• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update on my health.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things looking a lot brighter, with only two Nuke and Poison treatments and of course the whole body septic infection thing :) The cancer that was not cut out two weeks ago has shrank by 70%. Very unexpected the major surgery on September 1st has been put on hold and 6 more weeks of aggressive Radiation and Chemo have taken the surgerys place. If things continue as they are the Doctor expects the cancerous tissue to only be 3%-5% of its original mass and we go from a 30 hour very complex surgery with 2%-3% chance of survival and recovery to a 2-3 hour out patient surgery with a 99.5% chance of survival and recovery. Basically I am out of the woods as far as dying and am just going to be very sick for a couple of months of intense chemo and nuking. Don't know why the cancer is responding so well and dying so fast and I really don't care why. Basically I get treatments on Saturdays and sick Saturday Sunday and Monday, start feeling a bit better on Tuesday and Wednesday, feeling ok on Thursdays, feeling pretty good on Friday and then repeat. I get X rays on Mondays and Fridays to track the progress.

The down side is this is going to be my life for the next couple of Months, Between the Septic, nuking and Poison a lot of damage has been done to my liver and pancreas and the infection played hell on my kidneys. looking at a couple of years of healing and regenerating. Which Kidneys do slowly if they are healthy and there are no underlying problems, the liver much faster and the pancreas is kind of a unknown.

If the shrinking of the cancer continues there is still a risk of spinal cord damage in the removal of what is left but I will take 99.5 : .5 odds in my favor. Beats the 97/3 two weeks ago against me.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do you have someone to run the farm?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things looking a lot brighter, with only two Nuke and Poison treatments and of course the whole body septic infection thing :) The cancer that was not cut out two weeks ago has shrank by 70%. Very unexpected the major surgery on September 1st has been put on hold and 6 more weeks of aggressive Radiation and Chemo have taken the surgerys place. If things continue as they are the Doctor expects the cancerous tissue to only be 3%-5% of its original mass and we go from a 30 hour very complex surgery with 2%-3% chance of survival and recovery to a 2-3 hour out patient surgery with a 99.5% chance of survival and recovery. Basically I am out of the woods as far as dying and am just going to be very sick for a couple of months of intense chemo and nuking. Don't know why the cancer is responding so well and dying so fast and I really don't care why. Basically I get treatments on Saturdays and sick Saturday Sunday and Monday, start feeling a bit better on Tuesday and Wednesday, feeling ok on Thursdays, feeling pretty good on Friday and then repeat. I get X rays on Mondays and Fridays to track the progress.

The down side is this is going to be my life for the next couple of Months, Between the Septic, nuking and Poison a lot of damage has been done to my liver and pancreas and the infection played hell on my kidneys. looking at a couple of years of healing and regenerating. Which Kidneys do slowly if they are healthy and there are no underlying problems, the liver much faster and the pancreas is kind of a unknown.

If the shrinking of the cancer continues there is still a risk of spinal cord damage in the removal of what is left but I will take 99.5 : .5 odds in my favor. Beats the 97/3 two weeks ago against me.
Great news! Congrats man! :D

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have someone to run the farm?
My wife is doing as best she can between working her full time job. I decided to sell off all of the pigs except one boar and two young gilts. Cutting the cattle back to one young bull and 4 heifers. and in the vegetable arena shrink back to one high tunnel and 1 greenhouse. Will still do 2000-3000 broilers (Meat Chickens per year) and 250 Turkeys and cut the layers back to 200 instead of 800. That shrinks the farm by about 80% so between the two of us we should be able to manage that until I get better. Friends and fellow farmers keep offering to help out but that is not a long term solution and my non farming friends that *Help* are as useless as teats on a boar :) I appreciate their intent and efforts but their help usually means there is even more work to do after they helped. My farmer friends while they know what they are doing, have the same problem I do, there is more work on their farms than there are hours in the day. Can't ask or accept them letting their places slip to try and keep mine up. A couple of them are going to come out and help me sort and load the pigs as they work their way off the farm. I just ain't up for the running and dodging that goes with getting pasture pigs into catch and holding pens. And I am not going to have my wife going toe to toe with 400 pounds sows and 600 pound boars :) A much better task for guys that have handled pigs their whole life and know what a hog is signalling it is going to do.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My wife is doing as best she can between working her full time job. I decided to sell off all of the pigs except one boar and two young gilts. Cutting the cattle back to one young bull and 4 heifers. and in the vegetable arena shrink back to one high tunnel and 1 greenhouse. Will still do 2000-3000 broilers (Meat Chickens per year) and 250 Turkeys and cut the layers back to 200 instead of 800. That shrinks the farm by about 80% so between the two of us we should be able to manage that until I get better. Friends and fellow farmers keep offering to help out but that is not a long term solution and my non farming friends that *Help* are as useless as teats on a boar :) I appreciate their intent and efforts but their help usually means there is even more work to do after they helped. My farmer friends while they know what they are doing, have the same problem I do, there is more work on their farms than there are hours in the day. Can't ask or accept them letting their places slip to try and keep mine up. A couple of them are going to come out and help me sort and load the pigs as they work their way off the farm. I just ain't up for the running and dodging that goes with getting pasture pigs into catch and holding pens. And I am not going to have my wife going toe to toe with 400 pounds sows and 600 pound boars :) A much better task for guys that have handled pigs their whole life and know what a hog is signalling it is going to do.
You could always turn it into a Baseball Diamond :p Good news on your health...here's hoping for much more.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So about those pigs......You should know I'm a big fan of bacon. I mean, if you got more bacon than you can eat....I'm just sayin...

:)
LOL before I started getting sick about 6 weeks ago, I put 500 pounds of bacon down in the Store freezer and think I have ate a pound of it since then. I am a big fan of the brats/1 1/2 inch diameter 10 inch long sausages wrapped in BACON and then grilled...... Of course I like bacon wrapped bacon to :) Seriously though the meat wagon has not been going to markets, so I am sitting on around 5,000 pounds of pork, 2500 pounds of whole steer burger and a couple thousand pounds of chickens. And 60 hogs ready to go to the packing plant that at this point I am selling as whole hogs at $2.65 per pound hanging weight + the .65 cents per pound the packing plant charges to process. $3.30 per pound for pasture raised pork is a very fair price and my competitors are very happy to see me out of the game as they charge $4.00-$5.00 per pound hanging weight and their plant charges $1.15 per pound processing.

THink that is what bruises the pride more than anything, I have been top dog in my region for the last 8 years and instead of targeting the elite wealthy, I targeted the low income to middle middle class, got a EBT/SNAP terminal and still am the only direct marketing farm in the area that accepts it. Set up tabs/payment plans for folks that couldn't afford to pay up front with no extra charges or interest. Trade work for payment. And sell 250 turkeys every November at $50 bucks a pop and take that $12,500 and but $5,000 worth of Walmart turkeys and donate them to the organizations that make sure the people that need the TG and Christmas Dinner the most get them. anything over the 5k I go to ST Louis and go on a toy shopping spree and play Santa on Christmas for the very low income kids. Hey folks will pay $3.00 per pound for my Turkeys and I get a deal buying bulk .49 cent per pound turkeys from walmart Sure my birds are a lot better but seems to me getting a lot more birds to families that wouldn't otherwise have anything makes more sense and the look on a little kids face at 6am on Christmas morning as you pull a X Box or Playstation out of the bag is priceless. LOL No one here knows I do all this and I like it that way. But here on the boards I can share a bit of that and not worry about getting outed :) Much prefer folks to think I am the cranky hermit at the end of the dead end road :)

A lot of pain tonight so the meds have my mind wandering forgive me if I am all over the map and OT :) Got to thinking yesterday that if I die that all just stops. No more putting Santa's Sleigh on a trailer and explaining to the little ones the Sleigh broke down last night and Santa had to borrow a big red truck and trailer to finish making his deliveries. No more turkeys going out the day before TG to all the people that would go without. I never really stopped to consider how many people lives I touch and don't even know who most of them are beyond a name and addy list that the Fire Dept. gives me to make the Christmas Day toy run. Hell I can't die now just because I would leave all those folks hanging and some little kid with a empty stocking. LOL Now I gotta make some kind of plan and set up some kind of trust to make sure that keeps happening when I do die!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well amazing to hear and I wish you the best of luck. I wish I could learn to farm but I have a black thumb :(
I hear that a lot :) It is not that hard to learn but it is hard to adapt to the constant changing factors. It takes 1000% dedication and a lot of sacrifice to get up and running. April through November (Most Years) are 16-20 hour days of hard hot back breaking work. November through March are only 8-10 hour days. The biggest challenge is the cost of starting up and a slow return on investment. Right now my little farm has a land value of $220,000 another $50,000 in Buildings, $30,000 in fence, $25000 in high tunnels, $20,000 greenhouse, $150,000 in tractors and implements, $30,000 in small machines and tools, $30,000 per year for feed base, Seeds and plants run about $8,000 per year. So just to start up on a small 40 acre farm with what you need to get up and running cost $450,000-$500,000 up front. I was fortunate enough or smart enough to save every extra dime I made from 1984 to 2000 and pay cash for everything and go into it debt free. 9 out of 10 new farm start ups are belly up and bankrupt within the first 3 years due to debt load. 1 out of 70 is still in business after 10 years. 1 out of 150 is still in business after 15 years. Debt, low income, getting trapped in the federal grant and subsidy traps, a lack of understanding that your farm is your life and everything else is secondary, all contribute to those statistics. I am quite proud that we have never accepted Government Subsidies or Grants, I often wonder how 5-10 acre farms cashing in on $30,000-$200,000 per year in grants fall flat on their face and their farm on the auction block. Of course I wonder how we run 3 busy farmers market on a $5,000 per year budget total, and the not for profit markets getting $100,000 per year in AMS/FMPP grants run dead markets with 4-6 vendors and 75-100 market traffic. Our big Market sees an average of 1200 visitors every Wednesday afternoon and our Smallest Market averages 300 market visitors. Hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars funneled into dead markets across the Nation and the low budget for profit Markets that are not eligible for grant funds kick their asses at every turn with a fraction of the operating budgets. Every year I see around 50-100 new farms start up in our region and every year I see 50-100 1-3 year old small farms buckle in our region. Mainly due to high debt load and low return on investment, have no idea where all the grant money goes other than probably those brand new $60,000 trucks everyone thinks they have to have, or that $40,000 kubota tractor with a backhoe, belly mower and bucket. LOL There is a reason I drive a 15 year old truck, have a 1974 and a 1975 tractors, 1947 hay rakes, I did splurge and dropped $20,000 on a 1998 round baler but the square baler is a 1977 commercial baler I reburbished. 1978 haybine and a newer Rhino 8' disc mower I dropped $6,000 on at a auction. But even those old tractors burn you for $10,000-$12,000 each. Start up herd of Dexter cattle....... Cattle prices are crazy high right now and will burn you $5,000 for a good bull and $1500-$2000 per heifer. Breeding quality hogs around $500-$1000 per head. I am actually bringing in a lot of cash selling off a large chunk of the breeding herd of Dexter Cattle and Hogs, which is good because I have a lot of things to pay for atm. But after all that investment you will earn $12,000-$15,000 in net profit the the first few years 40 acres sustainably farmed. After 16 year and developing a large regular customer base and being dependable you will earn $60,000- $90,000 lots of variables that play into each years income. In 2012 in our drought I actually lost $9,000 that year, it happens and that is when you are glad your spouse has a good job pulling 85k per year. LOL combined we earn $160,000 per year average from the farm and the wifes job, and live in a 1974 mobile home and both drive 15 year old trucks and have a 8 year old car we use for running around. That is another problem new farmers have, they all have to have new cars and trucks, they have to build $300,000 house or get a $200,000 modular. They love their vacations, a lot are gone for the entire month of August and will come home and wonder why their farm turned to ****.

All that being said we need a lot more new farmers, not hobbyist or fly by nights, or FINO's (Farmers in name only). But we have to get programs in place where those of us that have been successful teach those serious about starting up. The USDA first time farmer buyer loans need to be made available to people other than the big farmers kids in the good ole boi network. The grant programs need wiped out and replaced with low interest easily obtainable loans with collateral and oversight. Right now the free money for as long as it last and hide as much of it as possible so when the farm goes bankrupt you have a nice tax payer funded nest egg tucked away has to end. People with their own skin in the game are much more motivated to succeed than those on the free ride. The idea of I am going to be a farmer and investing in the start up with no clue of what you are getting into is a common disaster. New Farmers need to spend two solid year interning on a successful farm and learning the business inside and out from prepping the soil to marketing the finished product. There is A LOT to learn and unless you grew up doing it day in and day out, you are setting yourself up for a hard failure. Can't count the number of Hot New farmers that spend all their time reinventing the wheel. College Ag programs teach failure in small farming and sustainable AG. The university research fields are controlled environments with the most modern and best of everything, with a army of students maintaining them. The real world is much different, hired help is usually worthless if you can find it at all. The best is what you can cobble together on a tight budget. When you are looking at weeding 200 300' long rows and its 90+ degrees by yourself...... Yeah there is a moral buster. Mr. Murphy and his law is a constant companion. It is guaranteed if you need rain you won't get it. But as soon as you get the hayfield mowed the clouds will roll in. Or you need a couple inches and get 20 days of solid storms and 15 inches that wash everthing you just planted out :) Get sick for a month and a half and not be able to do anything and your nice well tended field has weeds taller than you are..... I am 6' 4" so that is saying something. Hogs exist for two reasons to make bacon and to tear fence up and escape...... On the bright side they eat the weeds in the veggie field :) LOL 2016 is going down as a disaster year in my books :) I am fortunate enough though that my farm can survive years like this and me being down for a extended period. The bank can't forclose on me and nothing can be repo'd. Because I have near Zero debt, less than 10k for a tire account, fuel card and something else that I can't think of. I have a whopping $600 per month in Electric bill, Water bill and insurance. My property taxes are $212 per year and I am a total cheap ass except when it comes to UO, I spend way to much on UO LOL but it is my hobby and something I enjoy.

Anyway Planters rent a acre and buy a tiller and some other basic tools. My Market Garden from 1984-2000 was a 1/4 acre lot and just growing easy things like tomatoes and cucumbers, lettuce, and radishes I was making a nice $2,000 per year profit from it. Grandpa always said If you can't make a profit on 1/8th of and acres you are not going to do any better on 400 acres. A lot of our market vendors are very small home gardens that produce a surplus and they make $500-$3,000 per summer selling their excess. Plus renting a small piece of land and buying just the most basic equipment gets your feet wet and starts the learning and won't bankrupt you if it doesn't pan out. Plenty of us small farmers are happy to help out and give you endless boring advice that is invaluable if you listen to it. If nothing else you will have access to better food that you grew yourself and don't have to wonder if there is any funk in the food ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hear that a lot :) It is not that hard to learn but it is hard to adapt to the constant changing factors. It takes 1000% dedication and a lot of sacrifice to get up and running. April through November (Most Years) are 16-20 hour days of hard hot back breaking work. November through March are only 8-10 hour days. The biggest challenge is the cost of starting up and a slow return on investment. Right now my little farm has a land value of $220,000 another $50,000 in Buildings, $30,000 in fence, $25000 in high tunnels, $20,000 greenhouse, $150,000 in tractors and implements, $30,000 in small machines and tools, $30,000 per year for feed base, Seeds and plants run about $8,000 per year. So just to start up on a small 40 acre farm with what you need to get up and running cost $450,000-$500,000 up front. I was fortunate enough or smart enough to save every extra dime I made from 1984 to 2000 and pay cash for everything and go into it debt free. 9 out of 10 new farm start ups are belly up and bankrupt within the first 3 years due to debt load. 1 out of 70 is still in business after 10 years. 1 out of 150 is still in business after 15 years. Debt, low income, getting trapped in the federal grant and subsidy traps, a lack of understanding that your farm is your life and everything else is secondary, all contribute to those statistics. I am quite proud that we have never accepted Government Subsidies or Grants, I often wonder how 5-10 acre farms cashing in on $30,000-$200,000 per year in grants fall flat on their face and their farm on the auction block. Of course I wonder how we run 3 busy farmers market on a $5,000 per year budget total, and the not for profit markets getting $100,000 per year in AMS/FMPP grants run dead markets with 4-6 vendors and 75-100 market traffic. Our big Market sees an average of 1200 visitors every Wednesday afternoon and our Smallest Market averages 300 market visitors. Hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars funneled into dead markets across the Nation and the low budget for profit Markets that are not eligible for grant funds kick their asses at every turn with a fraction of the operating budgets. Every year I see around 50-100 new farms start up in our region and every year I see 50-100 1-3 year old small farms buckle in our region. Mainly due to high debt load and low return on investment, have no idea where all the grant money goes other than probably those brand new $60,000 trucks everyone thinks they have to have, or that $40,000 kubota tractor with a backhoe, belly mower and bucket. LOL There is a reason I drive a 15 year old truck, have a 1974 and a 1975 tractors, 1947 hay rakes, I did splurge and dropped $20,000 on a 1998 round baler but the square baler is a 1977 commercial baler I reburbished. 1978 haybine and a newer Rhino 8' disc mower I dropped $6,000 on at a auction. But even those old tractors burn you for $10,000-$12,000 each. Start up herd of Dexter cattle....... Cattle prices are crazy high right now and will burn you $5,000 for a good bull and $1500-$2000 per heifer. Breeding quality hogs around $500-$1000 per head. I am actually bringing in a lot of cash selling off a large chunk of the breeding herd of Dexter Cattle and Hogs, which is good because I have a lot of things to pay for atm. But after all that investment you will earn $12,000-$15,000 in net profit the the first few years 40 acres sustainably farmed. After 16 year and developing a large regular customer base and being dependable you will earn $60,000- $90,000 lots of variables that play into each years income. In 2012 in our drought I actually lost $9,000 that year, it happens and that is when you are glad your spouse has a good job pulling 85k per year. LOL combined we earn $160,000 per year average from the farm and the wifes job, and live in a 1974 mobile home and both drive 15 year old trucks and have a 8 year old car we use for running around. That is another problem new farmers have, they all have to have new cars and trucks, they have to build $300,000 house or get a $200,000 modular. They love their vacations, a lot are gone for the entire month of August and will come home and wonder why their farm turned to ****.

All that being said we need a lot more new farmers, not hobbyist or fly by nights, or FINO's (Farmers in name only). But we have to get programs in place where those of us that have been successful teach those serious about starting up. The USDA first time farmer buyer loans need to be made available to people other than the big farmers kids in the good ole boi network. The grant programs need wiped out and replaced with low interest easily obtainable loans with collateral and oversight. Right now the free money for as long as it last and hide as much of it as possible so when the farm goes bankrupt you have a nice tax payer funded nest egg tucked away has to end. People with their own skin in the game are much more motivated to succeed than those on the free ride. The idea of I am going to be a farmer and investing in the start up with no clue of what you are getting into is a common disaster. New Farmers need to spend two solid year interning on a successful farm and learning the business inside and out from prepping the soil to marketing the finished product. There is A LOT to learn and unless you grew up doing it day in and day out, you are setting yourself up for a hard failure. Can't count the number of Hot New farmers that spend all their time reinventing the wheel. College Ag programs teach failure in small farming and sustainable AG. The university research fields are controlled environments with the most modern and best of everything, with a army of students maintaining them. The real world is much different, hired help is usually worthless if you can find it at all. The best is what you can cobble together on a tight budget. When you are looking at weeding 200 300' long rows and its 90+ degrees by yourself...... Yeah there is a moral buster. Mr. Murphy and his law is a constant companion. It is guaranteed if you need rain you won't get it. But as soon as you get the hayfield mowed the clouds will roll in. Or you need a couple inches and get 20 days of solid storms and 15 inches that wash everthing you just planted out :) Get sick for a month and a half and not be able to do anything and your nice well tended field has weeds taller than you are..... I am 6' 4" so that is saying something. Hogs exist for two reasons to make bacon and to tear fence up and escape...... On the bright side they eat the weeds in the veggie field :) LOL 2016 is going down as a disaster year in my books :) I am fortunate enough though that my farm can survive years like this and me being down for a extended period. The bank can't forclose on me and nothing can be repo'd. Because I have near Zero debt, less than 10k for a tire account, fuel card and something else that I can't think of. I have a whopping $600 per month in Electric bill, Water bill and insurance. My property taxes are $212 per year and I am a total cheap ass except when it comes to UO, I spend way to much on UO LOL but it is my hobby and something I enjoy.

Anyway Planters rent a acre and buy a tiller and some other basic tools. My Market Garden from 1984-2000 was a 1/4 acre lot and just growing easy things like tomatoes and cucumbers, lettuce, and radishes I was making a nice $2,000 per year profit from it. Grandpa always said If you can't make a profit on 1/8th of and acres you are not going to do any better on 400 acres. A lot of our market vendors are very small home gardens that produce a surplus and they make $500-$3,000 per summer selling their excess. Plus renting a small piece of land and buying just the most basic equipment gets your feet wet and starts the learning and won't bankrupt you if it doesn't pan out. Plenty of us small farmers are happy to help out and give you endless boring advice that is invaluable if you listen to it. If nothing else you will have access to better food that you grew yourself and don't have to wonder if there is any funk in the food ;)
Wow.... that is by far the most detailed description of farming I have ever read in my life. That sounds a lot harder than I thought it was!

There is something wrong with society when people who literally feed the world only make $15,000 in net profit the first few years of business, yet it's entirely possibly for a lawyer to make $200,000+ per year with a normal 8 hour workday in a cushy office with a secretary. Especially when all that lawyer really does all day is sign stuff and give advice to rich people about how to break financial laws without getting caught. Which does not help the world in any way whatsoever.

Life sucks sometimes....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.... that is by far the most detailed description of farming I have ever read in my life. That sounds a lot harder than I thought it was!

There is something wrong with society when people who literally feed the world only make $15,000 in net profit the first few years of business, yet it's entirely possibly for a lawyer to make $200,000+ per year with a normal 8 hour workday in a cushy office with a secretary. Especially when all that lawyer really does all day is sign stuff and give advice to rich people about how to break financial laws without getting caught. Which does not help the world in any way whatsoever.

Life sucks sometimes....
Like most other small business the first 3-5 years is rough as you get established and build a customer base. The big difference is to many idealist start the small farms and do not treat it like a business. I have looked at several new farms P&L sheets and Debt to revenue and by the time they realize there is a problem they are past the point of no return. "I made $1400 at markets last week I am doing great!" Which looks good on the front end, but on the back end they are bleeding money and forget about the $1,600 in overhead Mortgage, a hired hand, fuel, electric, insurance, the cost of seeds and plants that should be broke down into overhead for each week of the growing /market season. So what on the surface looks like a very good income is usually a $200-$300 per week net loss. That catches up after a while. Then toss in a over lack of diversity in skills, you have to be mechanic, engineer researcher, scientist, agronomist, accountant, sales rep, customer service, manure relocation specialist, equipment operator, marketing specialist, laborer, Vet, horticulturist, and deal with every problem that arises. Most have the Gardner skill and are either weak or non existent in the rest and hire mechanics, accountants, and the new trend paying 3rd party marketing firms.

LOL Me I do alright when I can cut my base overhead and cost of living back to $7,500 per year $15,000 is a good profit margin. But I am a extreme cheap ass in my personal spending. Cough other than my $1200 UO Store splurge last Month that my wife has reminded me of 6-30 times per day for the last week :) What can I say I needed lots of transfer tokens, and then all those new store items, and then singing balls and well in transferring I noticed I could use more stones and of course some accounts were weak in skills so need several mythics and well those $59.99 Sov Purchases added up :) Figure she will forget about it in another week or three :) Bad when she calls me twice on her Lunch hour to tell me "Mike you know you spent $1200 on that game last month!" LOL ain't going to do that again, not worth the headache.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For recovery, patients should da whatever makes them happy. So, playing a computer game might just be the perfect entertainment for you, a good distraction and cheer-up :)
I went a bit overboard collecting singing balls, if you visit the island the corners and porches are pretty much covered in them :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For recovery, patients should da whatever makes them happy. So, playing a computer game might just be the perfect entertainment for you, a good distraction and cheer-up :)
I will remember to tell my wife that the next time I get sick and watch her roll around the floor laughing.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will remember to tell my wife that the next time I get sick and watch her roll around the floor laughing.
Well spending $1200 did make me feel better :) Until my wife was going through the bank statements.... I forgot to intercept them at the mail box and dispose of them ;)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So happy for you that things are looking up! Best wishes to you and sending lots of prayers your way!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad things are looking brighter for you!!! The offer still stands if you decide you want the Zento Hub or Wolf House back, they are yours. If not, I'll keep them in public operation for the shard.
See where things go, be my luck I would take them back and fall over dead 10 minutes later :) Make sure I am out of the woods fist

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No problem. They will still be there when you are ready for them. Just let me know when you are ready for them and they are yours.

Starcon of Siege

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You been real quite, I hope all is well, our prayers are with you sir and your love ones.
Yep getting better by the day. Just being more vocal on Uhall than Siege boards. Spending most of my time on Legends cause I doubt I could escape and evade a 90 year old woman using a walker with my attention and reflexes as they are right now.