• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #36

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
5. What other features can we expect in Forsaken Foes?

We've got a number of High Seas themed features planned for our next publish, Forsaken Foes! Some of these include popular favorites like Anniversary rewards, Halloween Pumpkins & Trick or Treating items, as well as the Treasures of Halloween! Beyond that we will be taking a look at the Charybdis encounter, putting together some fresh loot on Corgul and Scalis, and adding new fish to the aquarium!

Ok Cogul and Scalis fresh loot.

Can it just happen that easy. Please No drama needed. just add fresh loot.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK, I am confused. In the notes it says, " The cannon updates and the plunder beacons have been so popular we are decided to leave them in as permanent features!" BUT, then it ALSO says, " While the Black Market is open today, it won't be forever so hit the High Seas and get those doubloons today!" What would the purpose be in having the plunder beacons, with no way to turn in chests for rewards????

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would the purpose be in having the plunder beacons, with no way to turn in chests for rewards????
For those who did not put enough in city coffers to run them for years?

Ya, they aint that much fun.

You did not read it well. I missed that whole paragraph.

The reward cargo will also come into play in the next chapter of our ongoing arc we began with, Rising Tide!
While the Black Market is open today, it won't be forever so hit the High Seas and get those doubloons today!

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am dreadful that a "revamp" to Corgul will come with said fresh loot.
I can see it now...

"Introducing our first Shardwide designed encounter - A revamp to Corgul! To provide an enhance community event experience we've changed the encounter to work as follows:

Players must form parties of 10 players, with all players working on a puzzle piece in tandem. When each piece is complete, the "master puzzle" is finished and delivers a small amount of damage to Corgul. The amount of damage can be increased based upon party members' Arms Lore skill. Parties of less than 10 will result in reduced damage output with a party of 5 doing 50% less damage. In addition, if any member of the party does not finish within a predetermined time, takes more than 50% of their health in damage, becomes invisible, dies or moves more than 16 tiles from Corgul, the "master puzzle" must be restarted. Any melee or spell damage delivered to Corgul will heal him, so sharpen those puzzle skills!

So, bring your parties, your healers and your wits and help rid Britannia of the Corgul scourge! Have no fear, 10 full parties should have only moderate difficulty completing this encounter in the alloted time!"

;)

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL they are worried about power creep now. HAHAHAHAHAHA They screwed that pooch long time ago with shame loot.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For those who did not put enough in city coffers to run them for years?

Ya, they aint that much fun.

You did not read it well. I missed that whole paragraph.

The reward cargo will also come into play in the next chapter of our ongoing arc we began with, Rising Tide!
While the Black Market is open today, it won't be forever so hit the High Seas and get those doubloons today!
Good point.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can see it now...

"Introducing our first Shardwide designed encounter - A revamp to Corgul! To provide an enhance community event experience we've changed the encounter to work as follows:

Players must form parties of 10 players, with all players working on a puzzle piece in tandem. When each piece is complete, the "master puzzle" is finished and delivers a small amount of damage to Corgul. The amount of damage can be increased based upon party members' Arms Lore skill. Parties of less than 10 will result in reduced damage output with a party of 5 doing 50% less damage. In addition, if any member of the party does not finish within a predetermined time, takes more than 50% of their health in damage, becomes invisible, dies or moves more than 16 tiles from Corgul, the "master puzzle" must be restarted. Any melee or spell damage delivered to Corgul will heal him, so sharpen those puzzle skills!

So, bring your parties, your healers and your wits and help rid Britannia of the Corgul scourge! Have no fear, 10 full parties should have only moderate difficulty completing this encounter in the alloted time!"

;)
:twak:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe this is a dumb question but.... are we going to get to test the new rewards on TC1 before they go live?? I just logged on and visited the black market pirate only to find none of the new rewards are available. They also didn't give any info as to what the plunder whip does... Anyone have any details on this?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The rewards will not be testable. It's far, far too late for that.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
180k points for the whips and they have some new mods aswell.
whip.jpg

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can't you use them? There's one for each weapon type..

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The reason the whips were desirable to me, was because the could be reforged and imbued. They could be reforged for 100% elemental damage, and then imbued with the desirable mods. These whips aren't worth S***! @Kyronix @Bleak How frakin hard would if have been to put the SAME whips as rewards?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh wow. Kyronix does not know what weapons need as stats. A weapon for those who don't take damage.

Nice Graphics!

upload_2019-6-1_10-46-7.png

upload_2019-6-1_10-46-48.png

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, not for Spellcasters....

There should have also been one with the "MAGE WEAPON 0" property (and Spell Channelling) so that Spellcasters could have also used it....