, then back to where you started?
Then you want to return to the vendor a second time?
The map that you get from the vendor search allows you one return trip to that vendor using the same map once you've paid the 1,000 gold.

so say i use the map, go to the vendor - but hey! i forgot a rune to mark and found more stuff to buy there, so i go get a rune, put more gold in the bank, etc. then i go to use the map to go back to the same vendor, BUT it doesnt take me back there, it might take me somewhere i've just been, or back to my house (safe location) and then the map is destroyed and i'm SOL, have to do the search again and get the same map again, but hey - if it's taken too long and i bought the thing... well I can't find it on the vendor search again, so damn lost that vendor location because i was ill-prepared :(

Paying 1,000 gold ought to buy me one return trip straight back to that vendor but there seems to be a bug.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that's a bug. You could possibly list it as a desired change to the way it functions. I'm almost sure that the intention is that you use the map to get to the item you want to buy, buy it and then return home.
Or perhaps the solution is to be better prepared - which you probably would be if you were more used to using the system?

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ok, I see now. I was thinking you get an extra trip back to that vendor when what it meant by "return to this location" is exactly that, you can return to the location you were at when you used the map. that was a misunderstanding on my part, apologies.

Last edited: