• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] All Shards to be Published

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UPDATED: All shards will be brought down for publishing at 3PM EDT. Expect the downtime to last approximately 1 hour. Also added a couple more notes.

UPDATED: All shards will be published tomorrow, October 29th - NOT during maintenance. Exact ETA will be available tomorrow

UPDATED 5:18PM CDT: added a note about the solen hive issue

More...

C

Connor_Graham

Shouldn't this read the shards will go down at 3PM EDT today?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, well since that seems to have happened it might be redundant. Have you had a chance to check on damage stacking with undead slayer weap and new totem?

Someone was asking in another thread.

5% Luck

Now when they say haloween event ending on the 17th does that include magicina or just khuldun and the graves?

C

Connor_Graham

LOL, well since that seems to have happened it might be redundant. Have you had a chance to check on damage stacking with undead slayer weap and new totem?

No I haven't. I'd forgotten all about it. I'll check it out once the shards come back up.

A

Anon McDougle

Would it not make sense to post this info in huge letters on the log in screen i read stratic everyday a lot but didnt see this many many many dont ever come here how would they know this was happening ??

M

Moonstar

Fixed some issues with instanced corpses on the Crimson Dragons
what does this mean?
*crosses fingers for no-more free for all shared loot*

X

Xel Naga

I must say, I'm very impressed with the new direction EA/Mythic are taking UO in.

It seems they both got more budget and are indeed trying to make the game better now instead of how it felt like before of just letting the game die off so they can take UO's budget and put it towards another game.

Love seeing positive fixes and immediate responses to bugs that arise instead of the old attitude of sweeping it under the rug or waiting till it's too late and exploited to hell to fix it.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

D

Der Rock

UPDATED: All shards will be brought down for publishing at 3PM EDT. Expect the downtime to last approximately 1 hour. Also added a couple more notes.

UPDATED: All shards will be published tomorrow, October 29th - NOT during maintenance. Exact ETA will be available tomorrow

More...

i hope they fix the skelleton lich also
every 12h for a talisman/book droop is boring,the loot from the SL is also monbat loot :(

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

More...
WOOT! I like UO calendar. Today is October 30th, tomorrow will be October 29th. I bet UO:SA was released few days ago.

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this publish is fantastic and don't care about a simple typo at all.

THANK YOU DEVS, MYTHIC and EA for showing us LOTS OF LOVE!!!

*bows low*

Happy Happy :thumbup1:

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Actually it is not an error, this was posted on uo.com yesterday and was just updated with more info...

I

Infiniti

I think this publish is fantastic and don't care about a simple typo at all.

THANK YOU DEVS, MYTHIC and EA for showing us LOTS OF LOVE!!!

*bows low*

Happy Happy :thumbup1:

Agreed. I love all the attention that UO is getting now and crosses fingers that it is kept up. :thumbup1:

C

Connor_Graham

I did some testing and I'm not seeing that it's stacking, but I could also be at the damage cap so wouldn't see it, so I'm not too sure on this one.

What I WOULD like to know is if I equip a Demon Slayer bow AND the Undead Slayer talisman, am I essentially using a double slayer? That would be very cool for Doom if that was the case.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty happy with this publish, and definately pleased with the quick response to these bugs. Bugs will always appear, even after good testing procedures since it's hard to duplicate every situation and interaction that could affect the code. The response to those bugs is what is the most important, and what most people will remember.

The events are fun. We have Trick or Treating, Pumpkin Patches, and the Sicarii Quest for Halloween. Magencia too! Plus the story arc with the Shadow War. There is definately something for everyone and all playstyles to enjoy. :)

Thank you Devs and everyone on the UO Team for these fun additions!