• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Log File

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I recently configured my client to log my journal events but I have a question and hope there is an answer. Right now, all of my character's journals are being logged to their own directory via an appeneded line in each character's uo.cfg file

C:\Users\[computer_user]\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\[account_name]\[shard]\[character_name]\logfile.log

Is there any way to have the log rotate so it does not become one big huge file? I would love a way to maybe time stamp each log file with say the time you logged in and the date so there would be individual smaller log files...

Ideas?

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You can create a scrip that will automatically rename the log after you log off for the day. Then since all log files are created automatically, the next time that you log into the game, a new log file should be created. However, you might have to re-append the line so that your character's log get created as you mention on your post. Hope this helps.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I have noticed all of a sudden, my log is being saved in what looks to be chinese .. I have deleted my log file and allowed it to be recreated and its still not in english.. any ideas about this? I cant see anything in my cfg that has it doing that and nothing I know of has changed. this is now annoying...

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Well, at first, i just purged the contents of my log file and it kept doing chinese and now i totally delted the file and have UO recreate it and its all in english now... go figure...

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You can create a scrip that will automatically rename the log after you log off for the day. Then since all log files are created automatically, the next time that you log into the game, a new log file should be created. However, you might have to re-append the line so that your character's log get created as you mention on your post. Hope this helps.
WOuld you have an example of such a script?