• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Starting Flash Screen Thingy

S

Shayne

How exactly do you disable that thing? Its so bloody annoying, and is a waste of my CPU time, esp when UO crashes, and I have to log in ASAP to try and save my buttox from being shadow wyrm food :p I know if you use a 3rd party program which I won't mention, you can start UO without the startup flash screen that says 9th anni or ML, etc. But I want it with UOAssist. Any thoughts on how to do this?

S

Sid Vacuous

Don't think you can remove it. People complained about it a few years back and the devs said they had been advised to install it for 'legal reasons', if I remember right.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're using the 2D client, click the Options button on your character's paperdoll. Then click the Miscellaneous tab on the right side of the gump and make sure that there is no check mark on the first line that says, "Show the intro movie on launch."

S

Shayne

If you're using the 2D client, click the Options button on your character's paperdoll. Then click the Miscellaneous tab on the right side of the gump and make sure that there is no check mark on the first line that says, "Show the intro movie on launch."
Yeah not the intro movie the splash screen that pops up when you start UO :p

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it the one I am thinking about, yeah, no way to bypass that.

The "Starting Ultima Online" doesn't come up if using UOA.
The 3 movies can be disabled by renaming/deleting the 3 bik files if changing the options don't work.