• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM/Vista

B

Banner

Is there any way to make UOAM work with Windows Vista?? Or is there any thing else out there that will do about the same thing as UOAM

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think you have to set it to "run as Administrator" in Vista.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i run uoam with vista, works easily for me, just had to turn off a few security features of vista

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i run uoam with vista, works easily for me, just had to turn off a few security features of vista
Yea but did you turn them off because of UOAM or did you turn them off because once you do Vista runs all awesome like?

T

Turdnugget

I can't remember turning anything off on my laptop with Vista to run UOAM...

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAM also runs just fine on my Desktop with Vista. I did make sure I to put UOAM into the Program Files (x86) folder though.

D

Dragonchilde

I can't get UOAM to run, at all. I've got the black screen... but entering the files directory doesn't work.

I'm on vista, any tips?

C

Charlton

I can't get UOAM to run, at all. I've got the black screen... but entering the files directory doesn't work.

I'm on vista, any tips?
What I had to do was download the files manually (they're in a zip form) and unzip them into the main UOAM directory. That got it to work for me. Just make sure to use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and save the zip file instead of opening it, then go to the directory it downloaded into and double click the folder, click on Extract Files and specify the UOAM directory to unzip them into.

Click on the desktop icon as normal and it should work. Have the game running so it can rebuild the MAP files after you calibrate your positon.

D

Dragonchilde

Apparently, I had to put the UOAM files IN the game directory. It wasn't looking for them in the right place.

I cleared out the file path I'd put in the map files, and blammo, started tracking me properly.

Finally.

Now, i have UOAM. Finally.Now, though, it's not tracking correctly when I jump to anyplace other than any old lands city, including Haven or Luna.

I'll take what I can get, though.

B

Banner

Hey folks I got mine to work.. I just downloaded the files unziped it then loaded it as the admin.. and whalla it works......