• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM & UOCART ........

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
guess what - new AutoMap release to take care of all the new dungeons and stuff added recently - this one is much simpler and closer to the program when it was originally released - I didn't build the perfomance bitmaps this time but you can do that yourself now if you want to, just like when the program worked back in the day (tip: on the map performance settings window, move the top slider all the way to the right and the bottom 2 sliders all the way to the left if you wan to use bitmaps instead of mul files) (bitmaps are quicker to draw and use less cpu)

you can now set the map performance settings on all the facets which is nice - I spent alot of hours on this to get it to work correctly again (if there's any problems, I wanna know about them)

oh, and check the box to "Have UOAM locate client data files for you" under "Map / UO Client Data Files Location..."

Download The New and Improved Version of AutoMap.zip
all i am getting is blk screen with little yelo icons for land masses

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Returned a couple days back.

Unzipped the file, ran as admin, and it worked beautifully.

Thanks Kojack! :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
O.k. The tower died and I bought a laptop with Win8.1 on it. Now get a black automap window with server lines on it.

I downloaded the automap file, unzipped it, left it in the download folder,set for Win7 compatibility, and run it from a desktop icon as administrator. Anyone know why it won't fly?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you didn't get the statics file too - post #110 on page 3 of this thread - unzip it into the same directory and change the map files location to the folder everything is in if it's still black

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you didn't get the statics file too - post #110 on page 3 of this thread - unzip it into the same directory and change the map files location to the folder everything is in if it's still black
Thanks. :)

Just had Norton take out the updateace.dll file after I installed a fresh copy of Automap. The same Norton that didn't do so on my Win7 tower. Clearly the Force is not with me on having Automap on this new Win8.1 computer. <sighs>

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol - I had to talk someone else into reversing Norton 360's false positive problem just a few days ago

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
guess what - new AutoMap release to take care of all the new dungeons and stuff added recently - this one is much simpler and closer to the program when it was originally released - I didn't build the perfomance bitmaps this time but you can do that yourself now if you want to, just like when the program worked back in the day (tip: on the map performance settings window, move the top slider all the way to the right and the bottom 2 sliders all the way to the left if you wan to use bitmaps instead of mul files) (bitmaps are quicker to draw and use less cpu)

you can now set the map performance settings on all the facets which is nice - I spent alot of hours on this to get it to work correctly again (if there's any problems, I wanna know about them)

oh, and check the box to "Have UOAM locate client data files for you" under "Map / UO Client Data Files Location..."

Download The New and Improved Version of AutoMap.zip
went to put UOAM onto my 2 Daughters Laptops, nothing but problems.
DLed your post 104 then did the statics DL on post 110 - works like a charm.
this, sir, is for you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
btw, if you add a <space>-q at the end of the target in your shortcut properties like this for example:
target: C:\AutoMap\uoam.exe -q
... that launches automap in "quiet" mode so it doesn't display that annoying update dialog box

dude seriously, that is just bad azz awesome!
that has bothered me for years, now it just zipps right into map, no more waiting for 10 failed attempts.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmmm, so if both my kids laptops are not showing any shops or moongates or points of interest or anything like that - that would mean im missing that file ya?

so i should be able to grab that from one of my comps and move it over?
anyone know what its called?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im assuming they are the following files?
personal.map
treasure.map
rares.map
atlas.map
common.map
dungeons.map

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
figured it out.
had to go into 'map' then 'additional settings' then 'files' and there was a file on there called consolidated that wasnt ticked, ticked that and presto all the stuff they where missing.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I refer you to post #148 and #149 on this very thread on page 3 ... hehe

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks for this Kojak - back in UO for first time in about 5 years, and really nice to have UOAM working nicely!

But, I have one small issue...

When changing facet/world (eg. Trammel/Zento/Malas/etc.) it either does not change automatically, or seems to randomly pick the wrong one...

So, it works if I manually change the World in UOAM everytime I go to a different land, but that is a bit of a pain! (I think there are shortcut keys, but still...)

Is this a problem for everyone else and you just live with it? Or does anyone know how to fix this?

These are the steps I followed:

1 Extract both AutoMap.zip & statics.zip to C:\AutoMap
2 Create a shortcut (usin -q parameter and admin) on desktop
3 Run UOAM
4 Got black screen
5 Goto menu "Map->UO Data files location settings"
6 Change UO client folder to: C:\AutoMap
7 Map appeared
8 Run classic client
9 Type Papua Mint into a crystal portal - don't move
10 Goto menu "UO Calibrate"
11 Pick the lost lands and input: 2 . 32' S 18 . 21' W

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appreciate all your work on this. It's nice to have UOAM back up and running with everything working !!!!

Thanks for going the extra mile,
Q

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Appreciate all your work on this. It's nice to have UOAM back up and running with everything working !!!!

Thanks for going the extra mile,
Q

I have downloaded the files but Eodon does not show as a facet. Just black screen when I go thru the gate to Eodon. Remains normal and useful on every other facet. Any Ideas?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eodon isn't a facet, its an addition to ter mur map. You did overwrite the file in the uoam folder with the downloaded file?

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hey... just wanted to say thank you for this..... I got this working and not just that, it runs through crossover on my mac..... much obliged

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me add some hint....
(1) download the file...
(2) overwrite it on the old one!
(3) delete old map5-xx.bmp (forced it regenerate!)
(4) run uoam

Excellent job of Kojak!

Mos
Formosa

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just wanted to say thanks again to Kojak.
went to the new lands finally last night with the guild mates.
took the tour.
labeled the tribes and champ spawns.

was nice to be in the new lands and be linked so we knew where each other was when we where looking around.
all of us DLed the new map and installed it.
i just grabbed it and dropped it in the folder, one guild mate had the black screen and had to delete the old map and reboot everything.
all of us had no problems and map worked great.

thanks again!

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so if I just drop the map5.mul in the same folder where Client.exe is.

I have all the facet to work except Ter Mur and expansion.

Update: ok I have the AutpMap into the wrong folder. Once I put it directly in first level on the D:\AutoMap that fix everything. This had put a smile on my face to get UOAM up and running again.

Last edited:

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you!!! At first it was still black but I just had to change the folder location of where it was unzipped ...

In UOAM ... Map Tab ... UO Client Data Files Location ... then write in location ... C:\whereeverfileswereunzipped *hope this helps you whiterabbit*

MANY, MANY PLATES OF *COOKIE HUGS* TO YOU KOJAK!!

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you!!! At first it was still black but I just had to change the folder location of where it was unzipped ...

In UOAM ... Map Tab ... UO Client Data Files Location ... then write in location ... C:\whereeverfileswereunzipped *hope this helps you whiterabbit*

MANY, MANY PLATES OF *COOKIE HUGS* TO YOU KOJAK!!
if your data files location uses a long directory name like C:\whereeverfileswereunzipped for example, you have to shorten it to 8 letters using windows's method - in this case it would shorten to C:\wheree~1 - automap is such an old program it doesn't know about long file/directory names that you have in modern windows

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Bud I wish I could shake your hand in real life, I set our three PC, (my old tower, the wife's PC, and my lap top, up with this version. My only concerns were I could not fine the old t map locations, something I use to get to the general areas of Trammel T maps. But I extracted that information from an older version on my tower and it works just great.

Again thank you sir! You are the hero of this thread for sure.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
tink dat doed it mr kojak
weees alls lubs yoos
HUGS
HANDS ICE CREEMS CONE

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Been back in UO for a month, trying to get this working via the various hints throughout this thread, and finally now it IS -- thanks to you, sir. UO just didn't feel like the same game without UOAM.

Would be really awesome if someone wrote up a consolidated post with the info (including things like "UOAM doesn't understand long directory/file names") and we could sticky it with the link, assuming the files will be hosted there indefinitely.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...finally feel like I'm "home" again.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy to see UOAM is back in action. Thank you Kojak.

[edit] my problem is solved -- open uoam.exe as as admin! :D

Quick summary guide:
- download that latest zip file from kojak
- unzip it anywhere
- you must run uoam.exe as admin, or it wont work
- under uoam setting, change the file directory where you unzipped (and ensure the directory name isn't too long)
- no need to copy those unzipped map files to the UO folder
- PS: UOA is needed to run UOAM!!

Last edited:

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much Kojak, this is exactly what I needed to finish getting UO set up on my computer

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without you UOAM would be just a faint memory. How can anyone ever repay you for everything you do for ALL of us? To you Kojak , a Huge Thank you ,again, yet again, still again. You are my AM Hero!

Sookie
thank you but you might want to go get the files from post #184 in this thread instead - it's the most up to date version and I included the .mul files in this version so you can pick which level of performance setting you prefer (I usually do the top slider all the way to the right and the bottom 2 sliders all the way to the left except for termur - it messes up the roof colors so I leave the top slider all the way to the left for termur)