• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #49

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did I say illegal? Nope; I said legally gray. Went back and checked just to make sure.

I will admit, I was unaware of the current state of free to play servers and open sourced coding. And I'll also freely admit, I'm not a programmer, so a lot of this goes over my head, but wouldn't the use of the graphical assets be where the lines get blurry? ie, they're using assets that were created by OSI (and purchased by EA).
The ultimate issue at this point is profitability. Would it be profitable for EA to go after the free servers legally? Probably not. Does UO generate enough profit to warrant the expenditure? Personally I think the last thing we want to do is draw attention to that aspect. EA failed to take action against free shards when they were in proper position to do so. I think a lot of times the devs don't attack issues like free shards, rmt, and gold sellers. They may be under the impression that in this case the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease but instead gets replaced. Maybe they wouldn't be wrong in this case. I don't want to sound like one of those "uo will be dead soon" people, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if UO out lived me. Though eventually, like all things UO too shall pass.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Favorite thing around Halloween was fighting and collecting the named/colored armor and weapons... Some to keep and some to turn in. Last year they weren't going to have this style of event and when enough people complained they kind of threw us a bone with the fellowship armor... Its doesnt look like they are planning a armor/wep turn in event this year either.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of these people returning, your one chance to keep returning players and you blew it. Events are a cash grab, people want to do content on their own time. They don't want to be told when and be limited to 1 hour a week to have fun. I'd rather have content I can log in every night and do on my schedule. Is Mesanna so out of touch with her players she doesn't realize that most of her player base is fed up with the quality of publishes over the last 5 years. I remember being all excited after the 20th anniversary, the first couple publishes were going to provide so much content. Absolutely a train wreck since then, publish after publish of complete garbage. I really wish EA/Broadsword would just gut the current team that has become so complacent for a new crew that is eager to make a name for themselves.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is Mesanna so out of touch with her players she doesn't realize that most of her player base is fed up with the quality of publishes over the last 5 years.
Yes. From what I've seen, she mainly talks to the small minority of players who are fanatically positive about everything she does and worship the devs, plus the players who make real world money off the way things currently are who constantly suck up to her. So of course she thinks things are great when the only people she talks to consistently are making money off her, work for her, or are just happy with absolutely anything. Any significant criticism or complaints just get pushed off as not a big deal with a "well, can't please everyone" mindset. All you have to do is take a quick look over at the official UO.com forums to see that. Any thread with a substantial complaint is shut down and locked within 10 posts unless it's filled with positive things too like "oh I love this, and this, and these, and that...but this one thing I don't enjoy that much."

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. From what I've seen, she mainly talks to the small minority of players who are fanatically positive about everything she does and worship the devs, plus the players who make real world money off the way things currently are who constantly suck up to her. So of course she thinks things are great when the only people she talks to consistently are making money off her, work for her, or are just happy with absolutely anything. Any significant criticism or complaints just get pushed off as not a big deal with a "well, can't please everyone" mindset. All you have to do is take a quick look over at the official UO.com forums to see that. Any thread with a substantial complaint is shut down and locked within 10 posts unless it's filled with positive things too like "oh I love this, and this, and these, and that...but this one thing I don't enjoy that much."
I miss draconi.... Still have all his old jack-o'-lanterns named after him... Couldn't care at all after the Messana named junk everyone crazy about... Things were different then.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Better Idea, do away with EM events entirely since they nothing but a scam. Spend that time actually making permanent content (not seasonal). Secondly why is there still BOD's in UO, talk about a huge chunk of coding for something that could be done much easier through a simple quest chain. By the way noone fills BOD's legally or collects them legally, all been scripted since like 2001. But hey lets stop people from farming blackthorns cause that's important. I rarely even login to play anymore cause there is nothing to do thats even remotely fun or challenging. PvP is still completely broken, literally 99% of ATL pvpers use third party programs and none of them have been actioned, they are on everyday. Dev team is completely clueless about what anyone wants or likes in this game.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New options for EMs are internal tools for Broadsword and are not new player content.

EM events are not a substitute for global content. Many players can't participate due to scheduling or lag, and many won't because they have been turned off by the bad behavior that EM events are rife with. While new tools will be nice for the EMs I guess, this is not a universal events update and should not be presented as one.

At the 20th party Mesanna said that they were looking into tools to help players run their own events. I would far rather see this effort put there. Let players make our own fun.
Couldnt agree more. They are focusing on an area that's only active one hour per week. Priorities..

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EA DID NOT give away the code for FREE it was stupidly included on a disk so people could play off line as a stand alone game. All free servers are illegal no matter what you may think and yes EA in their own stupidity did not go after these free servers, are they still breaking the law, yes, but trying to get a judge after all these years to do anything would IMHO be a futile endeavor.
No, that's a myth. There was never a source code leak. Only the reverse engineered UO demo that included a lot of the server logic so it would work offline. Search for UODemo if you want to actually understand what happened in those early days of UO.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Couldnt agree more. They are focusing on an area that's only active one hour per week. Priorities..
Actually, it's at least two hours a month X every shard in the game, with several shards having weekly events. You should really try talking to your local EMs, I'm sure they won't bite!...probably...just don't come at them like an asshat.

Most of the EMs put in a crapton of work making a story to present to their shards, trying to fill in the game's general lack of a narrative (EM Malachi's awesome fiction notwithstanding) or building new areas for us to face weird monsters in...only to get shat on by the Kevins and Karens of UO. Really kids, they aren't paid enough to put up with your whiney, sanctimonious :moo: poop.png

Be happy we have EM events, even if you can't make them or happen not to like the story. They're far better than no events at all. If you continue to beotch, that will be the result.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, that's a myth. There was never a source code leak. Only the reverse engineered UO demo that included a lot of the server logic so it would work offline. Search for UODemo if you want to actually understand what happened in those early days of UO.
I know what happened in those early days of UO I was there were you. I still have all my old disks in storage, with that off line game and all the data provided in the game files people were able to make and run there own illegal servers. If UO never provided that off line versions then the illegal servers would never have happened, bottom line.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, it's at least two hours a month X every shard in the game, with several shards having weekly events. You should really try talking to your local EMs, I'm sure they won't bite!...probably...just don't come at them like an asshat.

Most of the EMs put in a crapton of work making a story to present to their shards, trying to fill in the game's general lack of a narrative (EM Malachi's awesome fiction notwithstanding) or building new areas for us to face weird monsters in...only to get shat on by the Kevins and Karens of UO. Really kids, they aren't paid enough to put up with your whiney, sanctimonious :moo: View attachment 108740

Be happy we have EM events, even if you can't make them or happen not to like the story. They're far better than no events at all. If you continue to beotch, that will be the result.
The problem with this is only it cuts out players without shard shields or dozens of hours to play and develop worthwhile characters on multiple shards.

Given your playtime only allows to spent most of your time on your home shard, it indeed down to 1 or 2 hours per week. On the other hand many players have voiced how they rather enjoy self paced events they can do on their own (like the currently active invasions, minax invasions, etc.).

Indeed the EM events are better than nothing, yet it still can voice what would be even better.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know what happened in those early days of UO I was there were you. I still have all my old disks in storage, with that off line game and all the data provided in the game files people were able to make and run there own illegal servers.
Well if you know what happened, you should put more effort into your wording to not make it sound plain wrong. Check that CD, you will only find a compiled version of the server. Which, as documented in the UODemo wiki, was reverse engineered heavly and provided a lot of insights into how UO works and as equally important provided a lot of high level game logic scripts. Yet its far from giving away the code "for FREE".

If UO never provided that off line versions then the illegal servers would never have happened, bottom line.
That bottom line I agree though :p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's a bit of a moot point now as to how it happened, it doesn't really matter, what matters is that they should have shut them down right away, even just one and most of the others would have gone away rather than risk being sued, but they didn't even bother to defend their own income from their own property. :(
It's even sadder that a lot of those free shards actually have some fantastic ideas and content made by people a lot less qualified than our own team, often the communities leave something to be desired though, it's not like Europa. :(

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel EM events favor the insiders/ pom pom wavers. They seem to have their own clicks/ friends. On Pac years ago we had events on Thursday night I could never make it because of work and helping my kids with homework.

Like others have said why put so much effort into something that leaves a lot of players left out and not permanent content. EM events also drop some of the most expensive items in game which once again only benefits those that schedule works to attend and has befriended the Powers above.

Once again we need a new leadership and new direction that befits everyone not just the few

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EMs are not DEVs they are independent part time employees of BS/UO who make extra non permanent content for the player base, go to them dont go to them that is your choice. I have never gotten a drop from an EM Event and I have been here 22+ years, I go to them for the fun and community. I love all these conspiracy theories just like everything else the power gamers figure out all the ways to do things so it is understandable that they get most of the goodies and have the most powerful chars. There are players cutting through all the Generals and getting all the spell books so I guess they must be some of the select few also.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I prefer a good long quest chain that allows me to run across several other side quests which keeps me distracted while I work through the main quest over time.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On Europa the EM events were usually on quite late in the evening which meant people who had an early start for work had to miss out. :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think what many people are saying is that they would rather EM events go away (along with all the 1 off pixel crack) in favor of global content updates; I would be in that group. As many have mentioned, the events are a specific time each week (I get it) but realistically many people have a lot of other things going on that doesn't allow them to make many events. Then in the off chance they do make time to attend the event, at least every single event I've attended is literally the same lag fest that ends the same way every time... a few death robes and no drops. The story is lost on most people because they are only concerned about getting a drop so they are running off the be the first one to hit the mobs.

So that said, I'm fine with missing out on the drops from events that are strictly a cash grab (literally 30seconds after the event is over you see people buying/selling the drop every week) but I don't want time/resources going into anything else event related at the cost of that time/resource being taken from a global event everyone gets to participate in whenever they want and be able to avoid the lag, the griefers, and just over time constraint for playing.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Most of the EMs put in a crapton of work making a story to present to their shards, trying to fill in the game's general lack of a narrative
Emphasis mine. That's the complaint. EM events are not a substitute for game content available to everyone. They are in fact, NOT better than nothing to many players since they can't participate anyway. It's not personal about or against any particular EM.

I do not necessarily object to the creation of better EM tools, especially if they free up dev time to focus on the rest of the game. What I object to is the way the newsletter seems to present internal tools limited to part-time contractors who produce periodic, short-duration, schedule-specific content as if they are a boon to the game as a whole, especially when they seem to be substituting for PLAYER tools that were discussed at the 20th party. That dev time would be better allocated giving us all new tools or content, not just a handful of people serving a fraction of the player base.

You are incredibly lucky that your shard has a long, stable, and solid EM track record well suited to your preferred playstyle. Most players aren't. You should appreciate that as much as you appreciate your EMs--and recognize that not everyone shares your luck rather than dismissing people's justified frustration with "Kevins and Karens" or rude emojis and telling everyone to shut up and be happy with a system in which they can't participate.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Most of the EMs put in a crapton of work making a story to present to their shards, trying to fill in the game's general lack of a narrative (EM Malachi's awesome fiction notwithstanding) or building new areas for us to face weird monsters in...only to get shat on by the Kevins and Karens of UO. Really kids, they aren't paid enough to put up with your whiney, sanctimonious :moo: View attachment 108740

For the most part, I don't think anyone is criticizing EMs personally or as individuals, so I think it's unfair to dismiss anyone who has a criticism of the current EM system like this. And a lot of the criticisms are actually things that could be reasonably solved by shifting the focus back to the original intent of the program.

The system IS flawed, and anyone who doesn't think so is either profiting somehow or has a really poor understanding of UO's potential.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are people operating under the impression that it's an either-or situation? Either we get EM events and some dev time devoted to updating their tools/abilities OR we get the devs churning out "content?"

Last year, regardless of what you think of the various changes, was chocked full of "content." They churned out more stuff last year than they did for the 20th Anniversary. And what did most people do? They whined about change. All. BLEEPING. Year. That people think they would be willing to do that again so soon is a little selfish. Yes, clearly they should be adding/fixing/changing things in UO and they are.

We'll get our Halloween and Christmas pixelcrack infusions with another Treasures of..., Artisan Festival and Krampus. They were talking about a quest system revamp, so who knows what surprises may lay in wait there. But gods forbid they work on something another subset of players might enjoy. Will all the non-PvPers complain if they took a publish or two to work on VvV? (Spoiler: Yes, they probably will.)

For frack's sake, we have a five-person team working from home using who-knows-what-crappy-collaboration program in the middle of a pandemic in our most dysfunctional city, don't expect miracles. Traditionally, the first publish of the year has been fairly light on content additions anyway.

Since we don't know what else is in 109 yet, save the torches and pitchforks till we do - or for the likely meatier fall 110 publish. Believe me, I'll be with the rabble storming the castle if they pull a stupid.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They churned out more stuff last year than they did for the 20th Anniversary. And what did most people do? They whined about change. All. BLEEPING. Year.
I agree that people will complain regardless of what global content is released. It's never going to make everyone happy but at the end of the day at least everyone will have the ability to try the content at a time that works for them and form an opinion. At the very least people will have something new to try before they really start complaining.

We'll get our Halloween and Christmas pixelcrack infusions with another Treasures of...,
We can't assume that because last year we didn't get that at all. It was a big miss IMO as a lot of people look forward to that every year.

Traditionally, the first publish of the year has been fairly light on content additions anyway.
Last year we had Triton's in the first release as well bounty hunting etc with the T-Map "upgrade" well in the works. We also had a playbook sent out early in the year to give us an idea of what to expect. This year has been far different, pandemic aside, because they have been very tight lipped about any releases or things in the works. In my opinion they have put a good amount more effort in adding things to the UO Store as opposed to actual bug fixing/upgrades (jewelry box filter).

For the record I'm 100% fine with them creating an EM tool to help them out but my issue with it is that they are actually trying to push it in the newsletter as some fresh content. It's already been said that EM Events will undoubtedly exclude people that can't log on during that very specific time; but another reason I have issue with it being passed along as a "hot new thing" is that players can't even use it so let's just say that I do partake in events; it's still not increasing my drop rate or chances of staying alive. The only people it's really helping are the EMs. I'd liken it to the Devs putting in the newsletter that we should be excited because all the Devs are getting new computers and better workstations post-pandemic.... cool but how does that improve overall game play to the general public? It doesn't.

My feeling is that 2020 is going to be a wash of a year content wise for UO which sucks (I could be wrong). It really annoys me to think that I've paid all year long to really get nothing new (as it seems right now) except for some recycled content. The first publish this year was primarily for IDOCS (a subset of people), the second publish appears to be for an EM Tool that players can't even use (but again only applies to a subset of people), and the third and typically "meatier" publish hasn't even given a slight teaser to keep people interested...and typically things go on autopilot after that for the rest of the year to begin work for next year. If there isn't some sort of global content released this year it's going to be a huge slap in the face of all the loyal UO subscribers that stuck around anxiously waiting for "the biggest announcement ever" for the game

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree that people will complain regardless of what global content is released. It's never going to make everyone happy but at the end of the day at least everyone will have the ability to try the content at a time that works for them and form an opinion. At the very least people will have something new to try before they really start complaining.
It's not a binary choice regarding content: either we get EM events or Global Events. We get both. Some years we get more of one than the other, it's been that way forever. This year, we're getting less on the global event end because they have "other things" in the works, hence part of why they turned on old content to satisfy people (something that a lot of games are doing right now). It's not ideal, I agree, but EM events aren't taking anything away from anyone.

We can't assume that because last year we didn't get that at all. It was a big miss IMO as a lot of people look forward to that every year.
Actually, we did, it was the Screaming Fleet and collecting their souls in the soulbinders for rewards. The armor collecting piece was just saved for the Shrine battles. The devs wanted to try something different that was on theme.

Last year we had Triton's in the first release as well bounty hunting etc with the T-Map "upgrade" well in the works. We also had a playbook sent out early in the year to give us an idea of what to expect. This year has been far different, pandemic aside, because they have been very tight lipped about any releases or things in the works. In my opinion they have put a good amount more effort in adding things to the UO Store as opposed to actual bug fixing/upgrades (jewelry box filter).
Last year's publish schedule was somewhat unique, a lot of it had been planned out the year before, so they had a jump on things. Again, the overall player reaction may have put a damper on their willingness to reveal plans like that again - which, while I can understand it, I don't personally agree with. The cone of silence mentality is fairly silly for a 23yo game. The days of trying to tantalize people with a carrot on a stick are long over, but it may be preferable to announcing something and then not being able to deliver in a timely fashion (or at all).

They pretty much have to add things to the store, it's kind of the whole point of its existence. Also, to be fair, that's pretty much just all art (from the artist, who doesn't do any code). Very few pieces have added new functionality to the game. So the dev overhead time is relatively low.

For the record I'm 100% fine with them creating an EM tool to help them out but my issue with it is that they are actually trying to push it in the newsletter as some fresh content. It's already been said that EM Events will undoubtedly exclude people that can't log on during that very specific time; but another reason I have issue with it being passed along as a "hot new thing" is that players can't even use it so let's just say that I do partake in events; it's still not increasing my drop rate or chances of staying alive. The only people it's really helping are the EMs. I'd liken it to the Devs putting in the newsletter that we should be excited because all the Devs are getting new computers and better workstations post-pandemic.... cool but how does that improve overall game play to the general public? It doesn't.
A player's inability, disinterest or unwillingness to attend an EM event doesn't mean they're "excluded." Exclusion requires intent. The player makes the choice whether to attend or not (Yes, having to go to work/school/whatever constitutes a choice). Everyone is welcome.

Allowing players to use EM tools would probably be a ****ing epic disaster, considering some of the character/pet names I've seen, or what some people do with bagballs and candelabras, say in general chat, etc.

They told us about them in an attempt to hype changes to the EM program and help keep it fresh. It benefits the general public by theoretically allowing for better events. (BTW EM event participation is FAR higher than virtually every piece of static content. You never see that many people fighting the invasions or any static spawn/boss) But without knowing exactly what the new EM tools are, who knows what we, as players, will or will not see. We can only speculate.

My feeling is that 2020 is going to be a wash of a year content wise for UO which sucks (I could be wrong). It really annoys me to think that I've paid all year long to really get nothing new (as it seems right now) except for some recycled content. The first publish this year was primarily for IDOCS (a subset of people), the second publish appears to be for an EM Tool that players can't even use (but again only applies to a subset of people), and the third and typically "meatier" publish hasn't even given a slight teaser to keep people interested...and typically things go on autopilot after that for the rest of the year to begin work for next year. If there isn't some sort of global content released this year it's going to be a huge slap in the face of all the loyal UO subscribers that stuck around anxiously waiting for "the biggest announcement ever" for the game
They've already told us what the new content will be for the 110 fall publish: Halloween, the two "Christmas" events and the dynamic quest system. There will probably be a publish in Dec as well. UO is full of subsets of players, all games are, UO's five devs can't possibly hope to satisfy them all at once.

They should never have pre-announced the "announcement," I think we've established that. It was a complete marketing fail which has only led to much angst and gnashing of teeth. It was worse than those teaser movie previews that are little more than overly dramatic music and a title card. But I don't think that players continuing to pitch a fit is going to encourage them to announce something sooner. In fact, I guarantee it will have the opposite effect.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya but the more permanent content they add at least every other year the more people will subscribe therefore allowing them to hire more people to do even more. Subs wont go up with game in basic maint mode. Its a simple business model that they fail to grasp.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of you are missing the main point here. Do not forget - this is UO devs and UO QC we are talking about. The previous EM bosses could do fun things like crash your PC with special effects or make your pet go wild. Ask yourself - what will they be able to do to you with new and improved tools?
Be afraid.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe the new tools will teleport all those railing gargoyle throwers to single-tile isle which is hencefore designated a no-recall no-fly zone for 2 hours. Should reduce the flapping somewhat.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was asked if they will be updating the approved 3rd party programs list they said they haven’t finalized it yet but they are going to
And if the Bane event would be turned on to get Bane dragons again they said no

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of you are missing the main point here. Do not forget - this is UO devs and UO QC we are talking about. The previous EM bosses could do fun things like crash your PC with special effects or make your pet go wild. Ask yourself - what will they be able to do to you with new and improved tools?
Be afraid.
Dont you forget that the so called UO dev team is working on two games. They have DAOC and UO. and I think that uo gets maybe 25 percent of the dev time. 50 goes to DAOC and the other 25 goes to water cooler talk.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont you forget that the so called UO dev team is working on two games. They have DAOC and UO. and I think that uo gets maybe 25 percent of the dev time. 50 goes to DAOC and the other 25 goes to water cooler talk.
No. You are wrong. DAoC has its own dev team.

UO used to share an artist with them, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was asked if they will be updating the approved 3rd party programs list they said they haven’t finalized it yet but they are going to
And if the Bane event would be turned on to get Bane dragons again they said no
Of course. Gotta protect the people selling them for cash.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM events are fun but unless you are going to dedicate a fair amount of time to building half decent chars across multi shards it's kinda not really open to all the players. It might be content but it's not off peak hours and it doesn't really help much except for the normal "selling event item" type player. I can see, however, how they think that the majority of the player base enjoys them as they do get decent people showing up but, sadly, it's all about the drop.

Much of the game could do with a small loot bump, there are lots of things to do but the rewards are lacking thus why people are feeling bored.

Again, people say they play the game, I can't see this as possible anymore.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're not the same group of kids that didn't have anything better to do so yes i feel they're out of touch with people that cannot sit and play daily for 16 hours. Some of us can't even play daily.

Idocs were usually early AM. I haven't done one in a long while so i wouldn't know about now. That knocks out those that work morning shift or graveyard.

Having everything so grindy questy knocks out those that have limited play time.