• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO:SA Client: Unable to Login

• Thread starter Sergul'zan_SP
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sergul'zan_SP

Hi everybody!

I opened one of my accounts and logged into the game in 2D with no problem. If I try and use the SA Client, I receive the following message:

NETWORK ERROR:

We were unable to authenticate your login. Usually this means that either a newer client patch is available or password you provided are incorrect. Please check your caps lock key and try re-entering your username or password. Please restart your client if you continue to receive this error. If this is a new account your account may not be active yet, please try again shortly. If you continue to experience problems, please contact customer support.

Basic Configuration:

I am running Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2. The problem occurs regardless of whether the firewall is enabled or disabled, and I have scanned for viruses and spyware to no avail. I know the password is correct as it works in the 2D client, and my caps lock is not on. My UO:SA Client version is 4.0.7.4.

I had my brother try and logon to see if it was my computer and he had the same problem. The account has been active for over 72 hours.

Thanks!

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont have the SA client but you might lack the latest UO:SA client patch. Did you execute the SA client as administrator? The message you get is what i get when i forgot to run the game as administrator (2D client) to patch the client.

Check if you have different .exe files like UOpatch.exe. Do you run those as administrator aswell?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Kas,

Thanks for that info. I'm going to give it a shot on my machine and see what happens as soon as I get a chance. My brother is running Windows XP Service Pack 3 - so I know it's not a problem on his.

Stupid Question: Do you have to have to buy UO:SA to use the client? I seem to remember using it despite the fact that I don't have a UO:SA account, but that was when it originally came out.

It would be silly if this was the problem.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I changed my password and it works. This leads me to believe that the new client may not support passwords as long as the old one did or there is something wrong with initial account activation with regards to accessing the enhanced client.