• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UOEM] The people of Trinsic are on edge!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DAY 1 The people of Trinsic are on edge. An increase in animal population near the city walls speak to something terrible in the forest. The animals seem to be fleeing a nameless fear. Something is making them flee the forest they once called home.

DAY 2 The influx of animals from the forest against the walls had the Trinsic guard on edge. Not simply the guard, but the captains as well. Information was being tightly controlled as a matter of ceremony, not that there was any information to be had. All anyone knew was the animals were afraid, and they were fleeing the forest away from one predator and toward another.

What would cause prey to prefer one predator over another?

Then something happened that nearly broke the panic. The guards on the wall felt it first, a slow rumbling that started off as a whisper. Then the trees started moving in a line toward the city gates. Something was coming, and it was big.

From the forest came a massive being of unimaginable strength, it stopped on the road at the entrance to the city and went no farther. The city guard and captains simply stood and watched, too afraid to act.

The city fathers of Trinsic request that all comers please meet at the entrance to Trinsic Trammel this evening at 7pm EST to approach this being and ascertain his intent.

T

The_Traveler

Running a faster and more powerful computer than I was when the EM program launched a few years ago.
Less players on the shard than when the EM program launched a few years ago.
Why is the lag just as bad if not worse than when the EM program launched a few years ago?

T

Tazar

The speed of the computer might not be the slowest component... possibly the router, modem, or even your internet connection speed might be the part slowing things down.

Despite a lower population on the shard - there was a very good turnout last night.

C

Caldwin_DDP

The Lag was incredible and my machine crashed twice!

With the large number of corpses on the ground CTRL + Shift failed to reveal all the corpses and items on the ground.

There seemed to be a good many folk that found it less than enjoyable, though it was no fault of our new moderator.

T

Tazar

Given the larger population size on Atlantic - I wonder if splitting the event(s) might be helpful.

I do not mean duplicating it and running it twice (folks will go to both hoping for more rewards).

I mean having the event run with two possible paths and the players having to choose between the two - like invading Trinsic and Vesper at the same time with forces split to protect both. I admit this would be very hard for a single EM to implement - but splitting up the crowd onto two different servers should greatly reduce the lag at mass-combat events...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Given the larger population size on Atlantic - I wonder if splitting the event(s) might be helpful.

I do not mean duplicating it and running it twice (folks will go to both hoping for more rewards).

I mean having the event run with two possible paths and the players having to choose between the two - like invading Trinsic and Vesper at the same time with forces split to protect both. I admit this would be very hard for a single EM to implement - but splitting up the crowd onto two different servers should greatly reduce the lag at mass-combat events...
:thumbup:

T

The_Traveler

The speed of the computer might not be the slowest component... possibly the router, modem, or even your internet connection speed might be the part slowing things down.

Despite a lower population on the shard - there was a very good turnout last night.
I'll check on that. Thank you.