• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Traders thread pointer

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I posted in Traders Hall but thought I would point to the thread so you can see if there is anything you want. The thread is here. Essentially a boatload of enhanced bandages and some tokens are up for grabs before I put them on vendors for higher prices.

Go for it, LA!!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So far nothing has sold, but it's only been a day or so. I gotta believe there's a desire for some of that stuff. <shrug>

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know the feeling - I'm currently selling a bunch of low-level vet rewards on a vendor at UMP.

I might be interested in the SA tokens, though - I've still not managed to get the Slasher statue out of about 10 tries.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd head to UMP to check it out (it's just down the road a bit from my place) but the last time I went near there I was jumped by a Dread Horror from an event. I don't know if it's still there or not. Wiped my Paladin in 2 swipes and he couldn't do squat about it.

EDIT: Got to UMP and browsed the stuff. Also got rune for library. damned dread horror nowhere around so I am assuming it has been tracked down and eliminated.

One thing I've noticed is a lack of ANYONE selling any sort of BODs at all. Vendor search shows some stuff in Luna but all of them are empty and have been for some time. Stupid NPCs try giving me iron stuff I have 3 or 4 of already. Four Val LBODs and not a single SBOD. Frustrating.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I accidentally let my BOD vendors drop. I'm planning on getting them set back up soon (Bear's Den, next to Ter Mur moongate), but most of the BODs I sell are Tailor. There's so many iron BODs for smith (75% - half the BODs are weapons, then half the remaining BODs are iron, and 11/24 of the armor BODs are non-combinables! That only leaves 13.54% of smalls as colored combinable armor smalls, compared to 25% of larges being colored)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Soooo, it appears it'll be near impossible to get *1* SBOD for Valorite, but easy as heck to get LBODs for it? Something tells me the BOD system RNG needs a tweak or five.

I have a decent amount of everything up to about Bronze then a sharp drop off to zero in Valorite. <shakes head>

Bears Den ... wasn't that originally on the Brit to Yew road somewhat N of the brigand camp? If so I used to shop there a LOT!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah - it used to be across from my main house at the crossroads between the liches and the Yew Cemetery, then I moved it when SA opened to have a house in the player town we tried to establish outside the Royal City for our alliance (Rivenmyst village). For a while, we had 5 or 6 houses in the area, including a rune library. My house is the only one left, and in one of the spots that's partially in the guard zone.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
<nods> I thought so! I just looked at the Ter Mur spot. Nice! I might bite the bullet and see about locating there somewhere. My lumberjack could work over the trees a lot!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might try bribing up some lower level armor bods.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, the BOD vendors are back up, the tailor ones have been fully restocked (still a little short on Smith BODs but there are some there), and I put up a vendor with POF for 300k a vial - if it's empty when I log in later, I'll put some more on it.

BOD Pricing can give you carpal tunnel....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
T
I have, but that only goes so far and I have yet to see a bribe jump ingot type to next higher. Altho it is possible I suppose.
That's amazing. 90% of the bribes I try for armor BODs upgrade the ingot type first.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
T

That's amazing. 90% of the bribes I try for armor BODs upgrade the ingot type first.
Did this on 3 different iron-based SBODs - 2 armor and one weapon. All were 10 normal. Bribe 1 - 15 normal; 2 - 15 exceptional; 3 - 20 exceptional and next higher metal. The way bribes scale, it would cost one heck of a lot of gold to get one valorite SBOD. <shakes head.

EDIT: could it be the smith I approach? I usually go to the ones in the Blacksmith shop outside of Britain.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, weapon BODs can't upgrade past iron.

As for the iron armor, it might be that iron and colored BODs have different priorities (influenced by the presence of weapons BODs being iron only)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, and when would be a good time for the Stygian Abyss token transaction?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a runic atlas on you with runes to every blacksmith shop on every facet. Rotate through them all. Each time you bribe one the cost goes up so you should move on to the next to keep costs down. Don't just sit at the same one all day.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are some smiths/armorers/weaponsmiths that are woefully underutilized for bribing, to the point you can get "free" bribes.This especially true for the ones on the Fel side.