• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Halloween Decorators Contest 2008 Rules

F

feath

UO Halloween Decorators Contest 2008.

Rules;

Contest dates;
Submittal deadline date has been extended to Oct 4th!

Sep 1st - Oct 4th [submittals] -
conceive, develop, create and send a picture to feath at [email protected].

VOTING SITE; http://www.uodeco.com/

you do not need to register with the site to vote.
one round of voting from October 5th thru October 14th.
top 5 winners announced October 15th.

email requirements -
in subject title, have your char name and shard: example; feath [europa] deco entry 1
you can submit up to 3 entries, but each must be submitted in it's own email. 1 deco photo entry per email!
always use the same email when emailing me, for better communication.
Any entry entered before sep 1st, or past oct 4th, will be deleted without opening, and not responded to.

picture limitations;

Bats and witches are aloud!
no more than 3 entries per person.
pictures no larger than 600x600, .JPG only, go easy on the pixel count.

Questions answered;

Due to the extension of the submittal closing date, anyone who sent their pictures in already may change them if they so desire. Just be sure to send in the new pic with the correct registry number for it!

you can design/create your entry in TC, but it may NOT be submitted. Designs must be created on any OSI shard, besides TC. This is to keep TC users having unfair advantage in resources.

house modifications okay - but will not have separate category from pure item 'deco'.

if i think of anything not mentioned, or need to answer any questions, or we all agree to change something, the rules will be updated.

T

Teeshy

ooh, ooh! Can I ask, just as most likely the only person left on the planet who connects with 28k dialup - PLEASE no .png images! Cos those things always end up massive, and I wanna be able to see the entries too! =P

F

feath

ooh, ooh! Can I ask, just as most likely the only person left on the planet who connects with 28k dialup - PLEASE no .png images! Cos those things always end up massive, and I wanna be able to see the entries too! =P
JPG only, then! how hard can that be? ;)

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prizes?
How are you voting?
Is it more towards design or decor, or only decoration?

Thanks.

F

feath

Prizes?
How are you voting?
Is it more towards design or decor, or only decoration?

Thanks.
Voting is still in the works - i'm looking for something that gives blind voting, so peeps dont see who's getting votes already.

prizes are going to be donated, but they will be something nice, and will be engraved so mouse over shows the winner!

it can be a mix of design and decor or only decor. there will not be 2 categories however, so they all entries will be in direct competition. it can be a single little item, or it can be a room or exterior house shot. but it has to fit on one 'snap shot'. 3 entries total per person.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it can be a mix of design and decor or only decor.
Now you've said it feath... it's a good thing I have my TC plot or I'd be getting slightly irritated. I have too much "Goes-to-the-moving-crate-when-customizing" crap in my house... :D

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, what shards are acceptable to enter? All OSI servers? Including or not including Test Center? And will the prizes be delivered on the shard of the entry, or the server the winner wishes?

Thank you.

F

feath

All OSI shards will be accepted, but NOT test center. i don't think it would be fair that those who used TC could use unlimited and unfinanced resources, compared to those who dont use TC.

prizes can be picked up on europa, or they will be delivered to the shard of the winners choice - either where the the deco was made or not - doesn't matter, the price of moving it is the same.

Faeryl, you can design the house on TC, to limit wastage in actual building, but it has to be made on another shard for the entry.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll redesign my Atlantic house for the actual contest, but just for the "coming up with the design" I plan on using TC since I literally just finished deco'ing my Atl house, and am too lazy to do it again, and again, after every attempt at an entry ;)

F

feath

I'll redesign my Atlantic house for the actual contest, but just for the "coming up with the design" I plan on using TC since I literally just finished deco'ing my Atl house, and am too lazy to do it again, and again, after every attempt at an entry ;)
good idea - and boy, i don't blame you! :D

A

Amathist of PoC

WOOT have passed the details onto my guild have you concidered posting on The Lost Lands forums too. Or event getting WRR to advertise the event?

F

feath

WOOT have passed the details onto my guild have you concidered posting on The Lost Lands forums too. Or event getting WRR to advertise the event?
i've contacted WRR and i think lost lands is being contacted by another party - however, feel very free if you know anyone in lost lands to let them know about the contest! thanks :)

for that matter, anyone knows of a group of people who would be interested, let them know!

P

Piper Everwood

Ok I have never posted a pic or screenshot. What ever u want to call it. Can some one please leave details on how to post the pic of the finished house? I would be very grateful. Thank you.

F

feath

Ok I have never posted a pic or screenshot. What ever u want to call it. Can some one please leave details on how to post the pic of the finished house? I would be very grateful. Thank you.
There is no need to. photo entries will be mailed to me (see first post) and they will all be posted by someone, in one thread (or more if needed), without naming the person who made it.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I think I get it..

To avoid people posting 2304982048 screenshots for each house, you limited it to one. However! You're allowing THREE "entries" per person.. These can be the same house, just different floors/views etc?

If I got that wrong then..

Can I use one 600x400 picture and split it into different sections highlighting other areas of my house? It's only a 10x10..

F

feath

Contestants can send in up to 3 entries.

those 3 entries can be anything - a single item 'goblin', for instance. now they got 2 more entries they can send. or, limit themselves just to the one they got. you don't HAVE to send 3. you can send 1, 2 or 3 entries.

lets say, they want an exterior shot of the house, too. thats 1 more entry.
but they love the first floor... so there is 3 entries.

really no point in sending 2 entries of one thing, just from different angles. contestants are wasting an 'slot' sending 1 item, two times.

hope this answers your question.

F

feath

me, finally lol
testing out my idea right now. i fluctuate between thinking its brilliant and utter rubbish.
*sigh*

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing with a few ideas, none of them have turned out remotely as I had imagined, so... Back to the drawing board (again)

Edit: To get this out of my system... Whoever put in the cherrywood walls without windows is EVIL.

I feel a little better now.

F

feath

Voting site; http://www.uodeco.com/

Click the link to vote - or click the link to go look at the new deco page, with lots of ideas up, and more coming every day! (new site, so very much a WIP)

Halloween entries will go 'live' on the 11th. You can look (and bookmark!) but none of the entries will show until then. Have you got your entry in? only 4 days left to do so! yikes!

Did Johnny really challenge the Devil to a fiddling contest?
Does the Devil wear Prada, or just some exceptional half boots?
Imps - It's whats for dinner?
Take a walk on the dark side - it's... darker!
Roof top art - it's ... large!
Character costumes - Frankenstein? Bunny? V? Matrix? So many things to chose from!

C

Crystal Canyon

updated rules.
ACK! I just noticed that the rules have been changed and the dates! I have already sent in one entry but was not quite finished with it to tell you the truth...I was wanting to add more but didnt have the time to edit before original deadline.

Is there a possibility of scrapping the first entry and sending in the modified version?

F

feath

ACK! I just noticed that the rules have been changed and the dates! I have already sent in one entry but was not quite finished with it to tell you the truth...I was wanting to add more but didnt have the time to edit before original deadline.

Is there a possibility of scrapping the first entry and sending in the modified version?
yes, you can. I'll post a little note on the first post... but I've been adding this bit to all the entries since the change;

additional info;
The deadline has been extended to Oct 4th. If you felt rushed getting this entry in (thank you!) you may change the entry up until the deadline. Just be sure to use the correct registered number!

T

Teeshy

Oops! I've been so busy witht he new plants that I totally forgot about this! =o

Wonder if I can think of something 'tween now and tomorrow? =P

Halloween isn't somethign "celebrated" here, so it's not been on my mind at all either =P

F

Flora Green

It's on my mind and I wanted to submit something, but the couple things I tried didn't turn out as I liked. I can't wait to see everyone else's submissions though. :)

M

MagrothPac

Is there going to be a contest again this year? I missed out on this last time, and I have a splendid mansion that is four floors of terror...

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll be running one this year. Details will be announced later this month.