• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok Basara or whoever this may be a stupid ? but i started to download uoassist my background went black my uo log on screen was age of shadows and a box came up wanting info like how many regeants i have in my pack. It just seemed to weird. So i unistalled it. My ? is 1) Was that normal. 2) Is there a way i can bypass uoassist. 3) If there is a way can u talk me thru it. At this point everything works on uocart except coordiance and showing where my character is. I am using Vista 2d client.
1) Yes that was normal. Just take a deep breath and follow the instructions slowly and carefully. However if you haven't bought a key most of that functionality wouldn't be working.

2) Not if you want to use the classic client, however, if you use the enhanced client you do need a mod, but it's free. And honestly, if you are just starting to play the game, or even picking it up again after being away a long time, you should be using the enhanced client, it is a better client, and you don't have to buy a third party app to get decent functionality.

If someone told you you should be using the classic client, they gave you bad advice. The only reason not to use the enhanced client is if your computer is old and unable to handle any 3D games released in the past three or four years.

3) Once you've decided which client you are going to use, I will give you more explicit instructions for either if I can, although with UO Assist pretty much all you need to do after you've installed it is start UO Assist (not UO itself) to start the game.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Specifically, the reason it asked about the reagents is that some of the options of UOAssist are to display a running count of your magery regs, necro regs and chivalry tithing, in the top bar of your game window. It has to count the reagents to be able to do that properly.

It's not used that much in these days of 100% LRC suits, but it's a nice function - especially for alchemists.

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I have been playing uo for 10 yrs. I am kind of set in my ways and I like my backpack not the hot bar. I never liked it on EQ2 when i tried it so i know i wouldnot like it in uo. However, if hotbar in not required in EC client i am willing to change to it. Not really pc literate although learning so how do i change to ec client and what do i need to download for ec client cart. Pc is vista home version 2008 so can handle anything u throw at me LOL.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hi, I have been playing uo for 10 yrs. I am kind of set in my ways and I like my backpack not the hot bar. I never liked it on EQ2 when i tried it so i know i wouldnot like it in uo. However, if hotbar in not required in EC client i am willing to change to it. Not really pc literate although learning so how do i change to ec client and what do i need to download for ec client cart. Pc is vista home version 2008 so can handle anything u throw at me LOL.
There are just so many things that you can do with the EC that you can't do with the CC, especially if you don't have a registered copy of UO Assist for your account. You can have a legacy back pack if you like in the EC. I use both the legacy and the enhanced modes and switch between them depending on what I am doing.

As for the hotbars, you can use them just like you use icons in the CC, that's what I do essentially, only you can do a lot more with them than you can with the icons in the CC. But you will have to give yourself some time, and I mean weeks and months, not days, to get used to the EC, so unless you are willing to do that, you probably should stick with the CC.

You can download the EC at www.uo.com. You just download it and double click the file to install it.

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanna thank all who responded and helped me out. I am in your debt. I loaded ec, uoassist, and kept cc, Now everything works except my coordinates and treasure map markers. Have no idea why but I am tired lol. Thank u all again for putting up with. Not promising I won't be back tho.:):):)

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. i am unable to connect to uoc i get this error after like 5 to 6 times of tryen to connect. the map works fine but will no let me connect so i can play wiht other people. i have posted this many times an have not gotten a reply if anyone knows anything about this pl;z help me:{{:(

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my uo cartographer won't show names of any locations or anything, it just shows the terrain, how can i fix this?

Y

Yalp

I can't get it to work either. I've download, uninstalled, checked the path, rebuilt the map files, run it as administrator, run it as non-administrator, downloaded it as administrator, downloaded as non-administrator. Still has black screen for me... phooie.. I'm done with it

B

BlueAngelTC

Hi, I was trying to use this tool however I get this error at every startup:
Code:
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Comic Sans MS' does not support style 'Regular'.
   at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
   at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
   at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
   at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style)
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
   at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()
I have Windows 7 32bit, .NET 4.0. It's strange it talk about the Comic font but I have that font.

B

BlueAngelTC

What does it mean? How should I activate .NET 3?
This is strange, anyway, since many other .NET programs work, and I'm sure I have some which need 2.0.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What does it mean? How should I activate .NET 3?
Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off

Make sure that "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1" is enabled (there are two options under that heading that don't need to be checked).

Also make sure you have installed all available .NET updates from Microsoft Update.

J

Juno

Finally got UOC to work but there are no names only terrain......I would like areas markes such as fel spawn areas and things like that. Anyone else have this prob? And if so is there any solution?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Finally got UOC to work but there are no names only terrain......I would like areas markes such as fel spawn areas and things like that. Anyone else have this prob? And if so is there any solution?
If you start reading from the top of the thread information on adding labels to the map has been posted near the top of the thread (in the first few pages).

O

Old Man of UO

I wish someone would post a guide on how to install and use UOCartographer, especially setting up a server. That would answer most of the questions posted here.

S

Schizzato

Hi to all.
I have a question.
How i can tracking my pg in the centre of the map?

O

Onis

Hello...
I still have trouble to get it to work...
I worked and read me to all this sides... did make all the updates and stuff i need.. reinstalled it few times and so on...
but i do still get this error message soon as i try to start it...

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

My Computer have AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor
and i run xp prof with SP2

Any ideas?

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Onis,
My Computer have AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor
and i run xp prof with SP2

Any ideas?
Go to Windows Update and upgrade to Service Pack 3, reboot, back to Windows Update and get all the latest updates for SP3... especially the latest version of .NET Framework (the one for SP3).

Hope that helps.

K

kujo806

Please help! I get the same error that others have gotten:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#= qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#= qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..c tor()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#= qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

I have installed every .net download I could find from 1.1 to 4. I fully updated my windows xp to SP3 with all the automatic updates. In fact, this is the most updated my computer has ever been :). I still get the error when I try to load. This is very frustrating considering I need this to do T hunting now. Can anyone give me more specific instructions on how they fixed this problem aside from update my .net framework or windows.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You did reinstall UOC AFTER you did all the updates correct? (Easy mistake to not do) I know I had not and after rebooting from updates had same error msg, I uninstalled UOC & re-installed UOC & it worked fine.

Ps you do have UOA installed correct ? Good luck

K

kujo806

Thanks for the reply. I did uninstall and reinstall after I did all the updating. I will try again when I get home from work, because I did notice when I shut down last night, Windows was installing more updates. I hope I can get this figured out. I really want to try the new T map system. For clarification though, if I loaded SP3 and told windows to automatically update everything, I should be good to go? I installed the various .net packages before the auto updates, but should that matter?

PS I do have uoassist.

O

Onis

doh...
I updated all.. have everything on latest actuall Version.. reinstalled UOC again... still get error message..

at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()

Now i really dont know what to do else...

PS thx for advice

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO cart needs an immediate update to track new boat movement, thanks !

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOCartographer is working fine. UOAssist is not updating the coordinates. When UOAssist updates, UOC should work again on boats.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure this has been answered but I don't have time to search all of these posts. Will there ever be house icons in UOC?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure this has been answered but I don't have time to search all of these posts. Will there ever be house icons in UOC?
The same thing that applies to boats applies to this. Its a problem with UOAssist, not with UOC.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available!

Are you using UOAssist? It should track you just fine. This has happened in the past though, but I thought I'd fixed it :(
so has this been fixed because im an old hand at uocart by now as i run a server for 30 people and guess who has to help everyone get on it? Anywysi have 2 guys one cc and one cc that cannot get the map to follow them. 2d is using assist of course. ec of course has the propper skin.

O

olduofan

Can some tell me if this is normal for UOC

I had been getting all black now its only half black and I still get the cannot find all maps thing been at it all day this is my 3rd time trying to get it to work...

Thanxs :confused:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its black because you're at serverline?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

so then thats normal for uoc at a server-line ?

uo auto-map doesn't do this
That's normal at the edge of the map - not server lines, the edge of the map. It will show you in your proper position when you "wrap" around, but it doesn't tile the way I guess UOAM does. It probably should.

H

Honest Aly

Having an issue with the server portion of this.

If you connect to the server and then exit the client without disconnecting first the following error shows up.

"Incorrect Initial Packet - dropping"

After that, it's spotty if a user can connect or if I'll just get a pile of "Incorrect Initial Packet - dropping" errors.

Eventually when I check my host server I'll just see a screen full of that message and nobody can connect.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies if this has been covered already; this is a very long thread!

Is it possible to have the serpent pillars show, as well as town labels? I know my way around reasonably well, but had to go back to UOAM to find serp pillar this morning. And I know a fair few people who are completely lost without the town labels!

O

Old Man of UO

Is it possible to have the serpent pillars show, as well as town labels? I know my way around reasonably well, but had to go back to UOAM to find serp pillar this morning. And I know a fair few people who are completely lost without the town labels!
Which client are you using? The pillars and many labels, including towns, are on my map using the EC and required mod. Not sure about using the CC.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

From the unofficial FAQ:
(http://vboards.stratics.com/1670284-post663.html)
Will UOAM .map files wok with UOC?
Yes, UOC can use the UOAM ".map" marker files and several are included. Simply copy the ones you like to use into the UOC directory and they will automatically appear the next time you start UOC.

You can mouse over markers to show a pop-up description.

Markers can be added via the menu. The marker will be added at the point you right clicked to get the menu. Markers added will be placed in a file called USER.MAP in the UOC directory in UOAM format. This file can be edited, copied and renamed if you like to organize things.

Marker data files must end in .MAP to be loaded (case insensitive).

Currently, to delete a marker you must edit the .MAP file with notepad and remove the line that contains the marker you wish to delete. Don't leave any blank lines in the file when doing this!
Hope that helps!

A

Aboo

I can get UOCartographer to work fine on my home computer. However, I can't get it to work on my laptop or my work computer. On my laptop it minimizes to my task bar and I don't get an option to maximize it, only to close it. I am on Windows 7 on my laptop.

At work I get the following error:

System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
I am on Windows XP Pro at work.

Any help in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can get UOCartographer to work fine on my home computer. However, I can't get it to work on my laptop or my work computer. On my laptop it minimizes to my task bar and I don't get an option to maximize it, only to close it. I am on Windows 7 on my laptop.

At work I get the following error:

System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
I am on Windows XP Pro at work.

Any help in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!
Aboo!

I assume you are using the Classic Client and UOAssist, is that correct?

For the Win 7 machine (I am running Win 7 Pro myself) I believe I had to run the UOC installer as admin as well as the application once it is installed. (Right+Click "Run as Admin")

The work error may be due to .NET Framework? You might try installing the most recent version on your work computer. This one is a little more tricky as I have not seen that particular error and it is only mentioned one other time in this entire thread.

Good Luck!

A

Aboo

Aboo!

I assume you are using the Classic Client and UOAssist, is that correct?

For the Win 7 machine (I am running Win 7 Pro myself) I believe I had to run the UOC installer as admin as well as the application once it is installed. (Right+Click "Run as Admin")

The work error may be due to .NET Framework? You might try installing the most recent version on your work computer. This one is a little more tricky as I have not seen that particular error and it is only mentioned one other time in this entire thread.

Good Luck!
Hi Sky,

Yes I am using the Classic Client with UOAssist on both machines.

I have uninstalled UO Cartographer and reinstalled it again and still get this message. I thought I had installed the most recent version. Is it the one in the very first post?

I will try installing it as admin on my laptop and see how that goes.

Thanks for your help!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Sky,

Yes I am using the Classic Client with UOAssist on both machines.

I have uninstalled UO Cartographer and reinstalled it again and still get this message. I thought I had installed the most recent version. Is it the one in the very first post?

I will try installing it as admin on my laptop and see how that goes.

Thanks for your help!
Hmmm... sounds like you have the correct version of UOC, but I wonder about the .NET Framework. Here is a section from the unofficial FAQ (http://vboards.stratics.com/1670284-post663.html) that talks about .NET as it pertains to other issues.

Which client will UOC work with and what is required for it to work properly?
UOC will work with the Classic Client (CC) and the Enhanced Client (EC). There are specific requirements for each:

For use with the Classic Client you will need to have at least the free trial version of UOAssist (Tugsoft, Inc.). This is required because UOC does not directly interact with the Classic Client and this is what makes it "legal" to use.

For use with the Enhanced Client you will need to copy the “MapWindow.lua” file from the UOC installation directory to EC source directory (/User Interface//Source/). There are more details in the UOC ReadMe.txt file.
You will also need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (or higher) installed to use UOC. Most people should have this installed already, but you can download it from the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...&stype=s_basic) or receive it via Windows Update. *Note the link is for the English version, but has a drop down box to change the language.

*Update: It has been discovered by multiple people that the earlier versions of the .net Framework need to be installed, fully updated. From what has been seen you can't just have the latest version installed, you need all the earlier versions installed as well.​

What do I do if the installer fails?

Try downloading the UOCSetup.exe file again (UOCartographer) and run it as administrator if you are on Vista/Win 7. This should be fixed as of update 0.9.6.3.

I received a MissingMethod exception. What do I do?

If you see this error message try and update your .Net 2.0 either via Windows Update or by downloading the service pack(s) directly from the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...&stype=s_basic). *Note the link is for the English version, but has a drop down box to change the language.

*Update: It has been discovered by multiple people that the earlier versions of the .net Framework need to be installed, fully updated. From what has been seen you can't just have the latest version installed, you need all the earlier versions installed as well.​

Also, are you getting the error message while installing UOC or trying to launch it? If while trying to launch check the UOC settings to be sure the path to your UO client is correct.

Keep us posted. Unfortunately it has been almost a year since the developer of UOC has responded to anyone.

A

Aboo

Hmmm... sounds like you have the correct version of UOC, but I wonder about the .NET Framework. Here is a section from the unofficial FAQ (http://vboards.stratics.com/1670284-post663.html) that talks about .NET as it pertains to other issues.

[/INDENT]

Also, are you getting the error message while installing UOC or trying to launch it? If while trying to launch check the UOC settings to be sure the path to your UO client is correct.

Keep us posted. Unfortunately it has been almost a year since the developer of UOC has responded to anyone.
I am getting the error when I try to run it from the desktop shortcut it provides.

I am terribly confused about the .NET thingy. I will read the info you posted and see if I can make sense of it and will keep you posted.

I was unable to check to see if running it as administrator worked on my laptop last night because I went with the grandkids to Haunt the Zoo. Maybe tonight. Will let you know about that too later.

Thanks Sky for all your help!

D

DeVil.DeMonde

Almost a year since an update, has the author abandoned the software or are there big things in it's future?