• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update on the Connection problem

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smplyslpng

I tried like 6 times, kept gettin stuck at 35%, so i tried TC3 instead, same thing 35%, then went back to ealand, updated, and poof i'm in. Keep trying. Its gotta work sooner or later!

G

lmao...ok now try with no spaces after and before brackets

*sighs* itll work evenutally

R

Rich'

well we shall see if this worked or not lol

someone said to put * after [ is that right

W

Whitilicious 07'

did u put the signature in photo program like photo bucket and copy from there ?

Oh wait u have the space again silly take the space out( ] [ << wrong )
(][ << right )

G

ok now, rofl, take out bracket before http and after png. Only use brackets around image in beginning and end. lol, not being very helpful now am I. Really, eventually we will see your sim face on here lol

J

jasminemoon

Well...

For those of you stuck at 35%..at least you have the possibility of getting in sometime soon..

I'm still downloading the update. Been downloading ever since the servers came back up and it looks like it's gonna be awhile. *pout*

So...chin up, I'm sure you'll be in soon.

In the meantime..I'm stuck in no broadband availability dial up world, I'm still recovering from walking pneumonia and there is a wood roach (or as some politely call them "waterbug") running around under my computer desk...totally freaking me out (and I'm not getting any + fun from that! *laugh*).....

*mumbles something censored about my local phone and cable companies not bringing broadband to my area*....

It's times like these that I wish I'd arranged my RL furniture in a form that I could at least view the tv from my desk..maybe if I point the mouse and click to move the furniture..nope didn't work: I now know I'm in a terrible state of game withdrawal! *wink*

27% percent download...and counting.V.E.R.Y..slowly ..

*let's out a small cry combined with a sigh*

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

it could be because a lot of people are trying to sign into the game right now. wait a while and try again

[/ QUOTE ]

Three hours later and probably same people still trying to log on lol

G

I now have 1 account in, but there are *very* few people in TC3, not even 50% of what is usually there even at this time of night. I tried logging in a 2nd account and that one is stuck at 35%, so I am dreading when 20 minutes rolls around and I get the error 23.....I'm afraid that will mean I won't be able to get in at all...but without jobs working all I can do is skill anyway which I need to do but would rather work shifts in between

P

puss in boots

omg now i cant use the main one on my eldest account but i can use the other two sims in ealand on the same account ... give me a break...i understand the devs have been working most of the day/nite but honestly i feel like im just throwing my forty dollers a month away cause i can never play the god damn game .... and i now have a missing sim from tc3 jezzzuz

G

I could update to get into TC3, now when I want to go back to EAL, I get an 'internal error' followed by sim selection screen that is empty. None of my sims showing, either can I create one.

When I updated the TC3 sim, I noticed my EAL sims were showing but grey'd out. I couldnt click them.

I wonder.. I wonder.. 10hrs ago I went to bed, and I see EA has gone too.

Oh right... thanx so much for all the hard work...yadayadayada...

F

frogger2

yup same thing here 2 accounts work "sometimes" and 2 wont work at all past 35% please fix this all the way. cant you guys just roll back an update? its obvious it was something in this new update....lol.

J

jammybob

OK enough already....I know i cant enter the game before my sockets are sterilized, but this is silly, my poor sim has been sitting with sterilized sockets now for 30 mins. He'll just waste away if he has to keep being cleaned like that !!

M

MysticNyte

I agree..I get very tired of paying to beta test a game.

It would be nice for us paying cutomers, if they would at least have a post saying..we are addressing the problem, hope to have it fixed in an hour..or in 3 hours..something from them.

I got in again...no skill lots open I need of corse...thought well I'll go shopping...stopped at 16% and booted me, now I'm back at being stuck at 35%

It's been 3 hours since I first posted I can't get in....I agree with the person that said....ROLL THE GAME BACK TO BEFORE THE BUGGED UPDATE...AT LEAST WE COULD PLAY while you put that BUGGED UPDATE on "test" and see what is wrong with it BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN EALand !!!

G

It is a beta game right now folks. We have to just accept that there are times its going to be like this. I have played since Dec, 2002, so I know all about the I pay to play arguement. When I get really frustrated, I just remember what the last few years were like on TSO. SLOW, no one playing. No updates. The game is better now folks, but we have to go over some bumps first. Also, the devs ARE working their booties off. We certainly have a right to want to be able to play the game we pay for, but at the same time we should have a little respect, appreciation, and patience. It will be worth it in the end.

F

frogger2

what alternate universe do you live in lol? i want to live thier too still stuck at 35% on 1 accoubt at anyrate, the account with the sim that has good skills that is lol....of course.

J

jasminemoon

So...I've finally got the entire update..(went and watched "Driving Miss Daisy" for awhile, thinking I might get some sleep-being the insomniac that I am-, of course, it didn't work and ) I came back delighted that the update was done.....only to find out that when I go to log in, guess what?

DING DING DING..I wish I had prize money to give ya'll but my sim is poor..lol

Yep...dang them sockets must be REALLY dirty to be sterilized for so long! What happened to get them that way? HMM?

Anyhoo,
I've only tried my main avatar...I've rebooted the game twice..and am waiting on the dreaded "time out" error while stuck at 35% to see if that makes a difference. I read that the waiting for it and then logging in worked for someone up above.

{update while I'm posting- it reverted back to my avatar screen, and I'm stuck at 35% again..wondering whether I should reboot}

You couldn't talk me into trying to go in to TC3 (not that I ever have anyway) and risking the other problems that players are having right now! Although I do remember the Devs saying something in the post about not changing cities while they were doing this update..maybe the probs peeps are having are to do with that.

And because ppl are having probs with mostly their main avatar, and even losing some of there avatars..I'm truly really scared to try and log in with any of my other ones.

Anyone around to let me know that this would be safe to do? Will I lose my main avatar if I try that?

I know the devs must be pretty busy (or resting so they can be busy again tomorrow).

*sigh*...

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

It is a beta game right now folks. We have to just accept that there are times its going to be like this. I have played since Dec, 2002, so I know all about the I pay to play arguement. When I get really frustrated, I just remember what the last few years were like on TSO. SLOW, no one playing. No updates. The game is better now folks, but we have to go over some bumps first. Also, the devs ARE working their booties off. We certainly have a right to want to be able to play the game we pay for, but at the same time we should have a little respect, appreciation, and patience. It will be worth it in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, ive also been playing since 2002 and the last few years have been wonderful compared to what we have now.
Even when we do get on, its nowhere near as fun as it used to be. We can pizza with a team of 20's and receive next to nothing in return, we cant afford any of the store prices. Hell, we can't even afford to buy a plot of land anymore. How is this progress?
Dont you wish you could log your sims on now and play TSO? I know i do

P

puss in boots

Well thats all fine and just dandy ... but .. as a beta game they should be charging less than they do..... i would be happy to pay $5 a month for a game that never works but thats not the case its money,money,money in maxis pocket .... as for the devs yes as i said in last post i know they are working on it but if your charging people $10 a month for a game then suck it up thats your job to fix it so paying customers can see the benifit of their money . ... thats just my opinion

M

MysticNyte

Addis the point of having a test server is to make sure things are working before they put it in the main game....I fully know even doing that...it still can have some tweaks to iron out...but tweaks that last a full 12 hours of downtime for paying customers...says they did not put it on test and fully make sure it worked...they just threw it at us..and now we get to sit and wait it out till they figure out why it isn't working...so again I say..that is the job of the test server..not the main EALand server....

I'm a founder too..and I'm back...they learned alot...but apparently they haven't figured out what the test server is for yet...

G

Its a matter of opinion I guess. I do think the game is better. We have CC for one. We have Dev's that actually speak to us. Yeah, losing my millions sucked, but I believe the game needed the wipe. You have to skill and work hard to make money to buy the things you want. It shouldnt come easy, that is part of the game. That really is the whole point of the game. Its a glorified chat room that is goal oriented, if you so choose.

I

imported_fajjaa

This reminds me of Christmas Vacation where Chevy Chases wife figures out the lights only work when the utility room light switch is on......Someone keeps bumping the right switch for just a few seconds and then turns it back off without realizing they found the answer to the problem. The trick is to hit that moment when that switch is being hit. Just a universe update for those interested.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

Its a matter of opinion I guess. I do think the game is better. We have CC for one. We have Dev's that actually speak to us. Yeah, losing my millions sucked, but I believe the game needed the wipe. You have to skill and work hard to make money to buy the things you want. It shouldnt come easy, that is part of the game. That really is the whole point of the game. Its a glorified chat room that is goal oriented, if you so choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, thats just ignoring whats happening... Skill? For what?? If you havent noticed, they've done away with skill bonuses for pizza. A team of 0's gets the same as a team of 20's. They no longer want us to skill. So what is left? Just as you say, a glorified chatroom. I dont see the goals there anymore

P

puss in boots

LMAO... now i get in and its saying i cant open my lot because the city is to busy ... HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOO THERES NONE ONLINE CAUSE WE CANT GET IN DUH!

J

jasminemoon

I FINALLY loaded in, and I actually wuv you guys SO much that before I have even played, I came back to tell you this:

I had to keep trying until I got the actual "error 23 timed out" error..

then when I clicked on my sim..it worked.

So, apparently, to get in right now takes patience and lots of it.

I just hope everything will run smoothly once I try to get on a property. If you don't hear from me, assume that it did.

Jasmine Moon

M

MysticNyte

I agree Addis that is all wonderfull, that is why I'm back...my daughter is back...my 2 friends are coming back...those are wonderfull fun great addon's to the game.
We all quit to cause it had become a virtual SXX chat game, now it is what we wanted to begin with...a great fun game with awsome stuff in it...

But the point is still the same...they need to make sure "ANY THING" they do to change the game is done on the test shard...and "works" before they put it in the main EALand server

Because I'm very uncomterable....I've already went though a full 24 hour downtime just a couple days ago...no another all day downtime today...when is the next one coming...????

When I saw they had 2 test centers...I thought ok...well they plan on working on the game there...than add to EALand when they saw it was working...but with 2 big downtimes in a week...now I'm wondering everytime I go to log on...CAN I AND FOR HOW LONG THIS TIME.....and that isn't a fun feeling to know the game can get jerked out from under u at anytime for who knows how long..when u'r playing on what is supposed to be a fairly stable "MAIN SERVER"

G

I LOVE to pizza, always have
Yeah payout sux, altho we do get a little skill bonus, nothing to brag about tho. However, with the payouts as they are now, you can still make decent "simolians" making pizza. ( If you take into account what payouts are like now, and not by what they used to be) Also skilling does make a difference in payouts on individual money objects. You have to throw away the old school train of thought from TSO, those days are gone, at least for now. Yeah I miss my 25k a round for pizza, but Im sorry, the changes that are being made are just not the end of the world for me
Im not argueing with ya, I just know this is how it is for now, so we might as well get over it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, thats just ignoring whats happening... Skill? For what?? If you havent noticed, they've done away with skill bonuses for pizza. A team of 0's gets the same as a team of 20's. They no longer want us to skill. So what is left? Just as you say, a glorified chatroom. I dont see the goals there anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a gross exaggeration. I don't know about the skill bonuses, but as far as payout goes, a team of zeros does NOT get the same as a team of 20s. The payout per pizza is more. Why are people so fixated on just the skill bonus and not looking at the price they are getting per pie? YES it is still low, but there *is* still a small advantage to getting that skill.

Not to mention it is ALOT easier to find people to play with you that know what they are doing when you are skilled because most people realize the point I just made and since payouts are so low whatever you do they will not deal with a player that has less than 10 in the position they want to play. And since I can't see the point in playing more than one round with a person who isn't experienced or skilled to show them how it works as an incentive for them to go and get the skill to do better, I got the skill so that I would be seen as a worthwhile team mate.

That and I do NOT want to be the low man on the totem pole when it comes to being on a pizza team, because I would have the knowledge that I was dragging that team's pay down even further than it already was since the payout is based on the total number of skill points on the table, and not split up and more given to those with higher skills and less given to those with lower skills. If that's the way it worked, then hey if somebody doesn't wanna skill and is willing to work for bupkiss, yeah I'll play with them to get my 20 skill points worth of points.....but when their unwillingness to skill affects my payout, yeah I got a problem with it after I've played with them for a round or two just to give them an idea of what they need to do. Many players won't even do that....they'll just bite the head off newbies that are not stupid, they are just unfamiliar with how pizza works.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

[That is a gross exaggeration. I don't know about the skill bonuses, but as far as payout goes, a team of zeros does NOT get the same as a team of 20s. The payout per pizza is more. Why are people so fixated on just the skill bonus and not looking at the price they are getting per pie? YES it is still low, but there *is* still a small advantage to getting that skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think it is a gross exageration. Do you know for sure that a team of 20's get more per pizza than a team of 0's?

The maximum skill bonus is $1 per pizza. I Have admittedly never done pizza with a team of 0's but assumed the would get that anyway. If thats not the case, when does the $1 skill bonus kick in? Have you actually done pizza with a team of 0's to find out if they get a skill bonus?
In anycase, $1 per pizza even if it is more than the team of 0's can hardly be described as a gross exageration.
Its actually an insult for the hours of skilling you have to put in to get to 20.
Bottom line is that skilling is not rewarded as it should be.
I DO know though that skill does NOT give you a bigger reward per pizza apart from skill bonus
Drop payouts by all means, but dont take away the reason to skill, its taking a huge part of the game and making it meaningless

N

NightFlyer

TTL

I am still hanging at 35%.

Is anyone getting in and staying in with out problems?

J

jammybob

i was in for a while but tried to change sims and am at 35 again

G

<blockquote><hr>

I DO know though that skill does NOT give you a bigger reward per pizza apart from skill bonus
Drop payouts by all means, but dont take away the reason to skill, its taking a huge part of the game and making it meaningless

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played with a table full of 0 skill sims, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that this part of your statement is not true. I have played on a table with 40 cumulative points (all 10 scores or combinations that add up to 40) I have played on 60 point teams (all 15s or combinations that add up to that) and I have played on an 80 point team (yeah only one team with all 20s
that is so rare anymore) and each and every time there was a rise in both the payout and the skill bonus. I understand that the payouts and skill bonuses have been cut down so that the max skill bonus is no longer 5 e.mu.'s like it was when I played on that 80 point team, HOWEVER even with the payout and skill bonus cuts there was a difference in base payouts with the increase of the total number of points on the table. If there was some way I could provide screen shot evidence of this I would be happy to, but I'm not sure how I could do it. I'm going to have to get some other kind of photo editing software and figure out why Prnt Scrn is not doing screenies correctly, and I will have to find avatars that have different levels of skills to work with, and probably get another free account so that I could have an avatar with 0 in the given skills since I make it a point to get SOME skill in the pizza skills on my regular avatars....but if requested I will make an effort to gather this screenshot evidence of what I have observed, even if the evidence I end up getting is contrary to what I had learned before and I have to recant my previous statement.

So yes I support the idea that the skill bonus is an insult for having gotten the points, but there *is* still some incentive to skill with the differences in base payouts not counting the skill bonus. I am not claiming that it is a monumental earth shattering difference, but it would be big difference between a 0 point team and an 80 point team for SURE, and in our present economy, each and every e.m.u. counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.