• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

K

Kiwillian

Re: UOCartographer beta, now available! (new UOAM)

Still can't get it working for me =/

Any advice?
Manually check that what it is pointing to in the options is actually where your client files are. Also, if you are using 2D make sure you haven't checked the Use EC option.

It sounds like it can't make the maps for some reason which means it's failing to find the client data.

edit: Another thing you could try if you've had UOAM working in the past is to run UOAM and check where it is pointing and see if it is the same. Make sure you close UOAM afterward though.

A

altarego

http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging
UOCartographer Position Log

Extract it to anywhere in the skin you're using, and it will work. I'll add a readme to it later, and let the full skin authors know they can include it if they want.

One thing I noticed when creating this... if the pos.log file exists, but is empty, UOCartographer crashes. You might want to add some checks around the reading of that file and gracefully handle failures ;)
Works seamlessly in Copper_Enhanced.

A

altarego

Still can't get it working for me =/

Any advice?
I had the exact same problem. It seemed as though the 4th or 5th time I tried to map the facets it suddenly started working, though I'm not sure what I did differently. Which client are you using?

M

Mitzlplik_SP

:D
Wont work for me =(

Installed as admin, set it to always run as admin, and even though it's pointed at both of my UO dir's it keeps giving me

"Cannot locate all maps.
Press OK to generate missing map files. This may take some time.
If you are currently running UOAM, please close it before continuing."

I click OK

Error!!

"Can't locate facet map. Ensure the path to the client is set correctly."

Then I go to options, set it to the same file it already says, and then it restarts and the whole process begins anew.

=(
I had the exact problem and it was the wrong path. I had 9th anni on this comp and deleted it off last time I took a break from UO.When I came back I just DL`d the 2d client and even though it was called the same thing,it WAS in a different path. Also had to change it for UOAM to work. Don`t just assume its the same path as what ya see and enter the exact same one.Dig around in program files and find the other one...the one that works. Hope that helps.

K

Kiwillian

I had the exact same problem. It seemed as though the 4th or 5th time I tried to map the facets it suddenly started working, though I'm not sure what I did differently. Which client are you using?
Well, that's odd. Maybe something was locking the files so UOC couldn't open them... The UO Client may do that if it's running, or maybe an antivirus program tries to scan the client map files (which can be pretty big) when UOC attempts to read them....

A

altarego

Well, that's odd. Maybe something was locking the files so UOC couldn't open them... The UO Client may do that if it's running, or maybe an antivirus program tries to scan the client map files (which can be pretty big) when UOC attempts to read them....
You mean I wasn't supposed to be running the EC while scanning for maps? Oh dear, you didn't specify that in your guide... In fact, I thought the opposite: that the maps had to be loaded into a running client before they could be scanned by the cartographer.

K

Kiwillian

You mean I wasn't supposed to be running the EC while scanning for maps? Oh dear, you didn't specify that in your guide... In fact, I thought the opposite: that the maps had to be loaded into a running client before they could be scanned by the cartographer.
It doesn't usually matter. But with PCs the way they are anything is possible =/

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i got this
Run it under admin permissions.

For Kiwillian:

put this into the nsis script:
;--------------------------------
;General
RequestExecutionLevel admin

then you have no problem with vista and windows 7 users.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So...This is real and "legal?"

Seriously?

-Galen's player

K

Kiwillian

Run it under admin permissions.

For Kiwillian:

put this into the nsis script:
;--------------------------------
;General
RequestExecutionLevel admin

then you have no problem with vista and windows 7 users.
The only problem with that is that the desktop shortcut is created for the wrong user :(

I hate Vista so much :rant2:

K

KoolAidAddict

I awake now, kinda :) Lemme try and catch up quickly.

MissingMethod exception: If you get this try and update your .Net 2.0 either via Windows Update or by downloading the service pack(s) from MS.
SP 3 installed on XP Pro.
Net 3.0 also installed as well as 2.0.
Still same error message.
Guess Im outta luck.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes and Yes.

Yes.

:)
In a strange way, this goes some distance toward restoring optimism in me that had been engendered by the Stygian Abyss expansion and the Warriors of Destiny plotline, but had been wrecked by the layoffs (in particular but not exclusively the loss of Draconi).

You not only put together a program for your fellow players (I'm assuming you had a team helping you as well), but took the time to make sure it would fit the rules of the game.

The fact that that amount of dedication exists is both staggering and encouraging.

-Galen's player

K

Kiwillian

SP 3 installed on XP Pro.
Net 3.0 also installed as well as 2.0.
Still same error message.
Guess Im outta luck.
Is .Net 2.0 at SP1? I did google this and the answer seemed to be updating .Net 2.0 to SP1 (or better if there is one). It may be a separate SP from the XP SP3 thing.

K

Kiwillian

In a strange way, this goes some distance toward restoring optimism in me that had been engendered by the Stygian Abyss expansion and the Warriors of Destiny plotline, but had been wrecked by the layoffs (in particular but not exclusively the loss of Draconi).

You not only put together a program for your fellow players (I'm assuming you had a team helping you as well), but took the time to make sure it would fit the rules of the game.

The fact that that amount of dedication exists is both staggering and encouraging.

-Galen's player
Thanks. Also, it's just me that made this. No team :) I started working on it around the time SA was in beta I think, maybe a bit before then, so it has been several months.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For the tracking thing you can right click on the map and choose Set Destination and you'll get a little arrow on the map. Use the same menu item to clear it. You can do the same thing via the Find window by ticking the Track box.
That feature is only useful if you know where you are going.

The ability to enter in lat & long is the preferred way to find locations, and would be a great addition to your program!

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:D

I had the exact problem and it was the wrong path. I had 9th anni on this comp and deleted it off last time I took a break from UO.When I came back I just DL`d the 2d client and even though it was called the same thing,it WAS in a different path. Also had to change it for UOAM to work. Don`t just assume its the same path as what ya see and enter the exact same one.Dig around in program files and find the other one...the one that works. Hope that helps.
I format my computer every couple of months. I don't have multiple UO folders. My UOAM is pointed at the same file. I am running it as admin. I ran it as admin when installing. I even re-DLed and reinstalled. I tried running it and installing it without admin (which I was sure wouldn't work, but I figured I might as well try anyways). My "Use EC Client" option is not checked. It's just doing the same thing over & over again =/

K

Kiwillian

I format my computer every couple of months. I don't have multiple UO folders. My UOAM is pointed at the same file. I am running it as admin. I ran it as admin when installing. I even re-DLed and reinstalled. I tried running it and installing it without admin (which I was sure wouldn't work, but I figured I might as well try anyways). My "Use EC Client" option is not checked. It's just doing the same thing over & over again =/
Try shutting down UO and everything UO related then run UOC. If that still doesn't work you could maybe try disabling any antivirus and trying again.

It certainly sounds like it is having a problem reading the client files.

If you look in "My Documents\UOCartographer" are there any facet files in there at all?

edit: If all that fails, let me know and I'll see if I can upload my maps for you to use for now.

L

Lord Drakelord

I hope you are editing your first posting on this thread to show all that we have read in seven pages. I been sending my guildmates here to get this, we so have missed not having something like UOAM in Ter Mur. Again thank you for your hard work here.

K

Kiwillian

Yes, I will probably edit in some of the more common problems.

In Flames: if you still have trouble, re-download it again and re-install it. This should be 0.9.6.2 and will pop a message box up if it can't find the map data. Hopefully it will help us track down the problem.

This version also has a better icon for t-map locations (it's a much smaller pile of gold :) ), so anyone grab it if that was an issue.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Working as advertised, loving it! Runs smoother than UOAM!

Can't wait for the next version :D

To show my appreciation, here comes my first request for future enhancements! -

1) A show/hide label toggle for different .map files (or alternatively for different categories). I sometimes want to see where my custom markers are without the labels for other stuff clustering the map

2) An ability to delete/edit markers within UOC itself (I think you already are planning to do this). I'm editing the map file in notepad atm.

3) Snap to edge of windows desktop

4) Resize the map when going into borderless mode so that the map enlarges to takes up the space of the borders. Makes it easier for me to resize the borderless map to fit the bottom right of my UO big window. (probably more work that the above 3 since you need UOC to read the windows settings first)

Or alternatively, an ability to resize the borderless map (but I'm not sure if this is possible).

Edit: Just wanted to say great job again!
Edit 2: Wife says thank you too! She keeps getting lost in the abyss :D

S

Sevin0oo0

I guess I missed the officially stated response somewhere that verified this...

>While this program is currently not officially or publically endorsed or approved by EA/Mythic, you are free to use it without repercussion.

K

Kiwillian

That's because there isn't one. Yet.

How long do you think this thread would have lasted if I claimed that without it being true?

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Quick question, do you have to use UO assist for this to work correctly?

K

Kiwillian

With the 2D client, yes.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thankyouthankyouthankyou, Kiwillian! This is the perfect replacement for UOAM!

:party:

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available!

it keeps changing the land to trammel when im in malas.. if you change it back to malas it shows the correct location but when i walk it goes back to tramel
I have had this happen to me at start-up as well. Just change servers (I normally just gate to another land and back). That has always cleared that up for me.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you for not only making this, but sharing it with everyone!

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Try shutting down UO and everything UO related then run UOC. If that still doesn't work you could maybe try disabling any antivirus and trying again.

It certainly sounds like it is having a problem reading the client files.

If you look in "My Documents\UOCartographer" are there any facet files in there at all?

edit: If all that fails, let me know and I'll see if I can upload my maps for you to use for now.
Tried it without UO running. No good.

The only file in the UOCart folder in My Docs is the options XML.

And no luck without Microsoft Security Essentials running.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Worked all fine for me, only thing i found out is, is there no disconnect button. I think a forgotten feature, if iam connected, it should be possible to disconnect again.

Great work so far, hope you will not stop your support, thanks for this great programm!

D

Der Rock

need some explaining :) , i never used UOAM

1. this prog is in semi uopro status right ? (so using it dont bring us in trouble)

2.what does it mean in the options : server, password ( what is it for)

3.can someone explain what features this map have,i mean what is possible to do ?

4.does it mean we dont need the uomap / atlas anymore ?

it would be nice to get as much information as possible, before i tell my uo friends about this prog.

thx.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I tried using it... it says it ahs to generate the maps, works, stops responding, then switches to a "there seems to be a problem window" that says this:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at #=qgKXsSKgvF7Gyp1PC_OZrrAEmWCiKOmEjQMYo$1I26sA=.#=qKDvxz4_3ge7NafS3Sqysng==(String #=qisFYXXcezgUMayFF2F4Kuw==)
at #=qgKXsSKgvF7Gyp1PC_OZrrAEmWCiKOmEjQMYo$1I26sA=.#=qQkbsUV$q6or$zypy1Jklew==()
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=..ctor()
at #=qYbb_ieysp4fSJhS47dQc9CoSEchsVwiliqycu$PD$lc=.#=qdfz2MjgboLl2CADXcOf0Pg==()

Then I uninstalled and deleted everything and reinstalled, and it worked right away.. wth..

*Edit* It seems this is caused by trying to use my Personal.map file with the new program.

Anyway, right away i have complaints/suggestions... when you set the map to tilt it becomes "fuzzy", as if it was rotated in an image editing program. Its relatively annoying as the clients have never done this, and neither has UOAM.

Also when you move it tilted like that (or sometimes when zoomed in or out), it flickers and deforms like textures in the EC; something that many people don't like, myself included. UOAM could get around it, so this should be able to as well.

And why is the "100%" zoom for the map smaller than the 100% zoom for UOAM or the clients when the map is tilted? Your program's 150% is closer to what 100% should be, but still somewhat larger (remember, 100% at tilted should be a mirror of the clent's own radar map).

Fix those and maybe i'll use it, but until then I can't.

Less important, your Ter Mur map markers are wrong in a several places, and the Trammel ones need to be updated for New Haven.

Lastly, feature requests: house logging. Always loved that for UOAM. Would it even be possible to maybe get it to log custom house apeparances as well? I'm guessing the answer to that is a "no", but i'm hopeful.

And the option to remove the "You" text from over the player marker.

Unrelated to the new program, but noticed thanks to it... interestingly enough, it seems the Tomb of Kings is actually something i've been asking for for a long time, as there seems to be a test version of it on the Trammel map that synchs up with something else on the Fel one... am actually suprised I never noticed.

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Thanks for this map Kiwi, it took me ages to get it working but that's because I'm technically challenged. I played around with the marker (kept placing my houses way over to the left at first) and I've finally sussed it, great stuff!

The constructive suggestions from people are great, but please ignore complaints, there's always the odd one who doesn't know how to be gracious when they are helped.

Again, great job.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

hehe now we just need a Mono build for the Linux and Mac junkies...

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Has anyone tried running a server yet? Would be interested in any setup details.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If I add a Marker while standing in my Castle, will it place it properly on the Map? Also, once this marker is placed, can it be deleted or removed???

K

King Frankie

was a little happy to see this thread then i tested it and crashed... not so happy anymore.

S

Shalimar/Cleo

If I add a Marker while standing in my Castle, will it place it properly on the Map? Also, once this marker is placed, can it be deleted or removed???
The marker will place your house in the spot you right/left click it. I had been typing in the co-ords at the top of the map before and it was placing my houses to the left (in the wrong spots) so just make sure you're standing in the spot you want the marker to be.

You can delete a marker by going to the folder it's in (named USER.MAP) For me, that folder is in (Personal/Documents/UOCartographer) Just delete the marker you don't want and save, don't leave any blank spaces before saving.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Dernit,sorry all I could think of. Was my problem but I had multi`s. Don`t think I`ve formatted for years. Hope ya get er fixed!

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Has anyone tried running a server yet? Would be interested in any setup details.
I have with zero results. I`m assuming its because of my router but I`m clueless when it comes to opening ports. I tried connecting to myself thru another PC in the house with no luck. Also had a couple RL friends try to get it working while we were on vent to no avail. I`m just waiting for the masses to figure it out and pass along pertinent info about it.

I followed instructions on the first page to a T, so IMO I hafta guess it`s because I`m on a network and I`m not proficient in anything network related. Aside from sliding in a CD and hitting Next thru setup.:D

I

IMTHEWHITERABBIT

Where do you find the option to start server. I see where to connect to server under options, but nothing to start one

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dernit,sorry all I could think of. Was my problem but I had multi`s. Don`t think I`ve formatted for years. Hope ya get er fixed!
Hehe, I'm not actually all that worried about actually getting it running for myself. I only play UO enough to justify the monthly payment. I'm more worried about the people that will need it and run into the same issue that mine is having.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Please take Crysta's "complaints/suggestions" with a grain of salt and look at them constructively. He's got problems with phrasing things without coming off inconsiderate. He's probably got a few valid opportunities for improvement, but for some reason seems to feel that it's okay to badger you for not reaching perfection while still working on the program.

I'll thank you for your work so far on his behalf, and beg you to not take him at 100% face-value with his "suggestion technique."

K

Kiwillian

Hehe, I'm not actually all that worried about actually getting it running for myself. I only play UO enough to justify the monthly payment. I'm more worried about the people that will need it and run into the same issue that mine is having.
Did you try the updated version? It will tell you what it can't find (hopefully) which may help track it down.

S

SUPRsalad

I have been exploring uoc all morning, and so far, color me impressed.
I am going to attempt to setup a server on another computer later this evening, and if all goes well, my entire guild will be switching.

I've read both pages of this thread in its entirety, and I have ONE question that remains unanswered..

Q: How do I enable the 'advanced' options so i can shut the detail all the way down for faster performance. (i pvp, details and trees are unimportant to us)
also, id like to change the update speed. also, what is 'max GUI update range'?
sorry, that was actually about 2.5 questions...not one..

On behalf of the entire pacific pvp community, we thank you.
So far, this thing is a SOLID WIN! Two things, tho, neither of which are directed towards you, kiwi:

1. to the person complaining about 'fuzziness' when using tilt function on the EC client. Delete EC client, install 2d, and try again ;)

2. to everyone that asks questions that have already been asked, and subsequently answered: Read. Contrary to popular belief, it won't make you any dumber, and its actually a relatively painless process ;)

anyways, PLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

S

SUPRsalad

Sorry, I just heard a rumor that this is possibly UOAM server compatible?
i.e. We can use the same server we are using currently for UOAM for uoc??
sounds way too good to be true to me.. shut me down please?