• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP/Faction Using discordance on blue pets

Tokot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a thread in UHall with discussion of the griefing of tamers by a bard. In brief, a bard (lets call em jackass) finds some tamer fighting a captain, discords his pet and watches it die. It is impossible to keep pet alive even for 3 mage-vet tamers, for example macer kills discorded GDragon in 2-3 swings. I've seen a single jackass having 3 tamers being unable to kill a single captain for almost an hour, and it ended up that tamers stopped using their pets and started to cast harmful mage spells to finish their fight. There was a nice quote in that thread, that cannot be argued with
It is the simple fact that discord IS HARMFUL, Discord IS AGGRESSIVE, and like anything else that is harmful or aggressive in this game..... in guards you get guard wacked, and outside of guards you flag aggressive and attackable. I don't understand why that is so confusing and hard to understand. I'm not trying to argue that the sky is green, and I feel like some of you are.... I'm not sure what else to say. Its a matter of common sense.
The problem is that discorder, doing harmful actions to blue players in guard zone is not been marked as a criminal, and cannot be punished, either by guards or players... As a matter of common sense, its much like fighting the invulnerable player, that can harm and kill you or your pet and you cant even fight it back... it should be considered a physical harassment through game mechanics, I have read even ORIGIN'S POLICY REGARDING HARASSMENT, it says
Physical harassment, or grief play, is harassment that distresses or aggravates other players, and consists solely of actions, rather than speech or text.
I have reported that to a GM and haven't got any reply.

Resume: Please verify if discording a player's pet should be considered a harmful action, and if so make the discorder marked criminal for such actions. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tokot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we have a confirmation if it is a bug, a griefing or it is made on purpose and we have to live with this?

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Can we have a confirmation if it is a bug, a griefing or it is made on purpose and we have to live with this?
There is a bug already in the system on this issue. We are currently discussing potential fixes for the problem and hope to have a solution out in an upcoming publish.