• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available! (new UOAM)

Love it!! Installed and ran w/o any problems with Win 7

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Well crap,was going to get this on my other comp so I could get to know the server/connect thing and now I`m gettin this when I try to DL off the link:

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer author to obtain a new copy.

More info at:
http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

*Edit* FIXED Works like a charm.

:confused:

L

Lord Drakelord

You have to do that manually. Open the file User.Map with wordpad as described in the readme file:

Markers.
--------

UOC can load and display UOAM .MAP format files. Simply copy the ones you like to use into the UOC directory and they will automatically appear the next time you start UOC.

You can mouse over markers to show a pop-up description.

Markers can be added via the menu. The marker will be added at the point you right clicked to get the menu. Markers added will be placed in a file called USER.MAP in the UOC directory in UOAM format. This file can be edited, copied and renamed if you like to organise things.

Marker data files must end in .MAP to be loaded (case insensitive).

Currently, to delete a marker you must edit the .MAP file with notepad and remove the line that contains the marker you wish to delete. Don't leave any blank lines in the file when doing this!
ok another question when you place a marker where does it put in in the UOC files? I been looking for that marker I placed on my wife's place but have not been able to locate it.

Also I did bring over the UOAM t map locations, but now I see these piles of gold at t map locations, is it possible to change the icon for treasure to a little point of light, something that does not cover such a huge area on the map locations.

K

Kiwillian

Thanks everyone. I had to sleep a bit and need to go back to bed too - lol. I'll look into the treasure map icon. I thought this was changed already, but I guess not.

I wasn't planning on adding a chat function at this time.

With the EC, once you copy the Lua file, restart the EC. Make sure you copy it to your current skin directory. If you are using a custom skin and it fails, you may need to talk to the skin maker. If you don't, you need to create the directory "Default" under "User Interface" etc (see the ReadMe for more info).

K

Kiwillian

Oh and housing: UOAssist is currently broken so I can't do this at the mo. I have tried contacting tugsoft about it but never heard anything back :( Also not sure how to do it with the EC either.

K

KoolAidAddict

Lucky me!!

Error says:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=.#=qNb4Venb7P_oDlSkLjfcXtA==()
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=.#=qV9Bh97sfxtBxZEkVg16ezErIHb2IUQ71LvP1_yYk_U8=()
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=..ctor()
at #=qYbb_ieysp4fSJhS47dQc9CoSEchsVwiliqycu$PD$lc=.#=qdfz2MjgboLl2CADXcOf0Pg==()

Will go re-download and try again.

S

shadowsride

:thumbup: Awsome Dude! Im thrilled with it just the way it is. Im sure there will be bugs & updates along the way, as with anything. You have done an outstanding job & I congratulate you and thank you for all your effort & hard work. Sleep now, may you rest and be refreshed. :sleep2:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I found a bug:
if I log in on ter-mur, the map show my position on trammel and if I change the map manually the map still bring me to trammel at each step...
However, if I shall recall in trammel and then back to ter-mur the problem is solved till next login...

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice! I just gave it a real quick "install and run around my area" test and it worked. I'll try to give it more of a workout later today.
Don't stop, I like it!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco - Are you running UO Assist? If not, give that a try. I know the map obtains and tracks your location from UOA. There is a 2 week trial for UOA where you can use it for free and if you do not wish to purchase after that, just use it to log in and to help UO Cartographer track your location.

M

mr crabs

With the EC, once you copy the Lua file, restart the EC. Make sure you copy it to your current skin directory. If you are using a custom skin and it fails, you may need to talk to the skin maker. If you don't, you need to create the directory "Default" under "User Interface" etc (see the ReadMe for more info).[/QUOTE]

ok did just as u stated created a direct.called defalt1 under user intertface
and added the stuff from the defalt zip folder that was already there and then added the lua file and it still will not track my movements still showes me in britt castle thron room.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

With the EC, once you copy the Lua file, restart the EC. Make sure you copy it to your current skin directory. If you are using a custom skin and it fails, you may need to talk to the skin maker. If you don't, you need to create the directory "Default" under "User Interface" etc (see the ReadMe for more info).

ok did just as u stated created a direct.called defalt1 under user intertface
and added the stuff from the defalt zip folder that was already there and then added the lua file and it still will not track my movements still showes me in britt castle thron room.[/QUOTE]

mine to I have it working in the cc but just shows throne room in EC

M

mr crabs

yep same problem here storm i just pached the cc (been kinda lazy dont use it much) and it all loaded just fine and is tracking and all just haven the problem in ec always shows the britt throne room and wont track

Geoffrey Blake

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Haven still seems to be a bit messed up. I think the labels are just really out of date.

Apart from that, very impressive!

I did have a problem installing on Vista, but it worked fine when i ran the install program as administrator.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco - Are you running UO Assist? If not, give that a try. I know the map obtains and tracks your location from UOA. There is a 2 week trial for UOA where you can use it for free and if you do not wish to purchase after that, just use it to log in and to help UO Cartographer track your location.
yes, I'm using it, but it seems a problem only on login after a recall all is right ...:confused:

R

Rudolph57

ok another question when you place a marker where does it put in in the UOC files? I been looking for that marker I placed on my wife's place but have not been able to locate it.

Also I did bring over the UOAM t map locations, but now I see these piles of gold at t map locations, is it possible to change the icon for treasure to a little point of light, something that does not cover such a huge area on the map locations.
When you place a marker through the options menu, the marker will be placed in a file called user.map. I did not find that file in my UOC directory, but through the search function I found it in C\users\...\MyDocuments.

The second question can only be answered by the designer, Kiwillian.

L

Lord Drakelord

When you place a marker through the options menu, the marker will be placed in a file called user.map. I did not find that file in my UOC directory, but through the search function I found it in C\users\...\MyDocuments.

The second question can only be answered by the designer, Kiwillian.
thanks! I found it and edit location

E

Eyes of Origin

:ten: I'm loving it! Awesome job :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

nice screen shots drakelord now if i could just get enhanced to track me!

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I get a ERROR I downloaded it 2x and got error both times

ERROR opening for writing

nsis_intall log

click to try again

I licked try again 500 time no luck what gives?

L

Lord Drakelord

nsis_intall log

click to try again

save the file and then run it as admin. Let it run it course to add maps and then you should have no problems after.

J

Jasonleebeck

nsis_intall log

click to try again

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer author to obtain a new copy.

More info at:
http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

*Edit* FIXED Works like a charm.
Mitzlplik_LS's post 2 screens above.

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wont work for me =(

Installed as admin, set it to always run as admin, and even though it's pointed at both of my UO dir's it keeps giving me

"Cannot locate all maps.
Press OK to generate missing map files. This may take some time.
If you are currently running UOAM, please close it before continuing."

I click OK

Error!!

"Can't locate facet map. Ensure the path to the client is set correctly."

Then I go to options, set it to the same file it already says, and then it restarts and the whole process begins anew.

=(

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Spree - Sounds like the installer is borked. I had that same issue the other day and Kiwi was able to fix it. He lives in NZ, so there's a huge time difference. He should be around sometime this evening/tonight.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Great work Kiwillian. Thx alot for doing this all for us.
I had no problem installing it and so far everything works fine.

One question: Is there an option that I can drop a mark in an area and get the direction I have to go over my head like normal speech? I think UOAM had something like that and I liked.
But it's nothing I really need. The tool is just great as it is now :)

K

Kiwillian

I awake now, kinda :) Lemme try and catch up quickly.

MissingMethod exception: If you get this try and update your .Net 2.0 either via Windows Update or by downloading the service pack(s) from MS.

EC tracking: I use the EC myself, so I know it works :) If you make a directory and put everything in it make sure you restart EC and choose the directory as your skin.

Installer Problems: As said, running the installer as admin on vista/7 should help. Don't run UOC itself as admin though or it will have problems talking to UOAssist.

M

mugmug

Inside all the map panels it just dark for me? I will show like icons of stuff just not the land or me? What can i do to change this

K

Kiwillian

Inside all the map panels it just dark for me? I will show like icons of stuff just not the land or me? What can i do to change this
Double and triple check the client paths are correct. Manually verify that the client actually lives where it is pointing as it is possible to have multiple older 2D clients in different places over the years.

If that's not it, make sure you are running UOAssist (launch 2D via UOA) and don't run UOC as admin.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi Kiwillian,

Looks great! When you have the main site ready, let me know please... I'd be happy to add it to the UltimaXbar.

K

Kiwillian

You have to edit it manually in notepad at present. It's User.map in the My Documents\UOCartographer dir.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In the EC you will need to copy MapWindow.lua from the installation directory to your <EC path>/User Interface/<skin name>/Source/ directory. There are more details in the ReadMe.txt file.
Are you Ok with me creating and distributing a mod that creates the needed pos.log file under the Modders Exchange terms (See "What you can do with Add-ons": http://uo.modders-exchange.net/)?

The way you're currently doing it is at high risk for having conflicts with future mods or EA changes.

K

Kiwillian

Are you Ok with me creating and distributing a mod that creates the needed pos.log file under the Modders Exchange terms (See "What you can do with Add-ons": http://uo.modders-exchange.net/)?

The way you're currently doing it is at high risk for having conflicts with future mods or EA changes.
Yes, please do! That would be excellent! :) If you know of a better place to put the code so that it gets updated nicely, feel free to try it.

K

kokopelli

Works nicely so far.
Could we get a spec of the protocol you are using to communicate between client and server?
This thingy needs a dedicated linux server asap...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got mine working by installed and running as admin

K

Kiwillian

I got mine working by installed and running as admin
Good to hear! You shouldn't need to run UOC itself as admin, but if it works that's ok.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, please do! That would be excellent! :) If you know of a better place to put the code so that it gets updated nicely, feel free to try it.
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging
UOCartographer Position Log

Extract it to anywhere in the skin you're using, and it will work. I'll add a readme to it later, and let the full skin authors know they can include it if they want.

One thing I noticed when creating this... if the pos.log file exists, but is empty, UOCartographer crashes. You might want to add some checks around the reading of that file and gracefully handle failures ;)

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

nsis_intall log

click to try again

same for me :(

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good to hear! You shouldn't need to run UOC itself as admin, but if it works that's ok.
When I ran it normal it would not track player as admin it tracked player

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanx Kwillian....

Not only do I appreciate your efforts on the program, it is greatly appreciated for your efforts in dealing with EA so no one gets banned.

Just a couple suggestions....
- You already mentioned changing the treasure locations to a different icon, that would be great.
- One thing that worked well in UOAM is you could drop a marker anywhere, by putting in the coordiantes, it would then draw a line to your location and tell you how many tiles you were away.
-- This worked really well for MIB coordinates
-- It also worked for finding that auction house out in the boonies, when your recall spot was blocked.

Tips for Vista Users or this is how I got mine to run correctly.
- Download and *save* the .exe file
- Go to where you save the file and *right* click on it
-- choose properties and goto compatibility tab, then click box for run as administrator
- Double click exe file to start it, it should start the installer and install everything.
- Once the desktop icon has been created, highlight and *right* click on it
-- choose properties, combabtibility tab and then click the box for run as administrator (just like you did before for the other file)
- Find the UOAM map files (mine was c:\program files (x86)\UOAM)
- Copy the Atlas.Map, Dungeon.map, Common.Map files and put them in the UOC directory.
- Start UOC and give the files a bit to update.

There might be other / better ways to accomplish the same thing. It's just how I got mine to work properly

Hope that helps,
Q

K

Kiwillian

For the tracking thing you can right click on the map and choose Set Destination and you'll get a little arrow on the map. Use the same menu item to clear it. You can do the same thing via the Find window by ticking the Track box.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

There is a seperate server program so you can get everyone together. To use this have someone run the server, pick a port from the options window (address does nothing) and make sure they open it on their router/firewall (UDP port 11000 is the default, or should be). You can choose to use a global password like UOAM or per user accounts. Global password is probably the easiest for now. Your friends can now connect by going to the options window and entering the IP and port of the server, choosing a username and entering the password. Checking "Show Status" will add a little red/green indicator to the UI so you can see if you are connected or not. Then pick "Connect" from the right-click menu to connect.
Maybe im missing it but where can I DL the program to run a server?

K

Kiwillian

It comes with it. It should be in the start menu.

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Still can't get it working for me =/

Any advice?