• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Upgrading Trial Account with Paybycash.

B

Bakuryu

Hello, I need some help here, hopefully someone knows..
I started the 14 days trial a few days ago, and looking to buy the game now, but being from outside the US and with no International Credit Card, I plan to use paybycash to get the game. The thing is that on paybycash there's two Stygian Abyss purchases available:
"UO Stygian Abyss Expansion Code" and "UO Stygian Abyss Code + 30 day Game Time"
The last says
EXISTING SUBSCRIBERS PLEASE READ:
This product is intended for NEW PLAYERS ONLY! If you need to upgrade your current account, please purchase the Ultima Online™: Stygian Abyss Expansion Pack.
So the obvious choice would be this is the one I have to buy (or at least most games with trial work like this - Trial = not considered a subscription), but ...
Will it force me to make a new account and have to start all over? I really want to keep my current char of course. So Does anyone know if the code that comes with that one can be used on a trial account?
Or do I have to buy the upgrade one?
EA is really lacking some trial FAQ.
Thank you all, hope you can help me out here =)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you already have an account with chars/skills you will need to buy the Upgrade Code and then game time. :(

B

Bakuryu

Thank you. Will have to pay a bit more than expected then, exchange rate is killing me here, haha, oh well.
Thanks again.