• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Urgent Message Sent to High Council

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*parchment copies are left in the Town Guard Tower, Lady Christianson's Office, Ta'lin's Keep, and the Pak Den*

Hail Councillors,

Lord James of MT sent an urgent call to action upon discovering a corpse (the bloodied body of a Magincian Gardener) in Magincia's Garden Square. I, along with Councillors Elladan & Fern, Lord Lance Marshall, and Circe met James and found a disturbing note. Apparently the guards were distracted or could not prevent this criminal act. Attempts were made to contact Councillors Fig & Ta'lin, Negotiator Dante, and Captain Jenkins.

We hope to convene soon as a Council to discuss action. Until that time, we will undertake a watch, coordinated by Councillor Fern Goodfellow & Lord Elladan, and continue to investigate.

Lady Claudia Drusilla
Regent of HearthFire Village and Acolyte of the Order of the Rose

EM Godiva

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lady Charlotte Christianson pursed her lips as she read the letter.

“Magincians…” she thought wearily, feeling another headache coming on.

Charlotte finished her glass of wine in one drink before penning a quick reply.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lady Claudia Drusilla,

In light of the circumstances, perhaps we should convene in the secret meeting room at Castle British. I will instruct Colin to check everyone’s name before revealing the password.

Lady Charlotte Christianson

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[After being informed of the above note that was left out publicly in the Town Guard Tower the following letter was written in an elegant hand that only a 104 year old woman can write in.]

My Dearest Duchess WildStar,

My sincerest hope is this letter finds you well. It is most unfortunate that I must contact you with the most disturbing information regarding the death of my gardener.

As I often do in the early mornings I was tending the gardens with the assistance of our gardener, Rhiwallon. He has the most remarkable interest in plants and their qualities of healing and has done much work in the preservation of this information.

We had just finished a conversation regarding the design and lauout of the new garden we are installing, the Christmas garden. We came to an agreement and understanding that we both were much pleased with. We each went back to the work of unearthing the plants and preparing the soil for the next set of plants. I must admit that I truly do love the feel of dirt slipping through my fingers. Tending my plants is the most relaxing thing I do and those quiet times help me to organize my day. But I digress! Please forgive an old lady.

Now comes the horror. Please prepare yourself and sit.

Everything was quiet, just the birds and the far off sheep and the occasional sound of quiet laughter of the off-islanders traveling the lanes of the Island. With no warning I heard a "klunk, a moan and a klang"! I turned around to see poor Rhiwallon in a pool of blood, I called for the guards and none came. There was no one around and it was now very quiet. Not a sound to be heard. As I ran to poor Rhiwallon I could see that the side of his head was caved in. There was a hoe on the ground next to him and oddest of all, a book. I opened the book, don't ask me why for I don't know. But I did. Inside was written "Filthy Magincians!"

Knowing there was nothing I could do for poor Rhiwallon I raced off to find one of the guards that are stationed near the moongate. When I told them there had just been a murder and to please come quickly they looked at each other strangely and one said they were there to just guard the moongate and the death of a filthy Magincian was none of their concern.

The hatred that is so pervasive has now assaulted our own house. We have lost our gardener who has done much fine work which will be utilized by future healers. We now have his family to support as they have lost their means of income. A woman, her husband. Children, their father. Parents, their son. One person lost that had such a profound effect on so many.. gone.

You are a most remarkable woman and have much sway with the Council. I beg you to use your wisdom and powers to keep this council from doing grievous acts upon the peaceful people of this island. Why this continuing threatening focus on our Island? We are a community of hardworking craftspeople and merchants and seek our home to once again be peaceful. I beg your help and pray your wisdom will prevail in all this.

Yours in service,

Lady Amber Witch

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*Reads the letter and gets ready to write a reply*

Lady Amber Witch,

I am sorry to read about what has happened on New Magincia to your gardener. If there is anything the Kingdom of Dawn can do to help his family, please let us know.

I fear my influence with the High Council may be overstated by others, therefore I can make no promises. However, I will see what I can do with regards to New Magincia and the lack of response from the guards to criminal actions.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

*rolls up the note, applies her seal and summons a trusted courier to deliver the note*

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The rider raced through the Snake Pass towards Castle Fig. His horse was covered in sweat indicating either a long ride or one made in much haste.

The rider approached the keep, dismounted his horse and began pounding on the door of the keep loudly calling for the Ancient. He began to tire and looked down at a wound he had sustained from an attack by brigands in the pass. He continues to pound on the door, determined to deliver his message before his life's blood drained from his body. as he started to lose consciousness, he made one last attempt to open the door to the keep. He pulled a wand out of his vest near the injury and attempted one last time to blast open the door of the keep, to no avail. It seemed that it was hopeless as his sight dimmed and he collapsed on the keep's stairs.

He awoke in a bed in a small room lit only by candle light. He looked around to see the form of a young woman sleeping in a chair beside the bed. He raised himself, and immediately fell back against the bed. He lifted the blankets of the bed and looked where the injury had been. It was dressed and cleaned but still slowly seeping through the bandages.

He looked up to see the young woman looking at him with gentle eyes.

"Easy there young man. You have had a long couple of days. I am Concubine, Crafter of Castle Fig. " she said.

"Couple of days???", the messenger asked, with urgency. "I must speak with the Ancient. I bring urgent news from New Maginica."

"Okay, Okay. I will go summon the master, but you must lie still." Concubine replied. "Your injuries are not quite healed."

She turned and climbed the stairs, which lead to the rest of the keep. She stopped at the top of the stairs.

"Master! The messenger from Britian has awakened!", she yelled up the stairs.

Concubine looked back towards the messenger with concern on her face. she was startled when she looked back to see the Ancient in front of her.

"What is the status of our young guest?" the old man asked.

"It's grave, Master.", she replied. "The injuries he sustained will be fatal soon. It appears as if he had been attacked by brigands on his way here. Whatever his mission was, it was important enough for him to die for. He is asking for you."

"Then I will see this messenger. Please wait for me in the dining hall. You might want to send word to the other children.", Fig replied.

Concubine nodded, and left the room.

The old man sighed, and went to the bedside. He looked down upon the messenger, who had drifted off again. The old man reached down and stroked the messengers forehead and whispered in an unknown tongue. His hand began to glow.

The messengers eyes opened. He struggled with his wounds and coughed briefly and grabbed the old mans hand.

"Thank Lord British I reached you, Counselor Fig. I bring word from New Maginica.", he said, struggling. "There has been another attack on the peoples of the island. The Amber Witch's gardener has been killed in broad daylight. The entire island is in an uproar. They are blaming the Britianians. I was sent here to bring you word of this matter, no matter the cost. I was attacked a number of times on the way here, but was unable to escape unscathed it seems.".

He coughed a few more times and fell again once more into an unconscious state. Fig placed his hand upon the messengers chest feeling the last beats of the his heart, and then he was dead.

"Sleep well, noble messenger. Your death has not been in vain and you have accomplished your mission. You will be remembered with honor.", Fig said, closing the dead messenger's eyes.

He turned back to the stairs of the room with his head hung low.

"And so it begins." he said disappearing into the rest of the keep.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...........

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* a letter delivered to The Grand Duchess WildStar, Regent & Voice of The Kingdom of Dawn & Avalon*

Great Lady,

First & foremost, thank you for last evening & I apologize for my disappearance [I need a new ISP, hehe. Puter-Issues last night].

It appears that I have been kidnapped by Trina. (I am chuckling right now) I cast off mourning robe for monk. This frightened Trina so I am "imprisoned" within my own Temple. I adore her and understand that she fears for my safty so I am going to let this play out. I had to warn my Umbrian Allies & Agents, due to their Karma Issues, hehe; Trina fills the Temple with Unicorns to protect me. She has declared herself the Secret Amazon Princess of Avalon. I apologize for declaring war on you.

Though she has taken a Vow of Silence; my Kindle Keeper - Lauriel, is permitted to speak to only you. She whispers so she will stand close to you.

Your friend, Claudia.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*a Letter is tied to a dutiful timber wolf in Snake Pass waiting patiently for Concubine and/or Fig the Ancient*

I would like to discuss a Memorial Hunt to honor Shadow Kass & Zethan of the Pack of Wolf Wood. I miss them dearly & would like to hunt DreadHorn in their honor. To do this, I must have a Pack or Pride. Think about it & get back to me, please. I will be holding a Silent Trek & Lighting Ceremony to honor the dead & shed light upon our Temple in HearthFire Village; I would like to hunt DreadHorn after this is done. Please warn your PackMates that anyone with Karma Issues should be careful while treading on HearthFire Soil; Trina has filled the Isle with Unicorns. I look forward to your response.

Lady Claudia Drusilla, Priestess & Regent of HearthFire's Order of the Thorn

*a small piece of BlackRock is encased within the BeeWax Seal*