• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Return

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
hi all!
I quit the game, after playing for around 8 or more years, some years ago!
After looking around i want to come back to UO and miss it a lot!!!

I drop all i had....better i dont write how much money and rares...
ho well, i'll start from what i have in the bank!

If someone remember me and still play UO write something, i'll get in touch with you if you like :)
Some of my chars:

Blackwalker
Blackfish
Pandoro
ErTombola
and other....

Still 2 days and i'll start to play UO!!!!
I MISS A LOT!!!
have a nice day (or night) all and sorry for my english
byez :D
The current development team is largely incompetent and has damaged virtually every aspect of the game they've touched. The ballyhooed "classic dungeon revamp" was largely a failure and died out only half-complete after no one actually liked any of the stupid minigames, and now entire systems are shipped and promptly ignored by the players.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The current development team is largely incompetent and has damaged virtually every aspect of the game they've touched. The ballyhooed "classic dungeon revamp" was largely a failure and died out only half-complete after no one actually liked any of the stupid minigames, and now entire systems are shipped and promptly ignored by the players.
That's a bit harsh. I actually totally like the revamp of Blackthorns and Blackthorns dungeon. I rather like shame. I don't mind wrong either.. what did piss me off was them altering Despise since that USED to be the best place to train characters... now we have nothing. The new newbie dungeon is a joke and not a good one and doesn't even come close to what Despise was... I told them they should instead revamp Deceit since NO ONE goes there in tram. Keep the brazier working but bulldoze all the rest... would have been fine... But what do I know. I miss Despise.

They have tried several times to change the largely ruined by previous teams system of Factions. I think the concept of VvV is ok... just not something I care about. Certainly it is far less time consuming than Factions was.

I very much enjoy the Trade Quests as well. Not a bad way to add gold to the city coffers and I get some nifty stuff to boot.

I fail to see what is promptly ignored. Doom has never been busier... and now that it's supposedly back ON I'm game for that.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a bit harsh. I actually totally like the revamp of Blackthorns and Blackthorns dungeon. I rather like shame. I don't mind wrong either.. what did piss me off was them altering Despise since that USED to be the best place to train characters... now we have nothing. The new newbie dungeon is a joke and not a good one and doesn't even come close to what Despise was... I told them they should instead revamp Deceit since NO ONE goes there in tram. Keep the brazier working but bulldoze all the rest... would have been fine... But what do I know. I miss Despise.

They have tried several times to change the largely ruined by previous teams system of Factions. I think the concept of VvV is ok... just not something I care about. Certainly it is far less time consuming than Factions was.

I very much enjoy the Trade Quests as well. Not a bad way to add gold to the city coffers and I get some nifty stuff to boot.

I fail to see what is promptly ignored. Doom has never been busier... and now that it's supposedly back ON I'm game for that.
the new dungeon revams keep0 folks busy for 3-4 weeks.. just saying,, who the hells doing shame and [the other] one i cant even rember which it wqas ..lolzzz...just saying yes its cool for 2-3 weeks.. tops

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the new dungeon revams keep0 folks busy for 3-4 weeks.. just saying,, who the hells doing shame and [the other] one i cant even rember which it wqas ..lolzzz...just saying yes its cool for 2-3 weeks.. tops
I actually go into wrong on a fairly regular basis... Since it's a good hunting spot and I keep hoping to get soap. Also it's nice to kill the Ogre down there for a 3 tier cake recipe. Folk do also go to steal the assassin honed weapons as well.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a lot of new items and too many item property....really! I need a team to work with me to realize which item is good and which no! Omg hope to find something to do... No melisanda? Doom is still up and pp still play it?
I'm on atlantic, if someone wanna give me some tips :) thx