Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. State of Stratics Address

Hail Guest !

RonBron the President and Owner of Stratics is planning to engage in a State of Stratics Address next Saturday Night at 6pm EST. He wishes to gather questions from our community. To submit questions and concerns please visit this Thread

3. The time has come to say farewell to another of our beloved community members

Hail Guest!

Please take a moment to read and leave your gratitude for Airmid, as she has decided to pass the torch on to a new generation of Stratics Volunteers. http://community.stratics.com/threads/bon-voyage-friend.324118/#post-2452837

Using the Hue ID

Discussion in 'Pinco's UI' started by Zeke, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Zeke

Zeke Journeyman

I like that you can use the Pinco's Get Hue ID to find out what the color makeup is, but is there a way to use that ID to set a dye tub to that ID? So far i've only used it to compare two items that look almost the same color to tell them apart (like the different colors of the Poinsettias). I have not quite figured out what I can do with the Hue ID once i have. Thanks
  2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

is useful to check the color of certain artifacts or rare items so you can avoid scams while trading certain rares, or just to know the name of a color if you want to replicate it with a pigment :p

the dye tubs already have the function to pick the color from other items (but only the normal dye tubs, special colors are excluded).
  3. jeza

jeza Journeyman

I use it on my cloth reward from tailoring BODS as some have the same color ID but appear slightly different and cannot be combined without using a sewing kit.
    If I got a new cloth and want to know if it matched with one I already have to combine them I use the Hue ID tool.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  4. Zeke

Zeke Journeyman

Thanks for the information. We've used it to identify colors that are pretty close as well. I was hoping that there was a way to set a tub to that particular color, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case. Pinco's I have several times to use the "Pick" option unsuccessfully, perhaps i had been targeting a "special" color. Thanks again for the UI and all it's great capabilities.
  5. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yes, the pick can only get the colors obtainable from the tub, nothing else.
  6. Magrimur

Magrimur Adventurer

Using a simple google search I can find half a dozen programs where you can 'customize and edit the HUEs in Ultima Online', but *none* of these can do the 1 simple task of Identifying the hue in-game. The europa gold cloth scam for example (amber pigment dyed), it's such an accepted scam that 75% of the players don't know it's a scam. It would also be nice to see what items are dyed what color for a multitude of purposes. Can you please make a Hue Identification program for the 2d client? I know such a program already exists, but I believe it is not allowed. So many programs, so little use, what a waste. There are a good number of die-hard old-school players who *only* use the 2d client.
  7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

there are several ways to id the hue on cc, but none of them are allowed and neither will be a program. If you use cc, you must use it AS IT IS, only cartographer and uo assist are allowed. Using any other program will buy you a free ban ticket.