• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] New Fiction - Sosaria Sleeps

C

Cal_Mythic

First reaction is positive.

:thumbup1:

Was the reference to Harlan Ellison's "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" intended or accidental?

I have a definite soft spot for purely "teaser" fiction, and I have a soft spot for very disturbing things being jarringly hinted at but not actually seen. One example from another vehicle would be the Mayor of Sunnydale suddenly calling the principal of Buffy's school, right before a cut to the next scene. (Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans will remember this surprisingly-jarring moment.) Or in the movie Audition, which I have not seen but know something of, when the strangely-large burlap sack next to the female lead moves unexpectedly. You get the idea. When they are well done, such moments can be like a slap to the face.

One thing I should remind you of, though: Dawn has a husband that we never see. (I for one actually kinda like that we never see him.)

Nothing in this piece contradicts this. I don't think anyone assumes that they get to be together every night. It's kind of the price to be paid when your wife is the Queen; you don't see her a lot. So this is one of the probably many nights she spends without him, alone with her thoughts and her sword.

Just reminding you lest it's been forgotten, which is easy to do.

I suppose I could suggest a few editorial changes.

But I like this one.

-Galen's player
Intentional :)