• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO stole meh boats

• Thread starter peanutbutter
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

peanutbutter

the first time, i thought maybe i was trippin....

here's how it goes:

i'm fishing. chillin out on the deep blue sea in my boat... my second boat, that i've had for a couple weeks now. i have a slow forward going and just casting over the side to see what i can get while i read my new Jim Butcher book... i got a daemon guarding me, so it's just a walk in the park.

so, i look up and see that i'm almost over weight. i decide that i'll chop up the fish, cast out a few more times, and then hit the bank.

the moment i chop up my last stack of fish, i suddenly appear in the jhelom animal pen. yeah... i still have all meh fish and meh pole, but i just, like, got auto-teleported off my boat.

1) i don't even have a RUNE to jhelom on this character. granted, i was there several hours ago (i recalled there to get my barding gain from a friends rune), but i have 5 runes on this toon and none of them are to jhelom

2) i can't get my boat. UO stole it. i can't recall off of any keys i have. it's just gone. log in, log out, no matter. nothing will get me back to my boat.

3) this is the second time this EXACT thing happened (except the first time i wasn't reading and i got teleported to luna)

so. i want my boat back... sentimental value. reminds me of old gregg and the boat times...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When's the last time you used the gangplank? If it's been several days, then maybe you forgot to refresh the boat, and it decayed out of under you.

P

peanutbutter

refresh teh boats... hmph.

so driving the boat isn't enough to "refresh" it?

i used the plank once... the day i bought it. it's reserved for trespassers.

but using it "refreshes" the boat?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pehaps you sailed into "the invasion zone" as it occurred.

Thats what it sounds like to me. As far as the boat being gone? try again off the key after the hordes been beat back.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty much - the boat decays as you use it (driving it doesn't refresh it), but opening or closing a gangplank refreshes it.

S

Static

Meh boaty did thee same thing, I have extras if you are on ATL

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Your boat collapsed out from under you.
Shoulda stopped at the boat shop for repairs.
At least you didn't drown.
I think people should drown if their boat sinks.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the being teleported to Jhelom, is the interesting part.
Since it's where we get sent, if we are trying to recall/log into an invaded city.
I bet your boat is still there, and you sailed into the subserver maybe that had an invasion going.
Like they said earlier, keep tryin the key a day or two, depending on the shard and how the mobs are getting beat back, you may be able to go to it later.

E

eccentricjules

Maybe he did sail into an invasion zone.

1) Invasion zones make you go to Jhelom.

2) You can't recall into an invasion area, for example: If Brit is under invasion I can't recall to a shop I like or to the fields to collect pumpkin, and the fields aren't that close to the city!

Question: Does your screen say ANYTHING when you recall off the boat keys?

The only other thing that makes it not sound like an invasion zone is that even when you get transported to Jhelom it always takes you to the teleporters, NOT the animal pen.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your boat decays, the client sends you to the last place you were on land. So if you were at Jelohm when you recalled to your boat, and then your boat decayed, poof... your now teleported back to Jelohm. Sounds to me like this is exactly what happened.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually.. i'd say it means he launched in an invasion zone. Since the "teleport back to land when it decays" thing works like any other recall effect, he was redirected from that invasion city he launched in to the generic Jhelom spot (since the game automatically redirects recalls to those areas).

P

peanutbutter

i was. i was getting a provoke gain on cows when i got frustrated and decided to go fishing... btw, gaining provoke is worse than gaining taming.