• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Logs] for admins

M

Morant

Hello everyone,
I created this thread for assistance by the admins.
I kindly ask to have a clarification.
I was put in jail for writing bad words in the alliance chat to a person isn't in alliance after being insulted by him in mode ON, I've done verbal Harassment to him.
But gamemasters they put me in jail, saying that I have offended this person in mode ON. I am pretty sure that I wrote in alliance chat.
Gamemasters say that the logs only record conversations in mode ON.
I am sure that is not so crazy and I are doing.
There is an abuse of power? What can I do?
I'm not crazy.

Thanks a lots

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may not be crazy, but if I dont miss my guess english isn't your first language.

1. What is "mode ON"?
2. There is no way to view those logs, they are saved server-side.
3. What exactly did you say? Since I asked, I wont yell at you for your reply, just censor it please.

B

Barracoon The Piper

Admin banned him because he wrote an insult to another player.

Morant says that he wrote that insult in the alliance-chat for his guild friend.
Admin says that Morant wrote in mode ON (mode ON = uhm.... to write words in the game to other character, over his head :D ).

In the log of the server, there is the insult.

The answer is:

In the log, do the server save only the public words (mode ON) or the alliance chat too?

(sorry for my english :eyes:)

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything you see in system messages and journal is saved. GM's have access to all that.