• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Return

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi all!
I quit the game, after playing for around 8 or more years, some years ago!
After looking around i want to come back to UO and miss it a lot!!!

I drop all i had....better i dont write how much money and rares...
ho well, i'll start from what i have in the bank!

If someone remember me and still play UO write something, i'll get in touch with you if you like :)
Some of my chars:

Blackwalker
Blackfish
Pandoro
ErTombola
and other....

Still 2 days and i'll start to play UO!!!!
I MISS A LOT!!!
have a nice day (or night) all and sorry for my english
byez :D

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well welcome back! Always good to see people returning :)

I wish you the best of luck getting back on your feet and learning all the new and exciting things that have changed in your absence.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) i see there are a lot of new things...! excited! :)
Which client is better, classic or enanched? i'm on Windows 8.1

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) i see there are a lot of new things...! excited! :)
Which client is better, classic or enanched? i'm on Windows 8.1
id try out both and see which one you like. people are very opinionated about which client is "better" and you most likely wont get a straight answer here. you might get a locked thread tho lol.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Write how much u dropped and welcome back.

Is this the Mary I cybered?

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both, done the same many times. I was contemplating coming back last week but didn't.

I dunno, come back to endless hours of grinding or live a fuller life?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lost about 300mil cash and thousand of unique/old school/true rares...and endless rare items of every type and 2 big house...!
I want to come back and play, my real life'll stay real! :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do a few EM events some of the drops fetch 1 billion each....i know its crazy....but its as simple as that.....and supposidly random who actually gets them now ??[no idea id thats true]......but u soon make what u lost very quickly..and placing a big 1818/tower or even a large keep is possible on 22/23 out the 27 shards...u may struggle on atlantic/gl /chessy and the odd japanese shard...the rest are pretty ok for even keeps!!...some of the quieter shards have emoty castle spots too...ive no idea what your home shard was/is.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! I agree with Smoot, try both clients and see which one you like. Despite what some might say, you can still have fun in Sosaria without amassing billions in gold. I guess it just depends on what you want out of it. Anyway I hope you have fun!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Welcome Home.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Welcome back, maybe try something different and start on Siege Perilous this time

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres still an event at Doom dungeon until 1st Dec. Dont forget to check it out as this will be gone prolly till next Halloween after 1st ;)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back! Enjoy your stay, pick up after yourself. :)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Both, done the same many times. I was contemplating coming back last week but didn't.

I dunno, come back to endless hours of grinding or live a fuller life?
You have to set limits, goals you can reasonably reach and still feel good about, admit you don't have the time and energy (or real-life money) to "compete" with some of those who make UO their whole life. I learned this after quitting and losing everything twice.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
signed :) and happy!
A lot of questions now lol
just one, clean up britannia when'll end??? thx!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Clean up Britannia is now permanent ..... they are always updating and adding to it! Wonderful thing now.

I would suggest you do yourself a favor and if your computer and internet will allow teach yourself to love the EC. When Pinco has his UI back up and running you will NOT regret it. The EC can do some truly amazing things. When I got a new computer I forced myself to get used to the EC and have never gone back.

If you need help with it or have any questions about the changes in UO just ask there are many wonderful people both here and in Gen Chat willing to help.

Welcome home.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hu? What You mean with EC???
EC= Enhanced Client. The reason I suggest it is because it has far superior macro systems compared to the old 2d client... infact it also will show you where to find the nearest healer to get a rez when you die... it will show you exactly where you left your corpse so no searching for it when you do finally get a rez and can return most easily.

You can filter what comes up when you hit ctrl+Shift for all names. You can filter by corpse, by item only, filter by NPC, Mobile, or whatever and if you are searching for your corpse in 100 corpse pile you can actually filter to your characters name to easily find your corpse in amongst 100 corpses. Drop something in your house and can't find it? Filter out all the crap so you can find that one item you dropped. Looking for something specific on the ground? Filter for just that.

Want to know where the heck that Teleporter tile is hidden? Filter just for that.

It's also good to be able to swap out your weapon and your talisman in one go. Die and get dressed again in your main outfit in the push of a button as fast as that. No more dragging stuff back onto your paperdoll when you die.... Yes even that annoying blessed stuff is back on in just the poke of one button. Set up a base template for your characters and drop and add your desired skills and macros in seconds.

Yes it does take some getting used to with some of the mobs looking "funny". But if you get over the way the mobs look you'll love it.

And if you are used to playing games like WoW and other things with the little boxes for stuff in your pack you'll love the EC. There is a box for everything and everything has it's place. No longer will your pesky ring drop under your spellbook and get lost... now you have a nice grid to find stuff.

You can adjust the size of everything so you can make your backpack bigger than your playwindow if you want..... also using the EC you won't be limited to having a play window the size of a postage stamp.. you can actually utilize your screen to it's full potential if you like. I play UO on a 46" HDLED TV.... it's awesome. Not only is my screen big but so is everything else. No more squinting to see what you got in your pack. The Enhanced Client maximizes play.

Yes it can be annoying at times and Yes you will have to adjust to the way things look. I do highly recommend turning OFF sounds like footsteps since they are extremely out of sinc with the game and the movement it can make things a bit weird. I turn off shadows and other things as well.... I also have overhead speach turned down to last about 5 seconds... this cuts lag dramatically.

Also the EC has a run feature that automatically navigates you around silly stuff like all the crap in fel... so you don't get stuck on every tree and branch all over the game. This can sometimes make it hard to go where you want to go when you don't want to avoid something like the stairs or teleporter but you get used to navigating pretty quickly.

Anyway the advantages of using the EC far outweigh the disadvantages and even further outweigh the old school look of the old 2d client. While yes I do prefer most of the mobs from the 2d to those in the EC... The benefits of the EC are just too great to let a silly little thing like that stop me from using it.

As I said give it a try and see what you think. If you have questions about setting up the EC and what all the functions are and do I'm always more than willing to give lessons and I do use Ventrilo so I am willing to spend the time talking you thru set up and macro making in the EC should you require assistance. I'm always willing to help folk who want to try it and convert to the EC get started.
That goes for anyone willing to give the EC a try. Just download the client and get it up and running and I'll be more than happy to run you thru the features and settings over Ventrilo. Just give me a PM if you are interested and we can set up an EC class.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry if i ask here but i dont remember...!
I placed a small house today but found a spot for a bigger house.
if demolish it now, I can place another home immediately after?
Hope "yes" :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes u can..as long as u placed it and didnt buy it...and it was over a hour between placements...what shard u playing btw

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic shard!

What you mean "and it was over a hour between placements"?
example:
i placed the house.
After 2 hours i found the spot, can i place it?

thanks for your help thp! :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The house is still up, i mean i didnt demolish it and
if i click on the "house placement tools" it say:

"You cannot place or receive a house because you have either placed a house, received a house, or set a house as primary in the last week. You must wait 165 more hours before you can place or receive another house."

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry if i ask here but i dont remember...!
I placed a small house today but found a spot for a bigger house.
if demolish it now, I can place another home immediately after?
Hope "yes" :)
NO!! If you demolish now, you have to wait 144 hrs....

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx Mandrake, i'll wait so, thx a lot!!!!! :)
A friend did that not so long, he placed - then demolished. And he had to wait 4 days I think to place again or so. Not exactly sure of how long it took - so wait til you can place again, find a new plot and move stuff to that new plot.

If you demolish now, you are screwed.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless things have changed (which they do); If you had placed your house ( as in not received it from another player) the demolition resets the house placement timer. The exception is the "hour between placement" rule which means that I you place a house, a timer begins that will not allow you to demolish an then resize or place in a new location for one hour. The demolition should intact resets the "seven day" rule as long as you placed the house. I did this myself but it has nearly been a year since I have tried this.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if uve placed a house u can demolish it and place another 1 hour later....total bollocks @mandrake

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For example i placed a 7x7 2-3 days ago set a shop up and sold holiday items...when i got enough gold i demoished the 7x7 and placed a keep....ready to sell....alas 3 hours after placing the keep i found an emoty castle spot...so dropped the keep then instantly placed the castle ...that was yesterday......today i sold castle...banked the gold ..... then was able to place another house straight after the sale....

u only get timed if u purshase a house!!! its a simple bloody rule

dont listen to silly crap.....u can place drop place drop all day long as long as u wait a hour between placements
take it form someone who as placed well over 100 castles....

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For example i placed a 7x7 2-3 days ago set a shop up and sold holiday items...when i got enough gold i demoished the 7x7 and placed a keep....ready to sell....alas 3 hours after placing the keep i found an emoty castle spot...so dropped the keep then instantly placed the castle ...that was yesterday......today i sold castle...banked the gold ..... then was able to place another house straight after the sale....

u only get timed if u purshase a house!!! its a simple bloody rule

dont listen to silly crap.....u can place drop place drop all day long as long as u wait a hour between placements
take it form someone who as placed well over 100 castles....
I do know on Siege you place, and then demolish you do have to wait out the timer. Been there done it Placed in malas a 18 by 18 I placed it 2 tiles off (ya ya I'm picky) Demolished it went to replace, got the tool message I had to wait to place. this was in May.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do know on Siege you place, and then demolish you do have to wait out the timer. Been there done it Placed in malas a 18 by 18 I placed it 2 tiles off (ya ya I'm picky) Demolished it went to replace, got the tool message I had to wait to place. this was in May.
u can place drop place drop palce drop...people scare folks to ****... as long as u dont buy... u can do this every freaking hour

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest way to test it, is go on tc1 and try it. As Michelle said, my friend did that late summer and had to wait out the timer before he could replace.

*Edit* - Seems other ruleset on TC1, they said 7 hrs between each houseplacement.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u can place drop place drop palce drop...people scare folks to ****... as long as u dont buy... u can do this every freaking hour
its a simle rule.....as long as u didnt buy it u dont get the timer....drop ya little plot and place the bigger one...simple simon

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whatever.... people have **** u up so u darnt try... while they simply go around placing... selling and replacing over and over again.... whatever i aint fussed only trying to help... ive told u the rules.. u can place drop place sell place drop place sell.... all day long ...im outta this crap talk...and btw TC1 aint sod all do do with shard placement

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but i wouldnt worry .. atlantics populous is dropping.. the 1818s u had to buy a year ago or becoming free to place again... every other shard as experainced this... welcome to the other 26 shards atlanticans

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
.. atlantics populous is dropping.. the 1818s u had to buy a year ago or becoming free to place again....
Really? I hadn't noticed that, but I've not been checking lately. Maybe time to look around again

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on tc1 i have ti wait 7 Hours, ho well, maybe dont have the real shard rule!
Atlantic players dropping? Damn all i have is there :(

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I know this, but seams not to imply to Siege housing ruleset I placed it dropped it, and couldn't place it til timer ran out. Yes I tried couple times hoping maybe it would clear but didn't.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The
Yes I know this, but seams not to imply to Siege housing ruleset I placed it dropped it, and couldn't place it til timer ran out. Yes I tried couple times hoping maybe it would clear but didn't.
Well the only time is messed for me..is when i placed a castle and sold it...placed another...relogged next day to find i still owned the first castle and there had been a 12 hour revert...managed to sell again the first went to try place the second castle again and i was timed out for 140 odd hours... gms refused to help...kinda pissed me off as the shard had reverted and wasnt my fault...oh well.. this is the only time the rules have been wrong for me in all my time