• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Up and coming new tamer patch

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure I'll get even more confused after this question with all this new tamer stuff that is coming.....

But can someone just give me a straight answer - Can you train your current pets that you have tamed before the patch?

Thanks
Trill

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only get the "Begin animal training" with fresh tames, not with my old ones?

Goapirat

Visitor
I only get the "Begin animal training" with fresh tames, not with my old ones?
No. It works also with old ones. Even with bonded pets.
I think u tried to train a pet that already uses 5/5 pet Slots.
I can train all my pets that have 1-4 pet slots. My Greater Dragons that use 5 pet slots cant be trained (old and new ones)

U can find the official Infos here:
"Animal training is an advancement to the traditional pet skill training through which a pet has, in the past, gained its skills. The training can be undertaken with any tamed creature be it fresh tamed or ‘fully trained’, ie with skills at maximum. The exception being pets requiring 5 follower slots, these are considered to be already at the maximum power and therefore not eligible for Animal Training."

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which creatures? Pets that are already 5 slot cannot be trained, they are already at maximum power, although they will gain in parry skill.

@drcossack on test center we found the crazed mage, shame level 5, gave good gains.