• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Upcoming article topics- Comments appreciated

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All right, the time has come to go back to our series on how to work skills into a Roleplayed character. Those that will be addressed next are: Imbueing, Item Identification, Anatomy and Tinkering.

Additionally we will be discussing topics of Herbs in game and in rp as well as Various healing techniques.

This is only a minor list of what we will be tackling in weeks to come. If you have something you would like to see addressed sooner by all means let's discuss it!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mm.

How about Treasure Hunting. (i.e. Turning an innocuous game mechanic into a storied adventure.)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a great idea and easy to tackle. Thank you! I will work that into articles.
On GL I've held treasure hunts as fundraising events for the cities, maps donated by a famous treasure hunter from GL. I believe I called it digging up pirate treasure, close to what it literally is in the official UO fiction.

On other shards I've played on, treasure hunting has been roleplayed as archaeology.

-Galen's player

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On other shards I've played on, treasure hunting has been roleplayed as archaeology.

-Galen's player
It's been used as a hide and seek game with a blue haired Loon on Baja as a way to play with the Demons and the Dragons. There's certainly enough avenues though for this skill and template to warrant an article unto itself.

M

Merci d'Rue

So I have had the hardest time figuring out all my passwords again, but now that I am back together you shall see items from me as well!