• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 on TC1

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That last part brings me to a point when people were complaining about the proposed pet dyes or whatever it was. But yet the blaze cu has been one of the most sought after pets in game since they were added. When the unintended effect of dying swamp dragon armor with tokuno dyes appeared, everyone had one. It looked like UO puked a bag of skittles. I have to wonder why people are against pet colors?

I would like to see some more tameables with an extremely rare variety of colors. Especially glacial!!
I personally think the blaze cu is awful looking :p I am not against pet colors but I think they should avoid anything neon/blaze and so on imo at least it just looks bad.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That last part brings me to a point when people were complaining about the proposed pet dyes or whatever it was. But yet the blaze cu has been one of the most sought after pets in game since they were added. When the unintended effect of dying swamp dragon armor with tokuno dyes appeared, everyone had one. It looked like UO puked a bag of skittles. I have to wonder why people are against pet colors?

I would like to see some more tameables with an extremely rare variety of colors. Especially glacial!!
The blaze cu isnt popular because of the color. It is popular because the hue is crazy rare. Owning one represents extreme patience or wealth. They could have dyed it baby poop yellow and it would still be highly popular. I think it is funny that I see more blaze cus in game now than I do fire steeds.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The blaze cu isnt popular because of the color. It is popular because the hue is crazy rare. Owning one represents extreme patience or wealth. They could have dyed it baby poop yellow and it would still be highly popular. I think it is funny that I see more blaze cus in game now than I do fire steeds.

Agreed its rare that makes it special the color draws attention to the rareness of it. Personally I love my black and charcoal black plain horses.

Spell Breaker

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still a fan of keeping the idea of making bone and metal more useable with giving them the same enhancement mods as Heartwood. The stamina thing just doesn't sit well with me as stated before - raising the price in a store only to have a sale is so dishonest feeling and gives a false illusion that something was changed.

The LMC cap increase favors elf warriors with wood armor. Here is why, I get 6 properties with wood armor and now I'm getting LMC cap increase? wow 7 properties sounds magical. And since I have to be an elf to wear wood armor I get 20 extra mana + night sight. If you don't want to count the 3 properties for mana and 1 for night sight that is fine but its still 7 property.

So in the end did we really make metal and bone amor an option? In my opinion I will still stick with wood for both pvp & pvm and have over the top armor.

I guess I shouldn't complain since having a full wood armor suit (pub 81) would give me 35 vs the 30 I have now.

Drop the stamina thing + drop the lmc cap increase and add the heartwood mods or similar to metal and bone armor. No unbalancing and it will feel like the birthday party idea has been achieved.

I realize you might not share my opnion but I wanted to put it out there to provoke though.

Spell Breaker

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I don't think they are, as long as they stuck to dull, pet like, earthy tones.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
METAL/PLATE/ETC - 1lmc & Heavy stam loss reduction upon damage

Studded/Bone Etc - 3lmc & Minor stam loss reduction

Woodland - 1lmc & minor stam loss reduction, with ability to enhance extra mods, also ELVES ONLY

i don't see what the problem is with that balance. I still believe that the enhancable mods on woodland were unintended (they were made for weapons and then having armor on there was left in since it was already done)

I just think, personally, that woodland armor/20 mana are the advantages of an elf, and joat, hpr, carrying capacity, and tough for a human are fine. My opinion obviously, and others have theirs.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
And, KLOMP, do you always see things that are 1000 times more simple as being more complex? You seem to knee-jerk respond to anything that tries to be more simple as it being more complex, then try to provide straw men to support your unsupportable positions.
Yeah, me and the three other guys who clicked like on my post. That's three more than clicked it on your stupid idea, by the way. Hold on, I'm going to go give it a pity-like.

Last edited:

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
METAL/PLATE/ETC - 1lmc & Heavy stam loss reduction upon damage, & increased material resists

Studded/Bone Etc - 3lmc & Minor stam loss reduction, & increased material resists

Woodland - 1lmc & minor stam loss reduction, with ability to enhance extra mods, also ELVES ONLY
Cetric, don't forget the latest rounds of updates!

I actually think between stamina loss reduction, inherent (and stackable!) LMC bonuses, and increased material resists - metal, studded, bone, and to a mildly lesser extent, dragon armor are very viable now. I don't use much Mage Armor, but I agree with most that the LMC and stam loss reduction should still be available to those pieces. I mean, it's 140 frickin' imbue points, might as well get the "base" bonuses as well.

I think we'll see more styles of armor now, and not just woodland (elf warriors) and leather (err'body else). I for one am sitting on some studded pieces and some ring/plate pieces, collecting imbuing ingredients, and patiently waiting on these changes to make it to prodo.

How soon until the devs can kick weap changes, special moves, stam loss reduction, LMC bonuses, and material bonuses (ok everything but refinements) to Origin?!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good point padre

if metal/leather had woodland bonuses no one would use woodland. it is one of the things about this publish that was thought out well

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The difference between armor types in my proposal is like the difference between weapons that the Ninja turtles use. Right now they can only use Kendo Sticks and Katanas. I'm giving them the option to also use Nunchucks and Sai. Each has his it's own little advantages, none are too "overpowered" and everybody has their preferences and favorites. The current approach is like giving one group of people a gun, and then giving members of that same group the option to possess a bullet-proof vest, but under the condition that they are first shot in the leg, while everyone else has to use either a Kendo stick or a Katana. It's Crazy. Please heed my words. As I said, my approach is balanced, fair, simple, and overall fun. Who knows, it MIGHT even bring some people back to the game? I doubt the current one will...
I'm going to imagine that because of the large amount of text within it, a lot of people aren't going to read my post. So, I'm quoting part of the last paragraph of it which pretty much sums it up, and gives a good analogy of how the Dev's are planning to do things, and the direction that I think we need to go in... and hopefully this will inspire people to actually read the whole thing lol

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I got over my "suggesting alternate proposals" phase a week or so ago. I'm now into my "Jesus Christ just get rid of Refinement, can't you see that literally EVERYONE hates it? Are you even LISTENING?!" phase.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I got over my "suggesting alternate proposals" phase a week or so ago. I'm now into my "Jesus Christ just get rid of Refinement, can't you see that literally EVERYONE hates it? Are you even LISTENING?!" phase.
I know when they choose a direction, they typically stick with it... no matter how bad it is or how many people hate it. But maybe... just maybe... we'll get through to them. *begs*

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if metal/leather had woodland bonuses no one would use woodland.

That is why I was submitting the idea. Not that it would make wood invalid but if all non-med armor had the same enhancement options as Heartwood then Bone, Metal, Dragon and Wood was be a matter of the player selecting a armor art choice. I 100% think we need to add the Heartwood mods to metal, dragon and bone. Folks will have the same mods available to them as elfs thus opening the door for other armor art. Its so simple.

Currently with wood, reforging and enhancing you can nail down +10 hci on each peace and still grab stamina increase, mana increase etc..... wood gorgets are better then glads. I have two real Gladiator's Collars in chest not in use. That is what refuging, imbuing and enhanced have done to artifacts for me, artifacts are just that artifacts.

Spell Breaker

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is why I was submitting the idea. Not that it would make wood invalid but if all non-med armor had the same enhancement options as Heartwood then Bone, Metal, Dragon and Wood was be a matter of the player selecting a armor art choice. I 100% think we need to add the Heartwood mods to metal, dragon and bone. Folks will have the same mods available to them as elfs thus opening the door for other armor art. Its so simple.

Currently with wood, reforging and enhancing you can nail down +10 hci on each peace and still grab stamina increase, mana increase etc..... wood gorgets are better then glads. I have two real Gladiator's Collars in chest not in use. That is what refuging, imbuing and enhanced have done to artifacts for me, artifacts are just that artifacts.

Spell Breaker
I'm not gunna argue with your opnion, because it is just that, your opinion.

i like the idea of each armor type having its different uses, rather than them all being the same and picking based on cosmetics.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like the idea of each armor type having its different uses, rather than them all being the same and picking based on cosmetics.

I like that idea too!

Are you saying each type of armor have the mod (chain vs plate vs ring etc.) or material type (bronze vs copper vs bone etc.)?

Thanks!
Spell Breaker

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I chipped in yesterday with a Joke post but in all honesty, as excited as I was by the idea of refinement the whole concept seems to have been squeezed from the brain of someone who has either.... Never played UO or never PVP. in all honesty I doubt they are listening to us so I propose this... Not an Idea about "they should do this / That would be better" but I suggest that as a community we combat the idea. The level of knowledge we possess as a community is insane. Can we start off by someone posting the DCI formula and the HLD formula then we can all get our attention on coming up with a solution to try and even this obvious imbalance. I am primarily a PVM player but I do have an assassin that I am seriously enjoying in terms of PvP... a good mage should, and in most cases DOES smoke me without much effort.... with these new changes .............

First question.... Can you imbue an armour piece AFTER it has been refined? Second question... is it only player crafted items that can be refined?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good point padre

if metal/leather had woodland bonuses no one would use woodland. it is one of the things about this publish that was thought out well
Yep even if you took out the lmc and stamina bonuses. I think even if you took out the resist boost leather/metal just got it would still come out slightly on top.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep even if you took out the lmc and stamina bonuses. I think even if you took out the resist boost leather/metal just got it would still come out slightly on top.

Im not sure I follow you. Two questions.

1) In your opinion with current publish 80 what material is best used for a warrior?
2) In your opinion with publish 81 as we know it 2013/03/21 what material is best used for a warrior?

Thanks for your feedback I'm sill trying to wrap my mind around it. I honestly don't see any material being better then wood in publish 80 or 81 for pure warriors. When you add LMC bonuses that just makes wood that much better as it will now have 7 very viable properties (8 if you count stamina protection) in the proposed publish 81 as of 2013/03/21.

be blessed,
Spell Breaker

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

1) In your opinion with current publish 80 what material is best used for a warrior?
2) In your opinion with publish 81 as we know it 2013/03/21 what material is best used for a warrior?

Thanks for your feedback I'm sill trying to wrap my mind around it. I honestly don't see any material being better then wood in publish 80 or 81 for pure warriors. When you add LMC bonuses that just makes wood that much better as it will now have 7 very viable properties (8 if you count stamina protection) in the proposed publish 81 as of 2013/03/21.

be blessed,
Spell Breaker
Are we talking pvp or pvm?

Cause here is what i'm going to do:

Current:
PVP Dexer: medable leather
PVM Dexer: Woodland

After Publish:
PVP Dexer: Mix of Metal/Studded/Bone
PVM Dexer: Mix of Metal/Studded/Bone, maybe a single woodland piece if i stay elf.

the only thing woodland gets me on a dexer in pvm in the long run is skill bonus, which i don't fully need, so i'm looking forward to less costly ai's and heavy stam loss reduction.

i don't run elves in pvp in any capacity, so woodland does me nothing.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

be blessed,
Spell Breaker
Well currently I guess it depends but most use leather right now because other then wood there really isn't any good reason *other then looks of course* to use anything else. However an elf warrior might wear wood. What is best depends on your specific template.

In publish 81 well once again it will depend on someones particular spec. For instance on my pvp archer/necro I will likely stay with my regular leather suit *I may try studded though* But I have 120 med on that template so I figure staying with leather is probably best. On my abc archer though I will most likely use studded. I donlt have any med on that template so most of my mana regen either has to come from things like MR or something like mana leech. With studded I can also get an extra 15% lmc over the cap for a total of 55% lmc not to mention some extra stamina protection would does help. Now if I was going melee in pvm I would probably take a look at metal/dragon armor. The stamina protection is awesome which is really nice if your going toe to toe with monsters! The extra 5% lmc bonus while small helps as well. For a melee template I plan on either doing the abc archer build but with swords instead of archer or do what I have done before and go swords necro in wraith form.

Wood will still be nice but it only gets light stamina protection and light lmc bonus. Not to mention I donlt think wood got any resist bonuses just leather and metal and dragonscales. It also is elf only takes an extra ingredient to craft *bark fragments I think* and its more difficult to craft exceptionally.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only thing woodland gets me on a dexer in pvm in the long run is skill bonus, which i don't fully need, so i'm looking forward to less costly ai's and heavy stam loss reduction.
I'm probably misunderstanding, but the woodland is getting you either HCI or DI on suit instead of weapon/jewel/trinket. That's still a really good advantage for woodland. I'm intrigued by getting additional LMC out of the non-woodland, non-medable suits...but between resists and HCI/DI they still seem superior. Note that I agree with NuSair that woodland should be superior based on crafting (and repairing) requirements/limitations.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm probably misunderstanding, but the woodland is getting you either HCI or DI on suit instead of weapon/jewel/trinket. That's still a really good advantage for woodland. I'm intrigued by getting additional LMC out of the non-woodland, non-medable suits...but between resists and HCI/DI they still seem superior. Note that I agree with NuSair that woodland should be superior based on crafting (and repairing) requirements/limitations.

it does get me hci/dmg on suit instead of jewels, but the only worthwhile thing i can replace on jewels is skill bonus. I'd rather lose less stam or have higher lmc bonus. Thats just my opinion in regards to pvm. I use woodland in pvm now because it is the ebst option by a long shot, but that is ebcause there were no other good options. now there is, and i won't be bothering with woodland now.

Please note, i am obsessive about suit building.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

PVM wood before and after publish. HCI and damage increase is awesome. Heartwood gets you + 2/3/2/7/2 to resist bonus when enhancing which is really nice. As far as LMC cap increase I guess that remains to be seen if stamina leech can keep up when publish 81 goes live, if it cant then I will have to move into something with a cap increase.

Thanks for you guys feedback always fun to see what peps are thinking.

Spell Breaker

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question, in all of this mess, is where is our systems designer Phoenix/Vex? Bleak and Kyronix are the ones seemingly responsible for Publish 81 and neither Phoenix nor Messana have said a word about it.
No-one asked for refinements. No-one asked for a stamina nerf. We just wanted all our armour types to be viable again. It was too much to ask.
It seems hen was pretty much on the ball with this one. Back on March 15th. This weeks lottery numbers are ....