• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM & UOCART ........

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://downloaduocartographer.com/download-uocartographer/index.html

this page has a direct download for carto AND another for the `missing map.mul files`
the "read me" tells you where you need to put those missing mul files
you're welcome

OK... I thought my only problem with UO Cartographer was the missing MAP File which the link above fixxed for me but....... It seems that even when running UO Cartographer in Admin Mod it still shows my character sitting in the Lords British Castle. I tried UO Mapper really quick as well and It shows me in the same position. I'm running UO Assist as Admin in both of these cases... Anyone?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
guess what - new AutoMap release to take care of all the new dungeons and stuff added recently - this one is much simpler and closer to the program when it was originally released - I didn't build the perfomance bitmaps this time but you can do that yourself now if you want to, just like when the program worked back in the day (tip: on the map performance settings window, move the top slider all the way to the right and the bottom 2 sliders all the way to the left if you wan to use bitmaps instead of mul files) (bitmaps are quicker to draw and use less cpu)

you can now set the map performance settings on all the facets which is nice - I spent alot of hours on this to get it to work correctly again (if there's any problems, I wanna know about them)

oh, and check the box to "Have UOAM locate client data files for you" under "Map / UO Client Data Files Location..."

Download The New and Improved Version of AutoMap.zip

Last edited:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for taking the time to do this, Kojak! Even though I'm one of the ones that can't get it to work (Black screen no matter what I've tried and yes I've read everything in the thread I think) it's great to see people such as yourself doing things to help keep players happy in the game! Cudos!

-P.E.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It works, and it's awesome! We love ya, baby.

P.E., make sure to run it as an administrator. That was a friend's problem.
Yup, tried that. ;) Statics shown, no error on start up and have the correct directory specified for .mul files (not UO folder), not running out of the zip file and I even unblocked the security flag on each file just to make sure. I don't use UOA either. Still, all black. I'm sure I missed one little thing somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion, though! It's weird, though... it tracks me correctly, shows all the right labels but everything but on a black background. *smacks forehead* -- I'm so close!

-P.E.

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok, here goes, this is what my registry settings look like - I'm running windows 7 64bit - that's why it has that weird wow64...node section

try fixing your registry to point to your UO installation first - I'm gonna make some more posts with other options following this one if you can't get this to work, but this is your best option for keeping the map up to date because all the other auxiliary .mul files are still being used from your UO directory instead of your automap directory so if the client patches, they'll get automatically updated - the only files that aren't in the UO directory anymore are the 6 map?.mul files that I included with automap in the .zip file - those are derived from the map?legacymul.uop files in the uo directory and the only way those get updated is if the client patches the .uop files and then I run the program to convert them to .mul files and make a new post on this thread with the updated map?.mul files

the only reason my client says it's installed to C:\UO is because that's where I installed it on purpose - the normal location the client gets installed to is more complicated and looks more like this: C:\Program Files (x64)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic...\ blah blah blah - it's much much longer - I always install UO to C:\UO - it just makes life easier :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
option 2: if you can't figure out how to fix your registry settings, you can download these statics files that would normally be in your UO directory (if you really wanna knock yourself out, you can just copy them yourself but I uploaded mine to make your life easier)

so download the statics.zip file and extract the files inside the .zip file to the directory you put automap in - then run automap and under Map/UO client data files location... UNcheck the box that says "Have UOAM locate client data files for you." and on that same screen, under "UO client folder:", put in automap's directory name (for example, mine is C:\AutoMap)
this should take care of the black screen problem once and for all.

Download The Statics Files

Last edited:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh man, I need a REALLY LIKE button. ;) Thanks a ton Kojak, that's the info I was missing - that UOAM had to look in two separate places for its files. I've installed/uninstalled and screwed up so many installs of UO on this machine (have both clients installed now and the enhanced client hasn't been updated in a while) that no wonder UOAM was having issues locating the statics files. Even when I pointed it to the directory manually where the classic client files are it still gave me the middle finger.

So.... I wrote a quick batch file that copies all statics files from the uo classic install directory to the automap directory and then launches automap. After pointing automap to look there for its files everything runs like a champ. I figured if I copy them every time I won't have to remember where to find them the next time EA changes one of em. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to keep this running and also for explaining how this all works for the rest of us!! I think I'm going to go fish up a MIB for old times sake now! :)

-P.E.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded a few items... pretty familiar with UOAM setting so it should not be hard. Should have thought about this before haha....

I have an online website, maybe ill zip all these files up and just put them all in a zip file for one huge download...

Thanks for the info.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got off the blackscreen finally but i cant get it to track me . Calibration fix that? Its been so many years since i did this i dont remember.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, so I am using the UOAM files linked above and the program is running fine and tracking me but all of the labels are gone. I have "show labels" selected but none of the labels for cities, shops, dungeons etc are showing. what am I doing wrong?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go to additional settings / files tab ... then check the box for Consolidated

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The spots are random.. so no map loc for them ...but there is a way around... use a davies jones locker table... it gives cords

Reva

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kojak, Petra and moderators of the forum big big thanks for letting this thread live. UOAm is working perfectly from the first go!

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loves the new auto-map! Excellent effort!

On the other hand, I am thinking it is possible we can use uoam in both classical and enhanced clients?
So I can link with the friends using enhanced client and I am using classical one.

Thx!

mos

Emac

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
works great , you make easy for plp to fix the black screen , considering I don't know enough about computers to find my hard drive half the time an windows 8 is making it harder lol . thx

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks a lot Kojak. I got it all to work.

Only one think is missing, I can't make it show player houses like it did in old days. Are that impossible now or do I do something wrong?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
uoassist isn't sending house information anymore ... so ... no (unfortunately)

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
long ago, someone sent me a direct link with UOC zipped and ready to be downloaded. Once again i have 3 version of UOC on my pc and none of them work on my return, can someone send me that via pm or if it is posted link me? I used the direct link to download UOC and the .mul files and still no dice. followed directions to a tee, just looking for some love.
thks

getting this msg..

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: '#=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk='.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

Last edited:

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well my automap stopped working 3 weeks ago for some unknown reason.
I took the files Kojax posted here unzipped it and made a new folder on my desktop, put all the files in there. fired up automap had the black screen. then I directed the data files location to the folder i made on my desktop and then the screen was no longer black but I'm back to my original problem. Automap isnt tracking me. I checked off run as administrator. I tried calibrating and get an error message. attached are screen grabs. no mater where I move in malas it always shows me in the same location. When I switch views to felluca, trammel or ish the map changes to some random location in those lands but when i go there its not showing me where im suppose to be and when I move the map does nothing.

Attachments

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
type Papua Mint into a crystal portal - don't move, pick the lost lands from the calibration menu and type in your current location

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try that when i get home. This is wierd I've had UOAM for years and never had a problem calibrating. Is this a known issue, that you have to calibrate in the lost lands now?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think you technically "have" to - it just seems to work the best ... at least for me

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well after a month of unistalling, reinstalling searching for my problem over the internet your solution worked. I've calibrated many times but have never had to recalibrate in the lost lands, maybe the pop up error message should mention it.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. Thanks.

This would be much easier to follow though if it was consolidated into one post, rather than many over 3 pages :)

sseth_uo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I actually just want to say thanks. Coming back after a 10 year hiatus I was sorely missing UOAM and managed to get it working again thanks to your posts here. :heart:
For all others struggling - make sure to run UOAM as admin under Win7 - that was the last little issue that kept it from tracking my player properly.

Treasures, here I come!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you Kojak. I finally had the time and patience to work on getting UOAM working again today. Your posts and files were very helpful.

WildStar

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent! :party:

As EM, UOAM is an invaluable tool for me. My old version didn't have Ter Mur or anything else that was added since 2012. Kojak, I can't thank you enough for posting the fix!

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kojak,
Thank you soooooo much for the work you did to make Automap work again. It took me a bit to figure out exactly what I needed to do, but now it works great!!!

Tonna

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
you are welcome sir
Hi and thx for this great help Kojak ! Finally my uoautomap works but ..... i cant see shop names or other info. I see maps and they update just as they should but no text or icons . Ive checked filtering options and they are set as they should. You know what causes this ? thx

Tonna

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oops , found it myself . Forgot to check the consolidated checkbox.
Thx again though !

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
my uoam just quit working wont load. says ddl updat is missing
so i download uoam again
nortons keeps deleteing ddl as un safe