• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Music

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I am listening to a music called "Deathtrap Hallway" in the music folder of the EC.

Does anyone know if this music came with the EC or with, by any chance, Pinco's UI?

Thanks

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know but I want the soundtrack that was playing in Britain when the Kingdom Reborn client was still around..

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see songs available, have quest songs available from NPC bards in inns. If you have the appropriate music skill you could do a quest to replace the dull thump, thump, thump of the current drums with something more like RATM.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is and all the music and sound folder are from my UI :p
Pinco please, please, please you have got to tell me what the song is that plays at the log on screen in your UI? I love it and catch myself humming it, trying to learn the words.
Thank you in advance!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco please, please, please you have got to tell me what the song is that plays at the log on screen in your UI? I love it and catch myself humming it, trying to learn the words.
Thank you in advance!
The song file is Theme.mp3, and it's "You win or you die" by Karliene Reynolds

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Pinco how about the KR song playing in Britain in the KR video above(Post#3)? Do you have that song?

Anyone have their old KR music files still? :embarrassed:

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I gotta say everytime I hear Radgar the red sung in a game that won't be mentioned it cracks me up.

I wish some uo bards could come up with some lyrics.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
State of UO's soundtrack is among my favorite this-never-stops-to-amaze-me bits about the game. UO has a very good measure of profilic, nostalgic and well loved tunes.
... That are hardly ever used. Even 40 kbs midi version of Stones would be more welcome thing to hear than majority of the current void-of-soul blaargh.
Why Stones, for example, never appears in game at all is..incomprehensible to me. If it played on Login Screen, UO would have few thousand more players. I'm not even entirely kidding. You don't quit a game where log in screen sounds so beautiful. The song is like an invitation to classic, dignified adventure on worlds where sun is usually busy setting!

There are a lot of people who turn either sound or at the very least music off when playing video games. I've never really done that. To me, even an average soundtrack of a game adds to the experience and atmosphere. Modern day UO is among very few games where I actually have to turn music off. It is just too terribad. And plays too often. I believe this makes a serious problem that, on the other hand, would be very easy and cheap to fix.

Clearly it isn't even case of UO/EA losing the rights to classic Ultima soundtrack(s) in some weird way; Dawn's Music Box features many of the classic tunes that have been removed from game to make ample room for horrible songs everybody hates.

Last edited:

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Regarding to Music I wish we could have a revamped version of the older Midi songs Like "Stones" and "Creation".

Another nice feature would be to toggle on/off the War mode music only and not all music on/off.

Heck while we're at it why not be able to select which music from which expansion we want to play for each town, etc.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ Technically all this is possible by switching songs manually. It is quite tedious but entirely doable. I've done it few times and it has lead to odd crashers; I'm sure the classic UO songs I tried using had wrong ratio or whatnot.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco how about the KR song playing in Britain in the KR video above(Post#3)? Do you have that song?

Anyone have their old KR music files still? :embarrassed:
no music files has ever been released with the client, you have to search on the CC...
I think uoguide or stratics has a page where you can download them, try to do some search around :p