• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UPDATED 31 OCT] the scent of llamas is in the air... [event announcement]

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The autumn harvest is over and winter is just a few weeks away. And all of Britannia is rejoicing, for once again it’s that magical time of year when people from all walks of life from beggar to nobleman come together in friendship, sharing in their love for the most beautiful and noble creature to be found, the llama.

So, In celebration of this wonderful time of year, Queen Dawn has decreed that the first annual Atlantic Llama Festival shall be held this Saturday and Sunday, the 13th and 14th of November.

At special request (and high expense) of the Throne, the event's host will be none other than the King of Llamas himself, Ralph the Wonderllama!

All participants are greatly encouraged to ride only llamas on the weekend of the event (or even the week leading up to the event!), to show your support for these majestic creatures (preferably non-ethereal llamas). The Britannia Royal Zoo will be bringing in dozens of rideable llamas for people to tame as well, so no one will be left llamaless. The tamers of the realm are encouraged to help supply llamas to those people who can't obtain one themselves.

There will be a special Llama Festival chat channel created for those who don't like to use General chat. Each event will be announced on the channel 30 minutes, 15 minutes, and 5 minutes prior to the event's start. General chat will not be used to announce the start of any event other than the final top-secret one.

There will be five official Llama Festival events, but our llama-loving players are very welcome to stage their own llama-themed events to supplement the official ones.

The official event itinerary is as follows:

3:00 PM EST Saturday, November 13th: The Herd Mentality

Oh no! the poor llamas of Terra Sanctum are being attacked by dire wolves! Can the shepherds of Britannia save the herd before its too late? [herding event]

6:00 PM EST Saturday, November 13th: Storytelling

Ralph wants to hear a story! But not just any story - every storyteller will be given a bag with two random items in it. The storyteller will have 30 seconds to look at the items in the bag and think of a story, and then three minutes to tell it. The rules are: The story must involve the two items in some way, the story must be llama-themed in some way, and the story has to be family-friendly.

3:00 PM EST Sunday November 14th: Thieves!

a shipment of food from Ralph's distant kingdom was captured by pirates and hidden in Jhelom. But the thieves were caught, and now the food is just waiting for someone to take it back to Ralph. [Thief event, takes place in Fel, rules for the game will be explained at the start of the event]

6:00 PM EST Sunday, November 14th: Homesick

Ralph is feeling a little homesick, so he's called for the mages of Britannia to help bring him a little bit of home while he's visiting us. The first mage to summon a Llama Vortex wins! All mages are advised to bring 100% LRC suits and as much mana regen as possible [mage event]

Sometime after the mage event, Sunday, November 14th: ????
This event is top secret! The start of the event and its location will be announced on the General Chat channel AND the special Llama Festival channel within two hours of the conclusion of the mage event. Participants are advised to show up ready for anything! Will it be a tea party with Ralph the Wonderllama? Or will it be total death and destruction for everyone in Britannia? Probably neither, but still be on your guard!

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: the scent of llamas is in the air... [event announcement]

I cannot wait for this! How awesome, what a fun event!

Ralph!!!! Lmao!!!! Priceless name!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*cuddles her llama vortex*

We're ready!

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Apparently there's a big player-held event that was already on the schedule that I just found out about, so I'm pushing the Llama Festival to the 13 and 14th instead of 6th and 7th (the following weekend) to avoid any problems. Sorry guys

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Due to excessive immaturity on the part of some of the non-shepherds who attended the herding event, that portion of the Festival has been postponed. The prizes will be given out at the reschedule herding event. Sorry for the inconvenience

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice try on the herding event Spriggan, Bennu, and Visiting Em, Ikarus. See you at 6 with hopes of a better outcome.

M

Mr hawk

Was nice to hear, that there was going to be an event that was not the normal killing kill kill die die. To bad the same people that you see asking for items after every event, had to ruin it for everyone. I hope to see more events like this in the future.

Thank you,
hawk

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I attended the event briefly with the intent of throwing out some evil roleplay by killing a few llamas (not during the herding portion, was thinking after the contest concluded and the count had occurred). After I saw how people were acting I decided just to leave as people were being serious a-holes.

In all honesty when specific people act like that I wish EM's had the power to jail that character for the duration of the event. I saw more people wither spamming, casting EV's, and fielding then I did actually herding.

Good luck with the festival Spriggan, I'm hoping to make the llama vortex summoning portion tomorrow but I may still be on the road at 6pm. Have to drive 3 hours to get back to area to train for work on Monday.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people were asking to see it:

Warning: It started off with 105 charges and I double clicked it once. It just shoots a lot (49?) fireworks in the air. If you win 2nd place from another event don't click it... it's not worth it.

edit: I guess it gains charges back 1/hour. It's at 57 right now.

:fight:

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine does not have charges, it does however flamestrike when dbl clicked. Anyone know when and where the winning stories will be posted?

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Congratulations to our Storytelling winners!

1st place: Lllama King
2nd place: Chad Sexington
3rd place: Tiny Dancer

And a huge thank you to our three judges Queen Arya, Emily the Tamer, and Bon Iver!

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to the 3 story telling winners. I look forward to reading your work in the near future.:danceb:

B

Beleth of Atlantic

Spriggan,

Thank you for attempting this festival. In all honesty, with the grief you faced I would never try to do such a thing again... But you handled it well overall.

For future contests I'd consider having them take place inside a house so you can ban those who refuse to listen. Between the people intentionally griefing, the item hungry beggars, and the item hungry "oh he's summoning so I will JUST incase so I can get an item" things went surprisingly well.