• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] New 3rd Party Program Approved For UO: UO Mapper

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uomapper is so far behind uocartographer i don't personally see the point in continuing with it.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uomapper is so far behind uocartographer i don't personally see the point in continuing with it.
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but you are welcome to continue using whatever application best suits your needs. No one is mandating that you use Ultima Mapper (well, I'm certainly not). To believe that any piece of software is going to be entirely bug free with just a short amount of time in the public spotlight is a fallacy which you appear to place great stock in. I can assure that the application will improve, and the next release will address many of the problems/concerns that users have.

I wish you the best with UOCartographer.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First let me say that I really like this program and am grateful for you work. With a few fixes it will be AMAZING !!

Aside from the chat feature, tilt option and few others I haven't seen anything mentioned about the Mouse Scrolling Zoom.

If you zoom in and out using the menu options it works great (but takes to long). When you zoom out with the mouse scroll wheel it jumps from 90% to 10% which basically is the entire World Map. This has been incredibly inconvenient when trying to navigate the extended area around me. I'll be at 90% and see one of my buddies are just of screen, scroll back to zoom out and find him/her and BAM! The entire World Map is in my face. Will you consider changing the scrolling zoom ratio to be similar to the menu zoom ratio? I think this would be a huge improvement in functionality.

And again let me say thank you and great work. I want to make sure this post is more positive than negative because you are appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words. I was unaware of any issues affecting scroll wheel zoom. Could you please add this to the bug tracker at Ultima Mapper | Player Tracking Refined(second icon from the bottom on the left-hand navigation)? That way we can be sure to take a look at it.
Your post got me thinking so I checked my mouse settings, reduced the scroll wheel ratio and TAA-DAAA!!!!!

It works just like I had envisioned! TY Sir & anxiously anticipating the next update!

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your post got me thinking so I checked my mouse settings, reduced the scroll wheel ratio and TAA-DAAA!!!!!

It works just like I had envisioned! TY Sir & anxiously anticipating the next update!
Excellent! In my exhaustion, I forgot to mention that.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when is the next update going to be released and is there any word on when assist will get it's act together regarding api or whatever you mentioned earlier ?

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when is the next update going to be released and is there any word on when assist will get it's act together regarding api or whatever you mentioned earlier ?
I hope to have the next update out by the end of next week. It supports, among many other things, improved character tracking.

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to play the quick set-up on your website News | Ultima Mapper but it would not play. When I hit 'Next' nothing happens. When I hit "Cancel" nothing happens. When I tried to leave a comment there, I got some kind of text coppa error and the comment was not published (Might explain why there are no comments for your excellent program)

Cypher

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to play the quick set-up on your website News | Ultima Mapper but it would not play. When I hit 'Next' nothing happens. When I hit "Cancel" nothing happens. When I tried to leave a comment there, I got some kind of text coppa error and the comment was not published (Might explain why there are no comments for your excellent program)

Cypher
Cypher,
In order to post a comment, you must provide an answer for the Captcha. It's a random mathematical problem at the bottom of the form:
Comments.png

As for the attachment, there is no video. The website supports slideshows, but there was only one image, so the play button didn't do anything.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded Ultima mapper yesterday and got it to work exactly as it should. Now tonite when i logged in and opened Ultima mapper it is stuck on the little box that says # of clients # of servers and the only button that works is the cancel. What gives? When it was working it was great but now nada.

Edited...I should of went to the faq first. Im not sure how holding the ctrl button down works, but it did. Thanks so much. Great program.

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if mine is the same problem, but my UO Mapper seems to be 'off screen'. I cant get the map window to show up now. If I hover over the windows Mapper tab, the little 'Map' shows up, but I cannot get it to appear on the big screen. :(

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cypher,
In order to post a comment, you must provide an answer for the Captcha. It's a random mathematical problem at the bottom of the form:

As for the attachment, there is no video. The website supports slideshows, but there was only one image, so the play button didn't do anything.
Ok. I did the math problem but I still get captcha text error. Also, I still cannot get the flash to play.

I like that we finally have a supported map product. Keep up the great work!

Cypher

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. I did the math problem but I still get captcha text error. Also, I still cannot get the flash to play.

I like that we finally have a supported map product. Keep up the great work!

Cypher
try holding the ctrl button down as soon as mapper starts loading, this worked 4 me. ive logged and relogged several characters and mapper works great.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Downloaded it to get some fishing done.. pfft wont work on ether my lappy or my main. oh i get the screen up and all but it centered in the middle of lord b's castle and no matter what i do it wont move or follow me. big waste of my time....

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Downloaded it to get some fishing done.. pfft wont work on ether my lappy or my main. oh i get the screen up and all but it centered in the middle of lord b's castle and no matter what i do it wont move or follow me. big waste of my time....
If you are using the 2d client, you have to have UO assist.
You have to run it 'as an administrator (uoassist and what the heck, Ultima Mapper as well)
Click on "Settings" when you hit 'ok' you will get another pop-up. All the fields are blank, don't worry about it. Choose "Alternate" Choose it a second time.
Make sure map is centered on you. You may need to select "choose client" (then close it)
After doing all this, you should be tracked

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get an update on the status of Ultima Mapper?

Thanks!

Cypher
I also have been hitting the "Update Application" button in the Ultima Mapper program and checking the website hoping for an update. Website basically says the projected update timeline didn't happen because real life pay projects required his attention. Ok sure that makes tons of sense. No way do I expect someone to put this map utility before their lively-hood simply because it enhances my gaming experience. But I haven't seen a news update on the site and MadMyter's last post here was 19 days ago (and counting). I'm beginning to fear this may go the way of UO Cartographer. That gentlemen was also fast out the gate, replying to several posts all day... but all of a sudden dropped off the face of the earth.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cypher2 Thank you very much It is now working...

Paying job might have taken him out of home reach... some jobs do. I remember when my late hubby use to have to be ready to fly on less then 20 minutes notice, and would be gone anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks* for his job. Made for alot of interupted sleep and dinners I ended up calling off a dinner we had planned.
* Main Fraim in D.C. broke down.
Give him time, I know your chomping at the bit but rl comes first... remember that. Food on the table and rent needs to be paid and a game wont do it when its free work... :)

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cartographer guy must have died. That or jail. There are no other explanations for his disappearance.

W

Woodsman

Cartographer guy must have died. That or jail. There are no other explanations for his disappearance.
As opposed to UO Cartographer :gee:

This guy said on his website that he's got paid projects going on. Remember, he's doing this in his spare time for free.

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As opposed to UO Cartographer :gee:

This guy said on his website that he's got paid projects going on. Remember, he's doing this in his spare time for free.

Yeah, I was talking about the UO Cart guy. (dead and gone) I am optimistic that Ultima Mapper will continue to improve. :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I was talking about the UO Cart guy. (dead and gone) I am optimistic that Ultima Mapper will continue to improve. :)
I followed your instructions, and it still centers on Brit Castle, and it unchecks center on player. When I switch facets, it lines up with my character, but never follows after that.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not dead. Mapper is not dead. If you've been checking the Ultima Mapper website, there are new posts there. Version 2.o is just about ready to roll-out. I'm trying to get the rotated map in before launch (which isn't easy, as I've never been a fan of math...and no, contrary to popular belief, software development does not always require an advanced degree in mathematics). I've stopped checking this thread, as there are amenities in place on the Ultima Mapper website for bug tracking and feedback. Continuing to check this thread with the amount of posts that were coming in was only taking up more time that I could have been spending on development.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking forward to your update. In the meantime, someone posted a working UOAM so i will stick to that. Thanks for keeping us updated

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm not dead. Mapper is not dead. If you've been checking the Ultima Mapper website, there are new posts there. Version 2.o is just about ready to roll-out. I'm trying to get the rotated map in before launch (which isn't easy, as I've never been a fan of math...and no, contrary to popular belief, software development does not always require an advanced degree in mathematics). I've stopped checking this thread, as there are amenities in place on the Ultima Mapper website for bug tracking and feedback. Continuing to check this thread with the amount of posts that were coming in was only taking up more time that I could have been spending on development.
Please let us know if we can be of any additional support. What you're doing is a great thing for the game, and by keeping it free so everyone can use it just makes it that much better.
Gladly donate to something like this to keep it up if necessary.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooo... Pretty!

Might want to update your map though, Ver Lor Reg is a cratered wasteland, and Blackthorn's castle went all 'splodey...

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I plan to update the maps before the release goes out. Bigger fish to fry at the moment. ;) Glad you like the new user interface. Not done tweaking it yet, and there's still a bit of work to be done on rotation (overlays aren't currently positioned correctly), but that's a good representation of what you'll see when it ships.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to post an update. In just a few short minutes, once the compile is complete, Ultima Mapper 2.0 will enter closed beta. Once I'm satisfied with the beta period, it will be unleashed upon the world. So, your patience has paid off. It won't be long now.

On a side note: this version has, before going into beta, 16 new features and 18 bug fixes.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to post an update. In just a few short minutes, once the compile is complete, Ultima Mapper 2.0 will enter closed beta. Once I'm satisfied with the beta period, it will be unleashed upon the world. So, your patience has paid off. It won't be long now.

Awesome!! Great Job!!!

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another update: The beta has been released and is progressing. If you wish to join the closed beta, please send me a message here. Not everyone will be accepted (I can only handle so many reports at a time), so don't be disappointed if you aren't chosen. Beta testers will be added to the Special Thanks section of the about window, if that's a motivating factor.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am really hoping there isn't the bug with tracking that ALL of my guild mates experienced before. The new version looks awesome tho, cant wait to try it out.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really hoping there isn't the bug with tracking that ALL of my guild mates experienced before. The new version looks awesome tho, cant wait to try it out.
Thus far in the beta process, there have been 0 bugs reported with the actual application. One bug reported with the installer on 64-bit systems under certain circumstances, and that has already been addressed.

Edit: The entire process was streamlined a great deal for Version 2.0. This version will warn you if you start the application without administrative privileges, it automatically selects the first available open client for tracking, and the UOA API interface is greatly improved. The First Launch wizard prompts the user for all important information before the maps ever load, so you're ready to go without touching the Settings window.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta 3 (Build 37) for Ultima Mapper 2.0 went out to testers tonight, and it addressed the remaining bugs in the beta log. If all is well by midnight tomorrow night, Ultima Mapper 2.0 will be hitting the in-app update mechanism.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima Mapper 2.0 is officially out. To update, either restart Mapper, or right-click the map and select "Check for Updates"

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The menubar is currently static, since it replaced the right-click menu. I could, however, make it auto-hide. Looking in to that now.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK. Menubar and Client Selector auto-hide will be in the next version.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Working alot better than the last version. Any way you can also add from Carto/Automap - Doubleclicking enabling the "keep on top" + show window border?

Its kinda of cumbersome having to select each just to move it.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working alot better than the last version. Any way you can also add from Carto/Automap - Doubleclicking enabling the "keep on top" + show window border?

Its kinda of cumbersome having to select each just to move it.
Added for the next update.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MadMartyr you rock!

The new Ultima Mapper is fantastic. I like the functionality and the added "rotate map" feature makes this perfect for me.

Thanks.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MadMartyr you rock!

The new Ultima Mapper is fantastic. I like the functionality and the added "rotate map" feature makes this perfect for me.

Thanks.
Awesome. Hearing nothing but great things and feature requests.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive been having a bunch of people in my guild try it out. Another request from a guildy is that the window is too big and it does not let you make it much smaller like you can in carto/map. Not a gigantic issue, but they wanted me to post it nonetheless.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been having a bunch of people in my guild try it out. Another request from a guildy is that the window is too big and it does not let you make it much smaller like you can in carto/map. Not a gigantic issue, but they wanted me to post it nonetheless.
Yes, that request has come in a few times. It'll take a bit of work to add an expansion chevron to the menubar for when the width is too small, but I think we can accomodate that. ;)

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, next release will have a minimum width of 210 pixels, and a minimum height of 175 pixels.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed UltimaMapper and it's repeatedly switching to showing me east of Yew in Felucca, and switching to Malas shows the edge of a landmass with 90% empty black space even with it set to center on my character which is by the bridge south of Luna. What the hey did I do wrong? :

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed UltimaMapper and it's repeatedly switching to showing me east of Yew in Felucca, and switching to Malas shows the edge of a landmass with 90% empty black space even with it set to center on my character which is by the bridge south of Luna. What the hey did I do wrong? :
Are you running multiple clients? Classic client or Enhanced? What Operating System (Window XP, Vista, 7)?