• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can anyone tell me the problem with this? I cant figure it out :(

Code:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
   at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()
Abit more info.

I have .Net Framework 4.0
Running Windows XP Pro 32bit
Do you also have the earlier versions of the .net Framework installed, and are they fully updated? From what I have seen you can't just have the latest version installed, you need all the earlier versions installed as well.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you also have the earlier versions of the .net Framework installed, and are they fully updated? From what I have seen you can't just have the latest version installed, you need all the earlier versions installed as well.
Yeah i found that out with a bit of fiddling around.

All fixed though :)

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah i found that out with a bit of fiddling around.

All fixed though :)
Thanks for the heads up guys! I have updated my UOC FAQ with this information. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1670284&postcount=663)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with the sad demise of automap (ie no longer plotting houses with UOA)

are there any plans, or can someone show me how to set uo Cartographer to show houses?

thanks

Jack

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with the sad demise of automap (ie no longer plotting houses with UOA)

are there any plans, or can someone show me how to set uo Cartographer to show houses?

thanks

Jack
UOAM and UOC gather house location data from UO Assist, which is not currently working. Until the developer of that program fixes it, house plotting is not available. =/

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UOAM and UOC gather house location data from UO Assist, which is not currently working. Until the developer of that program fixes it, house plotting is not available. =/
ah, thanks for info, will have to wait and see ;)

how do i set up uoc or will it automatically log houses?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah, thanks for info, will have to wait and see ;)

how do i set up uoc or will it automatically log houses?
It is my understanding that when/if UOAssist corrects the problem on their end the housing images should just start showing up. The problem is that it has been broken longer than UOC has been available so no one knows if it will work right out of the box.

Here's hoping!

S

Suh Henry

I am unable to get cartographer to work on my computer. Im running vista and windows 7. I continue to get the message about all the map files are not present. Can you please assist?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am unable to get cartographer to work on my computer. Im running vista and windows 7. I continue to get the message about all the map files are not present. Can you please assist?
That has been answered many times in many previous posts, you will just have to search a bit for it. I know it sucks but I think the OP is no longer around. He was going to start a new thread and update the FAQ with stuff like this at the begining of this year but it never happened and since he seems to be MIA, most likely never will. :(

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Run as administrator.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A Linux ded server would rock.
For a server that would be great, it would need to be compiled under MONO though, and that might take a few modifications first.

As for UOCart in general, it would possibly work under WINE if he had picked an earlier version of the .NET Framework to begin with... .NET 2.0 SP2 doesn't play well with WINE :-(

Argile_LS

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ello there

im having a few proberlems with this and would like any advice anyone can give

right i downloaded the set up file and when i go to run it it says converting but then all i get is it lagging up my comp and crashing.

im using windows xp home edition on my comp.
tryied reinstalling a few times still dont work.
ive downloaded all the maps that was on uoaddicts and put them in the uocart folder thats in my documents.

so if anyone can help me pls do

thxs in advance
Raze
I'm having the same problem. I'm running windows xp pro and .net framework 3.5 is installed. It just continues to use up more and more memory until my computer eventually freezes. I also tried reinstalling it quite a few times.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem since the last patch but..... I can't get it to follow me.

It seems to have forgotten where I am.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sticks head in, sees that you still cant log houses with it, quietly leaves the thread again*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You know... if there was one thing I wish EA/Mythic would do... It is this program.

M

Myna

Re: Lucky me!!

Error says:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=.#=qNb4Venb7P_oDlSkLjfcXtA==()
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=.#=qV9Bh97sfxtBxZEkVg16ezErIHb2IUQ71LvP1_yYk_U8=()
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=..ctor()
at #=qYbb_ieysp4fSJhS47dQc9CoSEchsVwiliqycu$PD$lc=.#=qdfz2MjgboLl2CADXcOf0Pg==()

Will go re-download and try again.

got the same msg

installed newest net version from microsoft webiste
running win xp prof

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Error says:

at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=.#=qNb4Venb7P_oDlSkLjfcXtA==()
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=.#=qV9Bh97sfxtBxZEkVg16ezErIHb2IUQ71LvP1_yYk_U8=()
at #=qyufDfJmfDaWNwdW5iWdWyAPY758qJCAb4ScfWRnvn_Q=..ctor()
at #=qYbb_ieysp4fSJhS47dQc9CoSEchsVwiliqycu$PD$lc=.#=qdfz2MjgboLl2CADXcOf0Pg==()

Will go re-download and try again.

got the same msg
You will find more details on the "MissingMethodException" error here: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1670284&postcount=663

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

got the same msg

installed newest net version from microsoft webiste
running win xp prof
Addressing the info you have added... you must have the earlier versions of the .NET framework installed as well, not just the current.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't anyone have contact with the original author, somehow to get him or her to release the program so others can work on it, if they don't anymore?

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't anyone have contact with the original author, somehow to get him or her to release the program so others can work on it, if they don't anymore?
If someone did, I spose the author wouldn't be missing and we'd know why they were posting or replying. Just a hunch.

M

Martyy

whenever i install cartographer, i click to load it and nothing happens. It locks my system up for a couple minutes until I can finally get task manager up and see it is loaded but not on my screen. I also get NO error messages.
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!
I'm also running windows xp pro with service pack 3

C

Calliope

A guildmate has the same problem as MalagAste, UOC won't track his char. He runs XP Pro and uses UOA. According to UOC his char is in LB's throneroom and doesn't move.

We've run out of ideas, can anyone suggest a cure?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A guildmate has the same problem as MalagAste, UOC won't track his char. He runs XP Pro and uses UOA. According to UOC his char is in LB's throneroom and doesn't move.

We've run out of ideas, can anyone suggest a cure?
From the unofficial FAQ: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost...&postcount=663

UOC is running, but it does not track my character on the screen?
If you are using the CC try running UOC as administrator. If you are using the EC check the Stratics UO Enhanced Client beta discussion forum (http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454) or the UO Modders' Exchange (http://uo.modders-exchange.net) for mods and skins that help UOC work seamlessly with the EC.​

Hope that helps!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for this great program... :)

Just wondering, for us fishermen, will it be possible in the future to add a functionality to UO Cartographer to add locations based on Message In A Bottle coordinates? I've had to switch to UO Automap again for fishing, would be awesome if I could do that in UOC though...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for this great program... :)

Just wondering, for us fishermen, will it be possible in the future to add a functionality to UO Cartographer to add locations based on Message In A Bottle coordinates? I've had to switch to UO Automap again for fishing, would be awesome if I could do that in UOC though...
LeBaiton, a few years ago someone did an Excel spreadsheet (also works with OpenOffice) that creates a column of map data that you can paste into a UOAM file. You enter the Lat & long one the left side, the appropriate map data appears to the right.

The data is just as valid for UOC as it is for UOAM.

Heck, you could use UOAM to enter the map data, then copy the map file into UOC's folder, and have it work.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Basara,

I think I remember that excel sheet, I think I have it tucked away somewhere, will do a search for it, thanks...

Still, it would be nice if I was able to enter MIB coordinates directly into UOC, sometimes I just have one or two I'd want to do instead of large batches :)

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qkpj59ODoSQKiNwhz3A$qCnrhSad9AqOWFZeea4o23E4=.#=qEotScWmtKtE2IfdSSLjAIA==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qa2IYxWCH1FxnxeuuhaT_gtMb2tDeYNLRRwrcLxFH16c=(Object #=qYiy1oxCVbvlQk3EY8pACpw==, EventArgs #=q2CP7Ul4TDjjX0UNLQc1hog==)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()i am not running vista or mac it iwll connect sometimes but usally gives me this after tryen 4 to 6 times. any ideas?

T

Tukaram

...Still, it would be nice if I was able to enter MIB coordinates directly into UOC, sometimes I just have one or two I'd want to do instead of large batches :)
I've always entered the long/lat for the MIB's, for either UOAutomap or UOCartographer. With UOCartographer I use the 'find', enter long/lat, click 'track'. Is there another way to enter it?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
...Still, it would be nice if I was able to enter MIB coordinates directly into UOC, sometimes I just have one or two I'd want to do instead of large batches :)
I've always entered the long/lat for the MIB's, for either UOAutomap or UOCartographer. With UOCartographer I use the 'find', enter long/lat, click 'track'. Is there another way to enter it?
I miss this feature of UOA... I'm finding the UOC to be harder to use for MIB's.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noone has contact with the UOC author yet? Maybe get him/her to release the code so we can code it further, instead of it staying feature frozen?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Noone has contact with the UOC author yet? Maybe get him/her to release the code so we can code it further, instead of it staying feature frozen?
I agree. I went from excitement over having a working map again to forlorn with having another awesome program with no more support.

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. i am unable to connect to uoc i get this error after like 5 to 6 times of tryen to connect. the map works fine but will no let me connect so i can play wiht other people. also once in a great while it will let me connect an play with other people an work fine......does anyone know anything about this isssue an if u can help id really apreciate it ty....

S

Shalimar/Cleo

I have sent Kiwillian an icq message asking him if he can post here when he's available. He hasn't been online for a while though, so I expect he's just busy rl.

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe he has even made a stratics post since January. Considering this was his baby, I am very surprised that he abandoned it. Perhaps he has 'gone away.'

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*pokes head in again, still sees no update for logging houses, leaves*

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am hoping he has not abandoned this project. While what has been completed so far is fantastic, I'm still holding out for a chat function like UOAM.