• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updates from the UO Team

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Feb 19 19:49 GMT
Good afternoon Everyone.

Wanted to let everyone know it is safe for everyone to customize your houses again. We have fixed the existing issue we were seeing.

The team also wants to tell you that we have made a change to the way the In-game codes are accepted and you no longer have to worry about changing the formatting around. You can copy and paste the code in game exactly how you get it from Origin from now on and the game will auto correct it and recognize the code if it is a valid code. If anyone has any issues with claiming codes in game please let us know.

Thank you for your patience this morning while we worked on Atlantic and getting it back up.

UO Team

Continue reading...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well Done!

*Tips a Glass of Good Old Moonglow Red towards the east*

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now i call that service.... a repair and a few bugs removed at once...

Lol so 48 hours of dev silence working on lord knows what only to come out and say they fixed a housing bug and corrected the format of their codes (which has been around for months, entirely their fault, and an embarrassment that it even went live) and you call that good service?

I don't call cleaning up obvious mistakes "service." It's called doing your job. Thanks for the lack of communication again devs

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol so 48 hours of dev silence working on lord knows what only to come out and say they fixed a housing bug and corrected the format of their codes (which has been around for months, entirely their fault, and an embarrassment that it even went live) and you call that good service?

I don't call cleaning up obvious mistakes "service." It's called doing your job. Thanks for the lack of communication again devs
i got it, here ya go.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
We all learned to live with the errant code format because deep inside we knew that it was not going to get fixed........................well..................Now we have Broadsword in the house. This is good. Something got fixed. The jury is still out but my sense is that we are going in the right direction.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Martel you and Orgional are so perfect in your work that you can do better?
Hmmmmm?
Perfect??
Quiet might mean they are working on it dont you think?
I dont know about you but when I work on something I need to keep my head on what I am doing and disruptions do take my mind away from what is needed to be done.
When I said service... it was not expected for them to add in the code fix or the house fix.
I just expected them to find and repair the trouble with Atlantic.

This was unexpected and welcome news.
What did you do.... you bit the hand of the people who did it with the snide remarks.

Have you ever thought to do what we the people of UO should do when Broadsword took over?
Which is give them time to be an effective force in UO.

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously gotta wonder about people getting all worked up over "dev silence"

You think they be used to it by now because the silence has been much longer than 48 hours in other circumstances. lol

Truly this was fixed pretty quick when it came to the housing bug issue in my book.

I guess some would like to see constant communication as some other modern MMO's do now days but with the move and the change from Mythic to Broadsword this issue was fixed really quick :)

However I do have to agree with the job remark. Thats what they are paid to do. Service is more like dealing with CS rep. Not a dev re-coding and fixing issues with a game. It may be looked as a part of the service by some but not by me.

Can we all do a Stevie Wonder and be happy no matter the personal opinions of service or job? :)

It be like me banging my head on the computer when I see people use the word lose ( as losing in a fight ) and meant to use the word loose ( as my pants are loose on me) or vice verca. :p My biggest pet peeve ever!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And yet my friend still can't return to UO because the stupid Account Management system thinks his account is already linked..... but what is there is linked alright but it's NOT his UO account... least not anymore...... it now thinks it's a DAoC account despite the "_uo" after his account name...

And we wonder why people don't come back to UO. They CAN'T. Because the Account Management System is a P.O.S. and has been a frustration for 99% of the community... It forgets to bill us, double bills us, doesn't inform us if it can't bill us allowing our homes to go into decay and fall randomly, it doesn't like to accept CC changes, doesn't like to take codes properly, switching accounts to DAoC when clearly they are UO accounts, etc... He has NEVER played DAoC nor ever made a DAoC account EVER.

Someone over there needs FIRED... and a good swift kick in the A$$... right out the door. After fighting with this issue for 3 days now... I doubt my friend will EVER come back.

And before you ask YES he tried the online chat assistance...... they said they can't help him... They directed him to another helpline..... which only takes EMail..... (he has yet to get one).... He tried getting them to call him.... He has gotten NO CALL.... I've now emailed Mesanna x2... far as I know the issue is NOT resolved. It should NEVER take more than 30 minutes to create a master account, link your account, and get it up and running again.

I can't stand the runaround that is given when trying to get assistance. I ought to be able to call up and resolve the problem in a matter of minutes. I should NEVER have to wait days or weeks to get an account up. As it stands he's pretty fed up and will likely NOT return and never try again. I can't say I blame him for being upset. I'm upset. He has NO intention of starting over with a new account either and I can't say as I blame him there either.

Until THAT issue is resolved and the Account Management System is given a SERIOUS fixing I will not EVER ask another friend to return to UO. I'm sick and tried of having to spend hours on end on something that ought to be easy as 1, 2, 3. And I should NEVER have to worry about being billed twice, not getting billed, or having my account end without notice.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just promise the poor hard done to folks on atl [ its never happened on another shard ever!!] another unique gift to say sorry....something like a jolly roger flag!!..then forget it about it again...muahhaaa...whatever ...lol

Last edited:

hazrad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that mean the server rollbacks will stop happening now? I've seen rollbacks twice in 2 days as far as I can notice, lost 1 hour or so of time... it was starting to remind me of UO 1997 again :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And yet my friend still can't return to UO because the stupid Account Management system thinks his account is already linked..... but what is there is linked alright but it's NOT his UO account... least not anymore...... it now thinks it's a DAoC account despite the "_uo" after his account name...

And we wonder why people don't come back to UO. They CAN'T. Because the Account Management System is a P.O.S. and has been a frustration for 99% of the community... It forgets to bill us, double bills us, doesn't inform us if it can't bill us allowing our homes to go into decay and fall randomly, it doesn't like to accept CC changes, doesn't like to take codes properly, switching accounts to DAoC when clearly they are UO accounts, etc... He has NEVER played DAoC nor ever made a DAoC account EVER.

Someone over there needs FIRED... and a good swift kick in the A$$... right out the door. After fighting with this issue for 3 days now... I doubt my friend will EVER come back.

And before you ask YES he tried the online chat assistance...... they said they can't help him... They directed him to another helpline..... which only takes EMail..... (he has yet to get one).... He tried getting them to call him.... He has gotten NO CALL.... I've now emailed Mesanna x2... far as I know the issue is NOT resolved. It should NEVER take more than 30 minutes to create a master account, link your account, and get it up and running again.

I can't stand the runaround that is given when trying to get assistance. I ought to be able to call up and resolve the problem in a matter of minutes. I should NEVER have to wait days or weeks to get an account up. As it stands he's pretty fed up and will likely NOT return and never try again. I can't say I blame him for being upset. I'm upset. He has NO intention of starting over with a new account either and I can't say as I blame him there either.

Until THAT issue is resolved and the Account Management System is given a SERIOUS fixing I will not EVER ask another friend to return to UO. I'm sick and tried of having to spend hours on end on something that ought to be easy as 1, 2, 3. And I should NEVER have to worry about being billed twice, not getting billed, or having my account end without notice.
I feel your friends and your pain, the only thing that could be worse is try doing it from Australia or somewhere not on the Nth American continent. The cost is exorbitant.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I feel your friends and your pain, the only thing that could be worse is try doing it from Australia or somewhere not on the Nth American continent. The cost is exorbitant.
I can well imagine. I'm fit to be tied... I just can't understand why the stupid thing has to be so frelling complicated and how it can be that )*)*(& difficult to get help.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had over the last year or two friends try to get accounts up and ultimately fail and give up...
The Account Management is so horrible that it can make you ill in the attempt to get your accounts on!
You all know i have 53 accounts and when a CC needs to be changed out its utter hell... if you do more then 3 the card gets declined and the system will not allow you to use it again and that includes the Origin Store...
You have to call them or get them in chat tell them you need the card whited out of the system.
The Fraud alert even goes to your bank and can cause you all sorts of hell there too.
Why cant I have them all on one master account... had i known the limit was 9 the grouping of entrys would have been different!
I now have more e mail addresses than I want much less need!
You cant get the bloody master account things to work half the time.
How hard can it be to make a decient billing system work?
This is yet another EA cluster muck...
I want to buy more then 1 item at the Origin Store... ha ha ha right.... as if
I for one am sick to death of it.. and i know i am not alone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have had over the last year or two friends try to get accounts up and ultimately fail and give up...
The Account Management is so horrible that it can make you ill in the attempt to get your accounts on!
You all know i have 53 accounts and when a CC needs to be changed out its utter hell... if you do more then 3 the card gets declined and the system will not allow you to use it again and that includes the Origin Store...
You have to call them or get them in chat tell them you need the card whited out of the system.
The Fraud alert even goes to your bank and can cause you all sorts of hell there too.
Why cant I have them all on one master account... had i known the limit was 9 the grouping of entrys would have been different!
It's the worst thorn in my side than anything else about UO and sadly hearing that Broadsword took over UO and won't be doing anything about the issues there makes me want to scream. Those two websites are the two WORST and are the things that need fixed above all else and why in the ()&(*&(*&()* EA doesn't see this is beyond me.

I went all the way to raising hell with the CEO's writing to them numerous times and complaining about their crapA$$ ways of doing service...... I filled out at least a dozen surveys telling them that the Mythic Master Account Service and Origin store are the two biggest reasons they ARE THE #1 WORST company in the US of A..... And they will REMAIN that way until those two entities are fixed by someone with higher than a second grade intelligence level. Like I said it sure ain't rocket Science to figure out that an account ending in "_uo" is NOT a DAoC account.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mal EA is not giving away its cash cows money, just the game running.
EA has a thing for scraping evey dime it can before distroying the maker... Saw something the other day that surprised me... we didnt know it but a little fact slipped in talking to a associate about EA that was very informative. There is rumor mind you our once top population was near a million players.... and that marketing estamates us at around a low figure of 300k now.. If this is true... we still make EA alot of chump change. Thats if you can get in the damn billing system and have it take your damn CC!!! hehe I have to laugh or sit here and cry about it... I am so tired of arguing with a stupid web page that has little reguard for my temper...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pffft...

getting real sick of logging on, doing stuff, atlantic crashing... then logging back on the next time like whatever i did didn't happen.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Double like, heck no, triple like, heck no a million times like!!! The account management is totally and absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen in my life and that's a long time. If I had ran my business in my younger years before I retired the same as this I would be in the poor house now. Good grief, listen to what people say, there are sure enough of them on these forums to make you understand you have a major problem, no??????

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mal EA is not giving away its cash cows money, just the game running.
EA has a thing for scraping evey dime it can before distroying the maker... Saw something the other day that surprised me... we didnt know it but a little fact slipped in talking to a associate about EA that was very informative. There is rumor mind you our once top population was near a million players.... and that marketing estamates us at around a low figure of 300k now.. If this is true... we still make EA alot of chump change. Thats if you can get in the damn billing system and have it take your damn CC!!! hehe I have to laugh or sit here and cry about it... I am so tired of arguing with a stupid web page that has little reguard for my temper...
I think 300k is a very very generous number. And no matter what it is, 300k, or my guess based on what I see on shards, about half that. Keep in mind that is accounts, not actual players, which is greatly lower cause most of us run 2-5 accts each.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They seem to have fixed the crashing on Atl.

Uriah Heep I thought that number was a bit high due to what I see in players who are runing around also... but also in that respect there are players we dont see nor hear in chat who play quietly and doing their own thing. There are quite a few I have been informed.. who log in for their play hour, hunt , craft and never see another player.
It's true as you said a good deal of people run more then 1 account...
It's why I tell the croud who want what seems like vacant, unused, unloved homes, along with the RtB plots that are in their way to go poof that there just might be an owner they dont see...
I cant be on every shard at the same time.... well I could but my comp would have a heart attack with that many variations of UO open....
Though I have run a bunch when I am doing work in prepairing shipments and cleaning up.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most accounts I've every run at the same time was 4 and you make some pretty bad fopa's doing that RP wise.... talking on the wrong char... etc. And whooo talk about slow..... Yes my computer too pitches a fit.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL!! my cooling fans sound like a helicopter when I'm running two! Havent the nerve to try more

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Since the Broadsword announcement on 4th February there has been a post on uo.com from the team on 10th, 11th, twice on 12th, 14th, 18th and 19th. Allowing for the fact that 15th and 16th were the weekend. There have also in that time period been 16 posts on our forums http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-developer-feed.551/
To me that represents an unprecedented level of communication.
Given that the incorrect code format is coming from Origin and the devs have given up trying to get it fixed where the fault lies and instead instigated their own solution to work around it. I think they're doing OK.
:thumbup1: Team!

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Since the Broadsword announcement on 4th February there has been a post on uo.com from the team on 10th, 11th, twice on 12th, 14th, 18th and 19th. Allowing for the fact that 15th and 16th were the weekend. There have also in that time period been 16 posts on our forums http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-developer-feed.551/
To me that represents an unprecedented level of communication.
Given that the incorrect code format is coming from Origin and the devs have given up trying to get it fixed where the fault lies and instead instigated their own solution to work around it. I think they're doing OK.
:thumbup1: Team!

I totally Agree

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always hope for the best, its nice to see any fixes or in this case work arounds. One thing that concerns me is the account management system, especially as Lady Storm pointed out below, I bolded specifically what gets really annoying. I have had to go to Wal-Mart and buy EA game cards, use those cards on Origin.com (because Origin wouldn't accept my CC either after paying for three accts) to buy a 30 day gametime code to keep an account active. I mean seriously the trouble one has to go through to pay for an account is crazy. I have a CC, I enter the CC info I pay for the account. If I want to do this 10 times I should be able to do it 10 times. Unfortunately after three times it thinks I am a criminal and disallows me from doing it anymore. It takes months after a CC expires to get all of the accounts back on auto-renew. YES, AUTO-RENEW. What company doesn't want to make it easy to automatically renew payments to them. Oh wait...

I have great faith that Broadsword will help UO but the account management that they were denied control over will always be a sticky issue with me. Like Lady Storm said, I have far more e-mail accounts than I wish to because of this.

Last edited: