Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Watch us at Stratics.tv as we play our favorite games to help the Children's Miracle Network save kids during this year's Extra Life event.

Playing the same game? Meet up with us in-game and join us in our new Teamspeak Server (ts.stratics.com)!

UOAssist and Tugsoft Website

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Katrena, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Katrena

Katrena Seasoned Veteran

Is this program still working? I can not access their website anymore and UOAssist does not work. After all of the typical error messages when loading, it says the function's are disabled.

Thanks, Katrena
  2. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins. Stratics Pro

Gilfane

Add me to that...
  3. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran

It worked as of last night; This isn't the first time it's gone 'down', and no more often than servers of other sites having hiccups or small glitches. I'm sure it will be back up.
    AppleJax likes this.
  4. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman

Yep, just looks like the server is down so UOA can't authenticate. Hopefully, just a minor hiccup that he's able to easily fix.
  5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor Staff Alumnus

I did get the error message on the UOAssist load page, but my macros are working fine.
  6. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

I'm still getting it. :(
  7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Down for me at the moment
  8. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah

This happens once a year or so. Some years twice. It causes panic and disillusionment. Hitherto it's always come back. If one day it doesn't, we've had this program working reliably for how many years now?

Per the message you get when you launch the program, you have 10 more tries from when the program first lost contact with the server, then Assist stops working.

The longest I've seen this last go on was several days.

-Galen's player
    AppleJax and Blaeke like this.
  9. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator Staff Moderator

Macros still will work even though you can't connect to them. No biggie, normally within 12 to 24 hr's their site is back up
  10. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Crazed Zealot

There was a post here somewhere a while back when Tugsoft was down for an extended time of which file to edit but I can't find it now.
  11. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Crazed Zealot

G.v.P and Blaeke like this.
  12. A-tron

A-tron Visitor

just came back to uo and i cant even DL the uoassist.exe file anywhere. anyone have a suggestion. not much fun running classic without uoassist"....thanks
  13. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman

Since you can't download UOA to even try the fix suggested above, my best suggestion would be to use the enhanced client with Pinco's UI.
    MalagAste likes this.
  14. A-tron

A-tron Visitor

would love run ec but i am using a macbook pro which opens a whole newmcan of worms...
  15. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Crazed Zealot

SORRY
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  16. startle

Gilfane

BTW: That link specifically states that it is for use on "player run" shards.
  17. Katrena

Katrena Seasoned Veteran

Does EC and/or Pinco's allow you to run a macro that repeats a task multiple times on its own like UOAssist?
  18. DJAd

DJAd Crazed Zealot

What kind of task?
  19. Katrena

Katrena Seasoned Veteran

I use UOAssist for training skills. If your working a skill, you can record the specific tasks multiple times, (50 to 75 depending on how many steps you record and the pause time between each task) and then UOAssist will replay the tasks. When the macro ends, you just run it again. It works great for any repetitive type skill your training.
  20. Lord X

Lord X Sage

I got 3 uses left and its pvp night! Hopefully the link Lord Frodo posted will work for me if this isnt up by then.
  21. DJAd

DJAd Crazed Zealot

Yes you can with certain skills sure. I train magery and things like this in the exact same way.

Cast spell, delay (2 to 5 seconds) recast then repeat however many times.
  22. Speranza

Speranza Lore Master Staff Alumnus

Don't even need Pinco's UI for this. One click of the button and you can cast Lich Form over 300 times! Just you know.... sit there, watch some netflix, chat with friends....
  23. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran

The EC is infinitely better for repeatable macros, for sure.
  24. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Crazed Zealot

PLEASE DELETE THAT QUOTE
  25. Lord X

Lord X Sage

i need a fix
    a real fix
    anyone? obv ive tried whats here... anyone have something that works?
  26. Lord X

Lord X Sage

btw ive tried whats here i get renewed tries YAY>...... but then server mismatch continues to distort my reality.. ie makes it impossible. anyone? a real fix a diff fix ? any ideaS? soon would be good.
  27. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Crazed Zealot

That is all anybody gets until Tugsoft comes back up. Reset before you hit the 10 tries.
  28. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I know we have the discussion every so often, but Stratics used to host a shard emulator program. Shrugs?
  29. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP

TDO*

uoassist is back up
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  30. startle

Gilfane

31. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah

As always many thanks to Tugsoft for the many years of continued reliable operation of UO Assist.

-Galen's player
  32. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox Staff Alumnus

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    G.v.P and Lord Frodo like this.
  33. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Dark Outlaws Stratics Pro

TDO*

one advice before this happen next time, set UO Assist to only look for updates once a day, this way, you have 10 days
    Sean, Kylie Kinslayer and Lord Frodo like this.
  34. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

Still not working for me. Tugsoft hates me?
  35. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor Staff Alumnus

/Signed
  36. Cardinal

Cardinal Adventurer

I am still getting this, i cannot go to the tugsoft site and the program wont update
  37. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Certifiable

Can you get to the regular tugsoft.com site? I wonder if Tug recently changed hosting providers, which means DNS having to renew around the world. That explains most people having the outage for a day or two, and your particular ISP might be taking longer.

While waiting for your ISP, you could try flushing your PC's DNS cache. Open a command window, then type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter. You probably won't need to reboot but may have to.
    Cardinal likes this.
  38. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

You can always try the IP address to reach Tugsoft. At least, it works for me.

39. The Zog historian

Yes, that can work too. I never checked before, but UOA does seem to look for the same address as the regular website.

So Cardinal, you could try adding that to your hosts file, if you're familiar with that.
  40. Cardinal

Cardinal Adventurer

I worked out with the help of JC from atl. ]R[ guild how to fix it. Apparently where i am in Brasil has not had the new address filter down. I tried flushing and that didnt work. So we went in and set the server to check DNS from auto to the google server 8 8 8 8 this fixed the problem. What likely happened is they changed the server or something and people had it go offline for a few days while the DNS updated. While for me visiting here in the developing world its taken longer.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    The Zog historian likes this.
  41. The Zog historian

Great to hear! Saude!
    Cardinal likes this.
  42. polanco

polanco Adventurer

Can you explain how to fix this! I'm having the same problem, cannot connect to the site or update
  43. Kojak

Kojak Lore Keeper

I know how to fix it but every time I post the fix, the admins give me grief about it
  44. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah

PM it to the people who need it then...?
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  45. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed

Why would telling people to go hard code the DNS in their NIC or their modem to Google's DNS ; Primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 be a bad thing. It's been done across the tech world so many millions / billions of times that no-one even gives it much thought anymore. SOP
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  46. startle

Gilfane

How does hard coding Google's DNS help with the OP ?
  47. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed

Besides ping and tracert tests, if you can't get to a page/site/update that other people can, switching out the DNS is one of the first things you try. Goggles DNS are fast and they update far more often than most other ISPs. Me personally, I code in their DNS on pretty every device on my LAN. If Goggle's fail, OpenDNS is another great option.
  48. startle

Gilfane

Excellent advice, WM... I've heard (and used OpenDNS) but haven't considered hard coding into the router... You've given me something to consider, thx...;)
    Widow Maker likes this.