• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 on TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Mar 09 00:48 GMT
Currently testing Publish 81.0.0 on Test Center

*Weapon special move changes requires alternate game client found in patch directory: client_tc.exe or UOSA_TC.exe. This client is needed to test the following changes.
Armor Revamp – Update

• The components required to craft an armor refinement will be stocked in a minimum starting quantity of 500 on each vendor that sells them.
  • Component weights have been normalized across all components to 1/10th of a stone.
  • Armor refinements and components are insurable.
  • The crafting region for Blacksmith refinements has been changed from Buccaneer’s Den to Cove.
  • An anvil and forge have been added to the Armorer shop in Cove.
  • Components will no longer be deleted out of secure containers.
  • GM Blacksmith, Tailoring, or Carpentry skill is required to craft an armor refinement. The refinement, however, can be applied by anyone so long as they are in the correct shop location.
  • The number of intensity levels has been reduced from 7 to 5:
    • Invulnerability - Applies four modifications with a chance to apply five modifications.
    • Fortification - Applies three modifications with a chance to apply four modifications.
    • Hardening - Applies two modifications with a chance to apply three modifications.
    • Protection - Applies one modification with a chance to apply two modifications.
    • Defense - Applies one modification.
  • Refinements adjust resists based on armor type in the following order:
    • Studded Leather – Physical, Fire, Cold, Poison, Energy
    • Studded Samurai – Physical, Fire, Cold, Energy, Poison
    • Hide – Energy, Poison, Cold, Fire, Physical
    • Bone – Poison, Cold, Energy, Physical, Fire
    • Ringmail – Fire, Physical, Cold, Poison, Energy
    • Chainmail – Cold, Fire, Physical, Poison, Energy
    • Platemail – Physical, Fire, Cold, Poison, Energy
    • Platemail Samurai – Physical, Fire, Cold, Energy, Poison
    • Gargish Platemail – Physical, Fire, Cold, Poison, Energy
    • Dragon – Fire, Energy, Poison, Cold, Physical
    • Woodland – Poison, Cold, Physical, Energy, Fire
    • Gargish Stone- Cold, Energy, Poison, Physical, Fire

Armor Material Enhancement Bonus Update

Ore Type:
  • Dull Copper:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 10
  • Shadow:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 3
    • Updated Fire Resist to 2
    • Updated Energy Resist to 7
  • Copper:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 2
    • Updated Energy Resist to 2
    • Updated Poison Resist to 7
  • Bronze:
    • Updated Cold Resist to 7
    • Updated Poison Resist to 2
  • Golden:
    • Updated Cold Resist to 3
    • Updated Energy Resist to 3
  • Agapite:
    • Updated Fire Resist to 7
    • Updated Cold Resist to 2
    • Updated Poison Resist to 2
  • Verite:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 4
    • Updated Fire Resist to 4
    • Updated Energy Resist to 1
    • Updated Poison Resist to 4
  • Valorite:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 5
    • Updated Cold Resist to 4
    • Updated Energy Resist to 4
    • Updated Poison Resist to 4
Leather Type:
  • Spined:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 9
    • Horned:
    • Updated Fire Resist to 4
    • Updated Energy Resist to 3
    • Updated Poison Resist to 3
  • Barbed:
    • Updated Energy Resist to 5
    • Updated Poison Resist to 3
Dragon Scale Type:
  • Red:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 1
    • Updated Fire Resist to 11
    • Updated Cold Resist to -3
    • Updated Poison Resist to 1
  • Yellow:
    • Updated Physical Resist to -3
    • Updated Fire Resist to 1
    • Updated Cold Resist to 1
  • Black:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 11
    • Updated Energy Resist to -3
  • Green:
    • Updated Fire Resist to -3
    • Updated Poison Resist to 11
  • White
    • Updated Cold Resist to 11
  • Blue
    • Updated Energy Resist to 11
    • Updated Poison Resist to -3

Misc Changes:
  • Hit lower defense now scales 55% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains at -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.
  • Ninjitsu Surprise Attack and Force Arrow special move now ignores over capped DCI.
  • Dragon Scale armor can now be reforged.

Please submit feedback through one of the following:
en

Continue reading...

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you've updated some of the Dragon Armor resists, but they still give specific resists based on color.

And yet, the refinements for Dragon Armor apply the refinement in a specific resist-type order.

Which means that certain Dragon Armors are less useful than others. You might want to rethink this.

Hmm... and now I don't really understand how Dragon Armor works at all, I guess. I didn't think Dragon Armor was an enhancement, so I'm concerned those resists are base resists, which isn't a good thing either. I think Dragon Armor may need some clarification.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you've updated some of the Dragon Armor resists, but they still give specific resists based on color.

And yet, the refinements for Dragon Armor apply the refinement in a specific resist-type order.

Which means that certain Dragon Armors are less useful than others. You might want to rethink this.

Hmm... and now I don't really understand how Dragon Armor works at all, I guess. I didn't think Dragon Armor was an enhancement, so I'm concerned those resists are base resists, which isn't a good thing either. I think Dragon Armor may need some clarification.
Yeah kinda confused on that too. Would love to see a comparison chart for all the base resist changes. What we have now and what they are proposing.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THey should have put morethan 11 total resist for dragon scales enhancements total resist. With these changes, dragon scales are of same level of golden ore or so but golden ore give luck also ... Maybe they should up total resists for dragon scales around 15, at same level of agapite lets say.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THey should have put morethan 11 total resist for dragon scales enhancements total resist. With these changes, dragon scales are of same level of golden ore or so but golden ore give luck also ... Maybe they should up total resists for dragon scales around 15, at same level of agapite lets say.
dragon scales purpose is that single high resist

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dragon scales are as useless as they ever were. What we need is a balance of all armor to give even base resists. Otherwise you change nothing.

Totally useless as it ever was.

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah kinda confused on that too. Would love to see a comparison chart for all the base resist changes. What we have now and what they are proposing.
Current / New
DC : +6 phys /+10 phys (+4)
Shad : +2 phys +1 Fire +5 energy /+3 phys +2 fire +7 energy (+4)
Copper: +1 phys +1 fire +5 poison +1 energy/ +2 phys +2 fire +7 poison +2 energy (+5)
Bronze: +3 phys +5 cold +1 poison +1 energy /+3 phys +7 cold +2 pois +2 energy (+4)
Gold: +1 phys +1 fire +2 cold +2 energy /+2 phys +2 fire +3 cold +3 en (+4)
Agapite: +2 phys +3 fire +2 cold +2 poison +2 energy /+7 fire (+4)
Verite: +3 phys +3 fire +2 cold +3 poison +1 energy/ +4phys +4 fire +3 cold +4 poi (+4)
Valorite +4 phys +3 cold +3 poison +3 energy/ +5 phys +4 cold +4 poi +4 en (+4)

Spined : +5 phys/ +9 phys (+4)
Horned: +2 phys +2 fire +2 cold +2 poison +2 energy/ +4 fire +3 cold +3 pois +3 en (+4)
Barbed: +2 phys +1 fire +2 cold +3 poison +4 energy /+3phys +2 fire +3 cold +5 en (+4)

Copper seems to have got a +1 boost over the rest.

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dragon scales purpose is that single high resist
It isn't much of a purpose if you are using the enhancement tool. In fact it isnt much of a purpose at all. Its best purpose is that it just looks cool. It is nice that we can reforge it now at least. But that means pitting RNG arms lore bonus against RNG reforge rolls to armor that cant be recycled, is difficult to craft exeptional, is harder to find materials to craft and can not be enhanced after imbue. It still holds the title of the best looking and most useless armor in the game.

At one point in time crafting dragon scale required ingots as well. I can't quite remember but I thought ingot materials bonus stacked with scale bonus' for uber high resists. Then ingots were pulled out of the recipee. Could be wrong about that though.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't much of a purpose if you are using the enhancement tool. In fact it isnt much of a purpose at all. Its best purpose is that it just looks cool. It is nice that we can reforge it now at least. But that means pitting RNG arms lore bonus against RNG reforge rolls to armor that cant be recycled, is difficult to craft exeptional, is harder to find materials to craft and can not be enhanced after imbue. It still holds the title of the best looking and most useless armor in the game.

At one point in time crafting dragon scale required ingots as well. I can't quite remember but I thought ingot materials bonus stacked with scale bonus' for uber high resists. Then ingots were pulled out of the recipee. Could be wrong about that though.
Yeah being able to reforge dragon scale armor is nice and all but its still a long way from being usable :/ I think they could start by increasing the amount of scales that drop from mobs that drop them now. Also make it easier to exceptionally craft it. Something more in line with what it takes to exceptionally craft plate. The resists need to be looked at as well. Though I am going to have to get on test and see actually what the resists look like as well.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Misc Changes:
  • Hit lower defense now scales 55% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains at -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.
Not sure I understand what the bold part means.
Anyone?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really hoping for some mods that would stack like Heartwood or Bloodwood for ingots, leather, scales, bone, and cloth.
Well I think this isnt the publish for that unless we realy really want it to be super delayed. I think we kinda came to the conclusion in the other thread after some discussion exactly what bonuses there should be isn;t an easy answer.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a imbued resist on drag scale and enhanced can have like 30 resist in one resist lol
I donlt think you can enhance dragonscale. Now that I think about it though I need to see just what the cap for imbuing resist is on dragonscale. It does look like maybe if your looking to raise your fire resist cap to 75 using some pieces of red dragonscale might be worthwhile. To be honest though I feel the situation would be better if they made the different colors have the same resists and balance them out. But of course that does take the uniqueness out of the scales so I donlt know *sighes*

But still seems to me dragonscale is mostly useless. Better then it was before still donlt see people using it though 90% of the time.

Last edited:

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As with each previous "update" no mention or acknowledgement or documentation of any changes to the stamina stat? Bravo...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor Material Enhancement Bonus Update

Ore Type:
  • Dull Copper:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 10 Old was 6
  • Shadow:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 3 Old was 2
    • Updated Fire Resist to 2 Old was 1
    • Updated Energy Resist to 7 Old was 5
  • Copper:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 2 Old was 1
    • Updated Energy Resist to 2 Old was 2 no change
    • Updated Poison Resist to 7 Old was 5
  • Bronze:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 3 Old was 3 no change
    • Updated Cold Resist to 7 Old was 5
    • Updated Energy Resist to 2 Old was 1
    • Updated Poison Resist to 2 Old was 1
  • Golden:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 2 Old was 1
    • Updated Cold Resist to 3 Old was 2
    • Updated Energy Resist to 3 Old was 2
  • Agapite:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 2 Old was 2 no change
    • Updated Fire Resist to 7 Old was 3
    • Updated Cold Resist to 2 Old was 2 no change
    • Updated Energy Resist to 2 Old was 2 no change
    • Updated Poison Resist to 2 Old was 2 no change
  • Verite:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 4 Old was 3
    • Updated Fire Resist to 4 Old was 3
    • Updated Energy Resist to 1 Old was 1 no change
    • Updated Poison Resist to 4 Old was 3
  • Valorite:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 5 Old was 4
    • Updated Cold Resist to 4 Old was 3
    • Updated Energy Resist to 4 Old was 3
    • Updated Poison Resist to 4 Old was 3
Leather Type:

• Spined:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 9 Old was 5
  • Horned:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 2 Old was 2 no change
    • Updated Fire Resist to 4 Old was 3
    • Updated Energy Resist to 3 Old was 2
    • Updated Poison Resist to 3 Old was 2
  • Barbed:
    • Updated Physical Resist to 3 Old was 2
    • Updated Energy Resist to 5 Old was 4
    • Updated Poison Resist to 3 Old was 3 no change
Questions
  1. Will our suits on prodo shards get these upgrades?
  2. Why did Lumberjacks/Carps get no love? No change for wood?
  3. Why did Miners/Smiths get so little love on the higher end ingots, Gold and above.
    • Val +17, Ver +16, Ag +15 and Gold +10. Some of the hardest resources to find and it is not %100 chance to smelt.
    • Barbed +16, Horned +15 and Spined +9 and you know where to find it %100
Things that need to change
  1. Do away with random resource location for Wood and Ingots, it only hurt the honest player
  2. All ingots should smelt at 105 Mining %100 of the time or apply the same logic to Wood and Leather.
  3. Allow us to make items with ore just like you can with logs and uncut leather.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All fine and dandy changes, resist balancing was long overdue, but...

There's still a huge problem with metal, leather, and dragon scale in that all they give you is resists, and especially with the above proposed changes getting to resist cap is super easy, so why would anyone bother with higher level materials if you can max out your resists with the more common ones?

Those materials need properties like wood... have needed them for years and years and years.

Also dragon armor... why? No penalties. Take those away. I mean compare black dragon scale to dull copper... which seems better?

Dragon scale should be something like: 3/3/3/7/0. Just to make it a little more appealing in an average setting.

I hope that is coming or there's still gonna be an imbalance.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give up... This has to be the dumbest publish ever. I'm sorry but DEV team you guys need to just forget about this publish because it's just one big EPIC FAIL. Save your self the trouble and scratch this publish.

Seriously nothing about this publish makes any sense at all accept for the weapon balance.... Everything else is just dumb.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uncolored Dragon scale armor, without the colors, is a flat 3/3/3/3/3

This armor dropped on the Bane Chosen, and it CAN be reforged currently, and enhanced with any scale type other than Red (They used the red scale armor as the basis for it, despite making it uncolored in the end, so it balks when you look at it with red scales).

So, Yellow Scale armor would be 0/4/4/4/4
They DO, however, need to state if any changes are being made to the luck value of Yellow Scale, and if the Luck would make the Yellow not reforgable. Frankly, the amount of luck given by Yellow Scales currently SUCKS for the resist sacrifices you are making.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Misc Changes:

Let me see if I understand how this all works...

Base Cap for DCI is 45. Refinement is now capable of raising your DCI cap to 95 on non-med armor at the cost of Max resists. In both cases Defense chance increase over the Cap has no effect in regards to HLD, Surprise Attack and Force Arrow.

Thanks

-Lore's Player

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
still makes no sense Lore because what if we can get 90+ DCI without using the refinements and the new system... Are you saying that its what invisible even though its clearly there on the suit, the extra DCI (confused as hell)? I mean after alll it takes is what shame armor that has DCI on it. I'm just saying it's possible to get to 90 DCI even without these new refining crap... This is so damn confusing seriously.

Just my two cents...

If you don't let us over cap DCI (to 70) or have it setup the way you were previously going to do it where it was an option for people who used the system to raise their resists to benefit in some way or they could choose to keep the DCI and setup they had before. I think that if you go this route where DCI cannot be "overcapped" at 70 then you need to fix resists and everything else. Because as is now we can take our fire and poison resist and any other resists to 85 and be "Corpse Skin Proof"... Doesn't make much sense to allow "some things" to be over capped and others like defense chance increase to not be?

Also this: "
  • Ninjitsu Surprise Attack and Force Arrow special move now ignores over capped DCI."
makes absolutely no sense to me since "Armor Ignore" would make more sense to ignore DCI all together... What the heck makes "Surprise Attack" and a "Force Arrow" greater then an "Armor Ignore"? Might as well make a "Defense Ignore" arrow next, since apparently "Armor" and "Defense" are two different things? So confusing anymore.

Last edited:

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still makes no sense Lore because what if we can get 90+ DCI without using the refinements and the new system... Are you saying that its what invisible.
If I am not misunderstanding what is being said, I think that's correct.

-Lore's Player

PS: I am just seeking clarification and am not posting my thoughts on "what I think about the change" until I am sure I understand what is being said.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  1. Why did Miners/Smiths get so little love on the higher end ingots, Gold and above.
    • Val +17, Ver +16, Ag +15 and Gold +10. Some of the hardest resources to find and it is not %100 chance to smelt.
Maybe we are being encouraged to do the void pool for maps and smelting talismans? I'm currently working on Zosilem quests with a view to being able to reach his level 3 quest 'Pure Valorite" I have 5 more level 2 quests to do.

I've probably got it all wrong, but I was planning to make a suit in valorite on the theory that less imbuing would be needed to raise resists, leaving me more slots for other properties?

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay so here we go again.

The Good

* It's nice that you listened to the people complaining about how useless dragonscale armor is.

* It's cool that you're doing something with the various material types. I'm not really sure what it is you're aiming for, but at least topping out resists when one builds a new suit will be easier.

* Changing HLD so it just ignores DCI over the cap is a good change, one that was suggested by a number of people. I kinda suspect you'll end up awash in mage tears at some point, but such is life.

The Bad

* You didn't actually do much of anything to make dragonscale armor useful. At least bump it up to Agapite level or something. As it is, it's sitting in the cellar with junk like Dull Copper and Shadow Iron.

* Not a peep on the whole "But lots of dexer stuff is Mage Armor or just plain medable!" discussion that ran for pages in the last thread. Was the rumor about adding a way to remove Mage Armor from things false?

* Adding the Balanced property to a two-hander still nerfs it into oblivion. Maybe it doesn't need to be brought up here, but we have to assume each new set of patch notes could potentially be the last one.

* I don't really understand why you invested so much energy in messing with weapons when you didn't really make anything useful that wasn't before. I mean it was nice when you guys changed the special on the war mace in response to my pancakes, but you don't actually think anyone will ever use one, do you?

The Ugly

* You guys have been doggedly reposting the whole Refinement thing every week for like a month now and you still can't get anyone to say anything good about it. Is there any theoretical level of negative reaction that would convince you to scrap it, or are you philisophically commited to just posting it over and over again until everyone finally goes limp and accepts the inevitable?

* Sampires with 95 DCI, here we come. (Oh and PVM archers/throwers/casters with resists amped since they don't care about DCI at all.) Cripes, I can't imagine how anyone over there ever said "95" and "DCI" in the same sentence without getting slapped.

Last edited:

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm officially confused - but.
If you have raised your dci cap to (eg) 70 and then overcap it to (eg) 90 then that extra 20 will be ignored and the HLD formula will be applied to the 70 that is your cap?
Yes, I think that's right :).

The issue I see is if you are wearing med armor(leather or mage armor suit). You can no longer overcap it to protect yourself from effects like HLD, Suprise Attack, etc. but unlike non-med armor you do not have the option to Refine your armor to raise the cap.

I haven't tested the new patch so maybe the cap isn't 45 anymore, or Leather and Mage Armor can be refined or maybe that's exactly how its intended to work.

-Lore's Player

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the scale armor I had a different vision. Introduce garg scale armor art. Have the scale able to enhance iron plate armor with there respected resist quirks and add in some heartwood random mod effects. A scale enhance of plate altering the armors art to scale. Easy way to give the non elf races wood like love.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Yellow:
Just went to TC and made dragon helmet and it had 4 of each resist except Physical. ????? indeed.

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ignore over-cap DCI???

So what the change really is that mages will now be running around with 25dci because they will almost permanently be hit with HLD?

Who came up with that crazy idea?!

You put a timer on disarm (great) and then you do that with DCI...........you know what, no-one with EVER have to disarm anyone again. You seem to forget that to get real high Dci (90), you have to make a LOT of sacrifice on a suit.

Guess it will become the age of the parry mage and boring pvp..........Oh wait......you will then nerf parry mages!

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure I understand what the bold part means.
Anyone?
Current: You can make yourself HLD proof, through overcapping DCI on your suit. HLD subtratcts 25 DCI. The DCI Cap is 45, so if you have 70 DCI (45+25) on your suit, you will remain at 45 DCI under the effects of HLD. When not under HLD, you are still at 45 DCI, since that is the cap. HLD can be completely negated.

The bold part means it is no longer possible to over-cap you DCI to avoid HLD.

Publish 81: HLD reduces the targets DCI by 55% (DCI under HLD = 0.45*Target's Original DCI). At 45 DCI, if struck by HLD you would be at 20.25 DCI (=0.45*45). If you try to over-cap it (currently allowed) by adding 20 more DCI to your suit, that extra DCI will be ignored. The system will still treat you as having 45 DCI. It is not possible to over-cap DCI to avoid HLD, and HLD proof your suit. The only way to increase your DCI is to use the DCI Armor Refinements.

This is a great change. There are several benefits to this change:
  1. HLD cannot be negated.
  2. DCI Armor Refinement effectiveness is no longer overshadowed by DCI Overcapping (it was actually detrimental to use them versus just overcapping DCI), their full potentail can be utilized.
  3. Free up room on your suit (only need to get to DCI Cap, not beyond).
Let me know if you have more questions. I hope this helps.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just submitted this through the feedback system.

Overall, thanks for listening to the feedback and taking time to tweak things before pushing it live. It really is delicate material that could easily backfire badly if rushed. I'm glad I had the opportunity to test things through some more, and I'm affraid I do have some concerns remaining with the current implementation of this publish. I've listed this feedback below and hope you find it useful. If things are unclear or need further explanation, do not hesitate to mail me.

New update:

Refinement Balance Concerns
  • I am VERY concerned with the impact this is going to have on game balance. In PVM I can pick the opponent I'm going to fight, and will favor those that deal one damage type. Therefore, I can lower resistances that the foes are not going to use against me and raise DCI, effectively at no cost. Against foes with weak melee powers but strong spellcasting powers DCI is useless anyway and I can raise resists at no cost. This can have a huge impact on high-end PVE.
  • Strategy 1: Lower all resistance caps except 1 (4x -1 resist cap, +8% DCI cap per piece), puts you near the max DCI cap with 93 DCI. Then go fight foes that only deal a single damage type such as unbound energy vortices. Energy resist remains 70 (Or 75 for elves) and I have a giant DCI so foe never hits me. It is suddenly possible for me to take on 3 of them at a time and not flinch, while I had to run with 2 of them on me in the past.
  • Strategy 2: Sacrifice Cold Resistance cap and get 12 free DCI. Who deals cold damage anyway?
  • Strategy 3: In the same vein, if sampire, sacrifice Cold and Poison resist cap and get 24 free DCI. I'm immune to most poison anyway.
  • Strategy 4: Sacrifice DCI and buff fire/energy resist, then go fight mages. Their melee attack is often insignificant.
Other Refinement Feedback
  • Good to reduce the amount of components, but I'd still make it so that each tier just affectes 1-2-3-4-5 resists (not a random chance for an additional +1).
  • Can I please have a way to remove refinement from armor alltogther (the two types cancelling eachother out?)
  • I think the intermediate step to convert wash into thread is pointless gamemechanics wise. It doesn't act as a big goldsink and is just another inconvenience, so why have it?
  • Resist order based on armor type: Really poorly thought out, especially in light of the strategies that will likely be used by players described above. Cannot affect only energy resist cap unless I'm an elf. Cannot affect everything except cold at all. Just make it random please. I would prefer to have freedom what armor I want to wear.
Metal/Leather Resistance Update
  • Overall feeling, yeey, this really was about time, but still some feedback...
  • With wood, all types of wood are useful and have more or less equal benefits. With metal and leather, the top materials give higher bonusses than the rest. Why not just give Agapite, Verite, Valorite, Horned and Barbed the same resists (16), so people can choose? It'd be awesome if I could walk around with a full agapite suit without feeling gimped.
  • Spined and Gold should have 11 resists just like Oak
  • Metal below Gold should all have at least 12 resists to be somewhat useful. Or just give everything 16 resists (or properties) and make all materials equal, would be nice too
  • I think people wanted properties on the materials like wood, not just resistances
  • Dragon scales need more resists (16) or some other bonus to be useful. It's still almost impossible to craft so it better be good!
  • Yellow dragon scales gives hardly any resists???
  • With this update, wood armor should now give LMC and stamina protection too, like all other armor
  • Can't wait to see metal weapon bonusses being addressed in a future update

New Hit lower defense DCI Scaling
  • Good! Makes it much easier to understand!
Lingering issues:

Mage Armor
  • Is an 140 weight property and thus should provide a huge bonus
  • Currently is penalized heavily due to nullification of stamina protection and lower mana cost bonus, overall wasting 140 weight to turn your armor into leather equivalent (leather doesn't cost 140 imbuing weight but gets it all free)
  • I heard on test server that there are plans to allow players to remove mage armor property from existing items; but this still removes a 140 weight property (That has been paid for with lack of other properties on the item) without giving anything of equal value in return.
  • I strongly suggest to just remove all penalties from mage armor. It's a very expensive property and taking it on a suit comes at the cost of other properties. If players want to forego those properties to have mage armor, then why not? For example, instead of the Mage Armor property you could have up to 10 lower mana cost fill that slot. Why is it a big deal if players choose to have 3 lower mana cost and some stamina protection in that slot?
Two-handed weapons
  • Parry penalty for balanced weapons makes the property useless (single handed weapons get it for free, so why penalize 2h weapons)
  • Damage bonus is still not sufficient to make up for the loss of using a shield.
  • Strongly suggest to remove parry penalty from balanced an give 2h weapons even more base damage
  • Question, 2h weapons now have higher imbuing properties, which is good, but does this also mean that reforged/runic/looted 2h weapons also get more/better properties? If not, it is something that should be looked into.
Chivalry / Divine Fury Nerf
  • Can understand this from the perspective of making stamina worthwhile that Divine Fury had to be nerfed
  • Divine fury should receive a significant buff in another aspect as it provides heavy penalties but does almost nothing positive
  • Chivalry in general should be looked into, suggestion: Make chivalry count for special move cost reduction and allow chivalry to be used in lieu of bushido for Honor virtue purposes
Bushido
  • With 2h weapons now being buffed, please look into removing the parry penalty for using a shield when you have bushido skill

Last edited:

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[quote="
Let me know if you have more questions. I hope this helps."

[/quote]

Try testing being spammed by moving shot when you have low DCI.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still makes no sense Lore because what if we can get 90+ DCI without using the refinements and the new system... Are you saying that its what invisible even though its clearly there on the suit, the extra DCI (confused as hell)? I mean after alll it takes is what shame armor that has DCI on it. I'm just saying it's possible to get to 90 DCI even without these new refining crap... This is so damn confusing seriously.
Even though you can get to 90 DCI, your DCI Cap is still 45, so it treats it as 45 DCI in the hit calculations. The extra DCI you have is not used (its just taking up space). Armor Refinements allow you to increase your DCI Cap. The Armor Refinements make room for you to use more DCI, they do not give you DCI. You still have to provide the DCI property to your suit. The only way to benefit from greater than 45 DCI is through the use of Armor Refinements.

If you don't let us over cap DCI (to 70) or have it setup the way you were previously going to do it where it was an option for people who used the system to raise their resists to benefit in some way or they could choose to keep the DCI and setup they had before. I think that if you go this route where DCI cannot be "overcapped" at 70 then you need to fix resists and everything else. Because as is now we can take our fire and poison resist and any other resists to 85 and be "Corpse Skin Proof"... Doesn't make much sense to allow "some things" to be over capped and others like defense chance increase to not be?
Over-capping DCI ruined the effectiveness of both HLD and the Armor Refinements. I hope this is the first step in eliminating other over-capping scenarios (e.g. vampire form, corpse skin), so the intended effects of a spell cannot be negated.

makes absolutely no sense to me since "Armor Ignore" would make more sense to ignore DCI all together... What the heck makes "Surprise Attack" and a "Force Arrow" greater then an "Armor Ignore"? Might as well make a "Defense Ignore" arrow next, since apparently "Armor" and "Defense" are two different things? So confusing anymore.
AI does not ignore DCI, it ignores resists. Like HLD, Suprise Attack and Force Arrow also have DCI reducing effects. Eliminating DCI Over-capping to these effects is an example of forward thinking of your second point, eliminating over-capping to be consistent. I am glad to see these changes.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm officially confused - but.
If you have raised your dci cap to (eg) 70 and then overcap it to (eg) 90 then that extra 20 will be ignored and the HLD formula will be applied to the 70 that is your cap?
Correct.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the mana cost for Moving Shot need to be increased, so it is less likely to be spammed?

Stayin Alive,

BG
Moving shot, magical short bow......doesnt matter. If your a mage and you go up against a dexer with fast swing speed you will be screwed, you will just constantly fizz.

This is the sort of patch that could in effect see the end of mages in pvp.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
  • Metal below Gold should all have at least 12 resists to be somewhat useful. Or just give everything 16 resists (or properties) and make all materials equal, would be nice too
  • I think people wanted properties on the materials like wood, not just resistances
  • Dragon scales need more resists (16) or some other bonus to be useful. It's still almost impossible to craft so it better be good!
  • Yellow dragon scales gives hardly any resists???
Here's what baffles me: They're revamping things with what seems like absolutely no eye toward actually making them viable. They know perfectly well that no one is EVER going to go "Oh boy time to make a yellow dragonscale suit for the 20 luck it provides! And I'll use this halberd since it's been given 2 additional points of damage!" They know it. They HAVE to know it.

So, like, what gives?

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a Weapon and Armor Revamp Publish, it is understandable that warrior types will have a greater benefit from the changes.

If you have concerns/issues about the changes, I suggest you test them out and provide specific feedback. Remaining silent and general "doom saying" will not help the development team.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a Weapon and Armor Revamp Publish, it is understandable that warrior types will have a greater benefit from the changes.

If you have concerns/issues about the changes, I suggest you test them out and provide specific feedback. Remaining silent and general "doom saying" will not help the development team.

Stayin Alive,

BG
Barry Gibb.......if you seriously want me to test a mage with 25dci vs a 45hci, 60ssi archer withing armor ignores and a magical shortbow I will........in fact I shall tell you the result now.......the mage dies very very quickly.
What was suggested before resulting that you would have to have 90+ dci to remain in 40s after hld worked.......... this new alteration does not.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moving shot, magical short bow......doesnt matter. If your a mage and you go up against a dexer with fast swing speed you will be screwed, you will just constantly fizz.

Negative. HLD will only really hurt if someone doesn't take the time to use refinements to reach 90dci. At 90dci with HLD it will only lower dci slightly (if i'm reading right).

We've been seeing a new era with a vast number of parry mages using the Hephaestus for quite some time due to throwers. When i'm on my dexxer i can say it's almost impossible to hit them.

The only templates this will hurt are mage hybrids (mystics, necros) that will not participate in the refinements (like myself) but i won't complain. The system to negate hld will be available if i choose to use it.

Will refinements kill the full reforged casting focus/hpr mage suits that are out today? Possibly, but it's all part of adapting and overcoming.

I think this will be the most fair and balancing pvp publishes in the history of the game.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I'll use this halberd since it's been given 2 additional points of damage!" They know it. They HAVE to know it.

So, like, what gives?
I think that's why they're asking for feedback. I would rather them start low and work their way up than start high and have everyone say that is where it needs to be only to create an abusive Flavor of the Month template.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barry Gibb.......if you seriously want me to test a mage with 25dci vs a 45hci, 60ssi archer withing armor ignores and a magical shortbow I will........in fact I shall tell you the result now.......the mage dies very very quickly.
What was suggested before resulting that you would have to have 90+ dci to remain in 40s after hld worked.......... this new alteration does not.
Who said you only get 25 DCI as a Mage? Me thinks you should do some more reading before making abusrd comments.

This is looking to be a real game changer of a publish and making PvP more balanced than its ever been. Adapt or play a crafter

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry, but if the intent is to nerf DCI into oblivian why not just say so and remove the property altogether.