• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] FoF: Happy Friday!!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welp, two items involving thieves. The question on dex was tested by Neon Ninja years ago, so I'm not sure why it took this long for the devs to publish this.

Too bad on the FE stuff not helping detectives much. Active detectives on a shard certainly make the game play of it's thieves more interesting...la

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame about this item.

Why are faction guilds allowed to be allied with non faction guilds? This is a huge imbalance on the fighting field.

They shouldn’t be able to, this is a bug and will be squashed appropriately. If your faction guild is allied with a non-faction guild, please drop the alliance before we do.
-Draconi
As I recall, the story of this was that, when the alliance system was created, they mistakingly didn't exclude Faction guilds and non-Faction guilds allying. It didn't seem to be an issue so they just left it in after it was pointed out to them.

Eventually, this became specifically allowed. Then something was changed, and existing alliances with Faction guilds would still work, but new ones couldn't be created. Draconi said he'd fix it, I believe. (Not 100% on that actually. May have just been wishful thinking on my part.) There was some exploit that got you around what we all thought was a bug. (Think about how weird that concept is for a moment. An exploit that gets you around a bug.)

Now we find out that it's being allowed at all is back to bug status.

Oh well.....

My opinion, however, is that it's actually good to have Factioners and non-Factioners able to ally. I think that Factions benefits when it can be better-embedded into life on the shard, as opposed to being an isolated, self-selected group. Which is why I'm glad Factioners can be healed in Trammel and why I wish Faction titles could be shown in Trammel.

But oh well.

-Galen's player

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( Forced splitting up existing alliances, that been going on for ages ??

I do not get it...but if this happens it will make a mess of us on Siege for example TNT factions most of em are allied to Guardians of MYTH roleplayers, mages, crafters, mostly non pvpers, ie utterly non factioners are in MYTH... yet we been each others allies, thus allied for ages, them in vent share the same vent, share same guild forums ie friends, whom have very different in game play styles; yet allies, and now they gonna force us to separate w/ forced unalliances of alliances that we had for ages ?

F

Fink

First question was a complete waste; all of that is covered in the clarification thread. I'd rather know what happens to the non-craftable/smeltables like orc helms/masks, tribal and animal masks, pitchforks and so on, as under the current definition these aren't Imbue-able.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I see everyone complaining about bugged Quivers will get their wish fulfilled.

"At this time we would like to ask all players to page in if they have a “bugged” quivers. If you page in yourself, our GMs are able to fix these. The GMs do ask for your patience as the fix may take some time. Please be advised that if another player pages in on you for having a “bugged” quiver, your account may be subject to punitive actions."

S

Stratic Fanatic

Welp, two items involving thieves. The question on dex was tested by Neon Ninja years ago, so I'm not sure why it took this long for the devs to publish this.
Im happy, that was my question I sent last Thursday :)

Ive heard you mention it before on the theif forum but wanted to hear it from the horses mouth. (I made a new gimped up 850+skill theif and didnt want to waste all my stats on dex if it wasnt necessary. Imma need the mana.)

The FE answer isnt to my liking though. I just GMd it in hopes of doing more than...er, well "knowing" whos a theif. Hopefully I can put that knowledge to work sometime in the future. I would like for theives to turn grey to me. Would make things soooo much funner and the skill would be useful again.