• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

JJMcClure

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im haveing problems when it tries to convert the maps. It eats up 300+ mb of ram the craps out with a system out of memory error. I cannot even get UOAM to run. This is a fresh install of win xp completely update with .net 3.5

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I do not understand, is WHY we cannot get a built-in Map thing (in UO clients that is) that has the functions players enjoyed from UOAM or UOCartographer.

I mean, why is it that UO needs players to develop things which help players play the game better ?

Can't it be Ultima Online that has them BY DEFAULT in the clients ?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can someone walk me through lining up my uo cart with my cleint? screen is balck keeps saying cant find facet map files or something.
thanks

SixUnder

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nm i found in the option tab where to direct them to.

still says cant find map 0, 1, 2, 3,4 etc..
map is black and have no options, any help?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nm i found in the option tab where to direct them to.

still says cant find map 0, 1, 2, 3,4 etc..
map is black and have no options, any help?

Taken from the UOC FAQ: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1670284&postcount=663

All I see is black in the UOC window?
Double and Triple check your client paths. Make sure you are setting the right one for the client you are using and that it actually exists at that location in windows. Also make sure that the Client selected in the menu is the one you are trying to use. If you are using the CC you can confirm the path in UOAssist and/or UOAM.
Hope it helps - which client are you using? What OS are you using?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok i got uo cart to load.

now it just shows me in trammel at lord brits castle.

iv tried to track myself, open close, track someone else then,me..

what could i be doing wrong?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even when i move my cursor just sits there where my name is and doesnt move

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are using UO Assist right? This is required for it to track you using the Classic Client. You do not need to use the paid version, the free/trial version of UOA will work just fine, but you MUST use it or it will never work.

From the FAQ:

Where may I download UOC?
You may download the latest UOCSetup.exe version from the following URL: http://uocartographer.com

After installing UOC and you run it for the first time it will build the maps. This may take a few minutes. If this fails for some reason, right click on the map window and choose Options and make sure the paths to the client and the client selection are correct. You may need to restart it if you do this.

After the maps have been built you should be good to go. In 2D/Classic you must be running UOAssist for it to track you. In the EC you will need to copy MapWindow.lua from the installation directory to your <EC path>/User Interface/<skin name>/Source/ directory. There are more details in the ReadMe.txt file.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k, bro i have done all that here is a pic see how im at location, 0 0S 0 0E

no matter what i do im there recal, move everything, dbl and triple checked paths..

here is pic of map

http:// 13.photobucket.com/albums/v429/ktylu/UO100812-233643-40.jpg

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i dont know what else i can show you from the map specs.

its located my C: drive which is setup as raid 5 configuration. i have 3 TB of space.

my uoa, uo, Stygian abyss all are at..

my EC path is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic

only thing is keep getting is

error!!
Can't Locate facet map. ensure the path to the client is set correctly.

the client in SA folder under properties when ya right click on it says C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic

all the map.mul files are in there, im working on it constantly.. its something so small im overlooking it i know

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hahahahahah

thanks to all that helped with this but i figured it out finally..

top of connection page when linking to a server there was a check mark in use the EC maps.. once i unmarked it.... boom fixed.

thank you all!

L

Lokida

Data Execution Prevention is keeping me from downloading this I've messed around with it to try and add it but simply can't seem to bypass this. Any suggestions?

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SixUnder, I wish that had worked for me. I'm using EC. I have also tried everything. And when I connect to my guild's server, I can see everyone else! But it shows me in Trammel (I am not, since I am on Siege) and it shows me at Brit Castle.

I have copied the .lua file into the unzipped, created "Default" folder in the proper SA path. I run UOC as Administrator. I have tried it with "Use EC Maps" checked and unchecked. When it is unchecked I get a black screen. When it is checked, it shows me at Brit Castle in Tram.

What else can I try?

O

Old Man of UO

Try using the Copper or Stone Enhanced mod. Works great for me.
Um, sorry. Don't know what you are talking about.
Hmmm... well, a Mod is a module that changes the basic user interface of the Enhanced Client - changes the look, can add timers, lots of other options.

Basic description can be found here
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31612
Installing a Mod:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31633

Downloading popular Mods
http://downloads.uo.modders-exchange.net/

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too use a "mod" with the Enhanced Client, Dermott's Stone Enhanced in fact. Like the requirement of UOA with the Classic Client the Enhanced Client requires the the use of the lua bit (as you have already figured out) to get UOC to function properly. I have found that using a mod ensures it works properly for me. If nothing else perhaps one of the modders could assist you in getting it to work without using a full mod?

Good luck!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Try using the Copper or Stone Enhanced mod. Works great for me.
To get Cartographer to work properly with the Enhanced Client you do need to install a mod. You can install it separately, but it also comes included with Copper/Stone Enhanced, Lucis Interface, and I would expect the legacy mod as well.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plug the box and screen in. Color match the keyboard and mouse to the spots on the back of the box. The screen and cable square peg and round hole so they go where they fit. Power On.

Those that care have said their peace and the rest of us would rather convert an electric car to deisel power then figure UOcart out

U

UOGAddict

I checked, and I didn't have the latest version. So I updated it to 4.0 and I"m still getting the same error.

I tried going through this thread to find answers but with so many posts it's hard to find an answer anywhere.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I checked, and I didn't have the latest version. So I updated it to 4.0 and I"m still getting the same error.

I tried going through this thread to find answers but with so many posts it's hard to find an answer anywhere.
I think the ones you need to make sure are up to date are 1, 2 and/or 3. Just make sure you've done all your .NET Framework Windows updates, and if you are in the habit of hiding updates that don't interest you, check all those as well and make sure you have them all.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Downloaded UOC last night to see if the latest version of it would run on my system. No joy.

I am running a fully updated XP Pro service pack 3 and using the CC with UOA. I tried it as Administrator. The pic is the error it gives.

UOCerror26aug10.JPG

Manually installed Netframework 1.1 & 2 from my hard drive which solved the problem above.

Following problem of the startup display appearing with a 4 or 5 line error window behind it was solved by manually installing Netframework 3.0, 3.5, & 4.0 from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/cc378097.aspx

UOC now starts and hangs updating fellucca map.

Back to skimming 770 odd posts.

Did a reset to give it a fresh start.

This time did not start UO CC first.

Started UOC & when it wanted to do the maps it started with the Tram map and went through the process fine. It's now running in the corner of the screen.

Now to see how it likes the CC & UOA. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Opened the UOC options window. checked the CC client selection and let the maps rebuild. Wound up with an all black map.

Re-opening the UOC options window, I found the client choices unchecked and left them that way. Doing a map rebuild brought back a normal map.

A

AND3R

Kwillian, i should have posted this long ago, but a fantastic job on the new cartographer, i have been using it since you released it.

I was quite concerned for the future of uo's navigation system when uoam went down, thankfully you were prepared and volunteered. For this I salute you!

I would like to address and issue i am having with connecting multiple players for guild use, and im not seeing many replys in regards to linking players togather.

Would you please add a section in this post detailing what to do for guilds that wish to connect up on the map please?!

Tyvm for your time and hard work!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kwillian, i should have posted this long ago, but a fantastic job on the new cartographer, i have been using it since you released it.

I was quite concerned for the future of uo's navigation system when uoam went down, thankfully you were prepared and volunteered. For this I salute you!

I would like to address and issue i am having with connecting multiple players for guild use, and im not seeing many replys in regards to linking players togather.

Would you please add a section in this post detailing what to do for guilds that wish to connect up on the map please?!

Tyvm for your time and hard work!
Alas Kiwi has been MIA most of this year. The only info we have on this subject (aside from other users experience and suggestions) is this:

Additional UOC Server Details
Here's a brief rundown for everyone:

You first need to set a port, just pick 11000 since this seems to work, or another number if you like (say between 2000 and 65000). Check the Global Password box and type in a password. This is the simple way to use it which we'll stick to for now.

If you want guildies to connect you'll need to forward the port on your router/modem. This varies from model to model. Forward the port you chose to the internal IP of the PC running the server. To find the internal IP, go Start->Run type cmd and hit OK then type ipconfig it should show up there. Probably something like 192.168.x.x. Forward the port to that address and choose UDP or ANY for the Protocol or Type.

Now find out what your external IP is. There are plenty of websites that will do this. Give this external IP, the port and the password to your guildies and get them to enter it in the UOC options and check "Show Status". Then they can choose "Connect" and the little light should go green! The person running the server should use the internal IP instead of the external one.
Source: http://vboards.stratics.com/1670284-post663.html

Hope that helps!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any way to make UOC use the house info from UOAM?

Why doesn’t UOC show player housing on the map like UOAM did?
UOAssist is currently broken so I can't do this at the moment. I have tried contacting tugsoft (the creator of UOAssist) about it but never heard anything back. Also not sure how to do it with the EC either.
source: http://vboards.stratics.com/1670284-post663.html

This may have been fixed in UOA by now (maybe not), but Kiwi has not made any updates or responses since the end of last year/beginning of this year.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thought id give this a try, loved UOAM back in the day and wanted to try this out.

Using EC on Win7 64bit

Installed fine as an admin.

When it tried to build maps i get this message:

Error!
Something had some of the client files locked!
Please close all UO related applications and restart UOC.

I have tried builign maps with UO running and with UO not running no luck anywhere.

Any suggestions?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available! (new UOAM)

nice screen shots drakelord now if i could just get enhanced to track me!
ok
little help here

been using this on a server for quite long time,

switched to new server, different IP and port and pass of course..

when i click connect it reverts to previous password.

reinstalled it twice now..

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK - I haven't exactly tested this, I don't know if it will work and I suggest you do it at your own risk....

Disclaimer ended.

There is a registry key for UOCartographer, you might try uninstalling the program, and then the deleting the key from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\UOCartographer 0.9 Then try reinstalling.

C

Calliope

Is there any way that UOCartographer can accommodate more than one server? I'm in guilds on different shards and Ventrilo allows me to change servers to suit, but I can't find how to do that in UOCart. Any help?

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Having issues, this might have been solved elsewhere but as there's pages of posts, I didn't take the time to look through it all. I'm sorry. =[
Okay, so. I've downloaded Cartographer. Check. The maps wouldn't load upon opening the program, so I went in and set compatibility mode and ran as administrator. Check. Reset the path to the folder where the maps are located. Check. Went into the options and hit rebuild and restarted. The maps have now loaded, but it doesn't seem to be following me. My screen is black with a corner of water when I'm standing in Luna bank. I am running in Windows 7. What am I doing wrong? =[

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Okay so, I found out my problem. I didn't realize UOA needed to be running. Now that I have it running, the maps are working and tracking. HOWEVER. Cartographer is stuck in Ilshenar no matter which facet I am in. Tried restarting the map, tried rebuilding maps, tried restarting Cart and UOAM. When connecting to server, I'm being tracked but it shows me in the other facets to other members as well. Any ideas on how to get it to switch facets?
Oh, and even when I manually switch, it just throws me back into Ilshenar. If I switch and restart map without moving, it will restart in whatever facet I selected.

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok i know this is probably gonna be easy for someone to help me, but here it goes. I am tryin to install the UOCartographer on my computer and i can download it and install it, but then i open it and it says there is no maps so I click ok to retreive the maps, and it says this may take a while. Then it goes to converting maps box. The i get an error box the box says,

ERROR!

I dont think I have UOAM installed anymore, I have been trying to figure this out for about three days now, HELP ME im going crazy.

Thanks in advanced

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok i know this is probably gonna be easy for someone to help me, but here it goes. I am tryin to install the UOCartographer on my computer and i can download it and install it, but then i open it and it says there is no maps so I click ok to retreive the maps, and it says this may take a while. Then it goes to converting maps box. The i get an error box the box says,

ERROR!

I dont think I have UOAM installed anymore, I have been trying to figure this out for about three days now, HELP ME im going crazy.

Thanks in advanced
By chance are you using Windows Vista or 7? If so trying running UOC in admin mode. (right click the icon you use to launch UOC and chose "run as administrator.") Let us know if that does the trick.

Good luck -

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok i tried to run as admin and it gave me the same message as before, its like it will go through a few maps and then it will stop and give me the error message i mentioned before, I am running windows vista home version on my PC. any other ideas?

Thank you again

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok here is a little closer details on what its doing to me, I open the program and it tells me cannot locate all maps, then click ok to generate the maps, i click ok and then it tells me that UOC client cannot find the client files, then i click ok and then it comes up
error
cannot find maps, make sure that the client pathes are correct,

anyone able to elaborate on this?
Thanks in advance:confused:

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the help I figured it out. I had to fix registry errors. I use uniblue for that. Works great. :)

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have multiple accounts. According to Tugsoft I have to have a key or seed for each account or they can accually ban my accounts. Will I be able to use the trial without getting in trouble. And if so is that just on one account or can i it on all my accounts.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have multiple accounts. According to Tugsoft I have to have a key or seed for each account or they can accually ban my accounts. Will I be able to use the trial without getting in trouble. And if so is that just on one account or can i it on all my accounts.
yes, and even an expired trial account is sufficient.

C

ChReuter

I'm no programmer, so maybe I'm off here but it seems to me that a lot of work was put into this lovely prog and for the developer to just up and forget about it just after release seems a bit odd to me. Basically what I'm getting at is I hope everything in his world is running smoothly. It just seems suspect to me.

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Basara or whoever this may be a stupid ? but i started to download uoassist my background went black my uo log on screen was age of shadows and a box came up wanting info like how many regeants i have in my pack. It just seemed to weird. So i unistalled it. My ? is 1) Was that normal. 2) Is there a way i can bypass uoassist. 3) If there is a way can u talk me thru it. At this point everything works on uocart except coordiance and showing where my character is. I am using Vista 2d client.