• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 Notes

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea that these changes (referring specifically to HLD and DCI changes) are bad and that we're over-reacting to them are not incompatible. I'm a little surprised, honestly, to see anyone argue for these changes.

-Galen's player
I believe mine was more in reference to inherent lmc, but as far as HLD and DCI, HLD needed tweaked awhile back. Though I'm not sure why they would botch DCI and RNG to do it.

But the stage is set for them to be tweaked, disagreeing is much different than complaining.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe mine was more in reference to inherent lmc, but as far as HLD and DCI, HLD needed tweaked awhile back. Though I'm not sure why they would botch DCI and RNG to do it.

But the stage is set for them to be tweaked, disagreeing is much different than complaining.
To my mind the HLD/DCI changes and the inherent LMC thing share the same fundamental flaw.

Here's what I said in another thread, it was supposed to be about both but due to a typo I didn't mention the LMC. I've fixed the error though.

Think about it. The system right now is pretty complex. But basically everything, more of the property offers more benefit, until you get to a cap, or until the property maxxes out totally. 100% LRC, for example. Or, as an example of something with a cap, LMC caps out at 40%. DCI, nothing past 45 matters unless you get hit with Hit Lower Defense.

But either way the principle is the same: More is, to a point, better.

What happens under this new DCI/HLD system, and even under the new LMC system as well, is that there's times when more is less. And that, frankly, is just too much to ask of us, and I don't mean that to insult us.

In short: You over-reached. I have every confidence you will realize this and listen and modify accordingly. Various proposals have been advanced in this thread and the other.

-Galen's player

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Individual events do not make for complex game systems but as a whole it becomes daunting for those who have not played for as long as most of us have.

If you think this is not the case I dare you to write a defining new player hand book. I was/am in the process of doing such before this Pub and even using side-cuts such as hyperlinking it has become a far greater beast than I ever thought. There are so many side issues and different routes one can take that even for a well established vet it's shocking. Going the route of writing down your adventures on a new shard with nothing and no freinds is a long story even with the hints that 5+ years in game gives.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my mind the HLD/DCI changes and the inherent LMC thing share the same fundamental flaw.

Here's what I said in another thread, it was supposed to be about both but due to a typo I didn't mention the LMC. I've fixed the error though.

-Galen's player
Yeah you make a good point even though I do like the lmc thing *as long as they allow it to go over cap at least lol* I think a big part of the problem is how do you make nonmed armor attractive to people when mana is so important to so many templates even dexxer ones? I mean other then just making all armor medable and basically making armor little more then a cosmetic choice. I know some would be fine with that and to be honest I am starting to lean towards that too. But I still rather there be meaningful choices in armor not just what do you think looks good. I personally liked the halfmed idea a couple people mentioned on the first publish thread. But I am not sure if that would be even possible. Like someone else said it might be an on or off thing. I think as long as it is clearly displayed on the armor and in the character information the inherant lmc thing isn;t so bad. It is a little confusing yes but not near as bad as this dci/hld thing. That thing is just a mess and after reading Bleak's responses I have no idea why they even bothered with those changes.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know what I would like to see!

Free to Play

Hear me out first! UO would recaputre retired players and entice new players. All free to play accounts can not place a house. To place a house its a 9$ month account upgrade. It gets better! You ccould also place a second house for a 3$ month account upgrade! And we dont stop there.... You can place as many houses as you like on as many shards as you like - 3$ a month per house after the first house (no house cap / no shard cap) :D

As a bonus for players that have 10 houses on one account will be giving the opportunity to lease the shard transfer house teleporter tile. Tile holds 3 transfers max per month and recharges monthly. Siege and Mugen players can transfer between themselves.

and I'd offer more chargers for accounts with 20, 25 and 30 houses....

I can dream a little :)

Spell Breaker
Just make the 15 day trial account unlimited days with the same restrictions and you now have free to play. If you want anything else just pay your monthly fee like the rest of us. The only extra house you get is one on Siege or Mugen but not both. FIXED.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The idea that these changes (referring specifically to HLD and DCI changes) are bad and that we're over-reacting to them are not incompatible. I'm a little surprised, honestly, to see anyone argue for these changes.

-Galen's player
This really needs to get to Test Center so everybody can figure out WTF.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really needs to get to Test Center so everybody can figure out WTF.
Bleak has already told us how it's supposed to work...If it works some way other than this I guess it's bugged but the point is that if it works as intended then very few like it.

Frankly I hope this part is dumped by the time it gets to TC.

I'm optimistic, the team has been rather responsive on this Publish and they have engaged us.

-Galen's player

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bleak has already told us how it's supposed to work...If it works some way other than this I guess it's bugged but the point is that if it works as intended then very few like it.

Frankly I hope this part is dumped by the time it gets to TC.

I'm optimistic, the team has been rather responsive on this Publish and they have engaged us.

-Galen's player
So what happens if a MOB has no HLD and you now have %95 DCI? I just filled a ton of BODs that all required Exp Studded Armor and I have a %96 chance to make them and I never failed once in around 1000 tries. The RNG loved me big time. Will a MOB or a Char without HLD ever be able to hit you with %95 DCI?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what happens if a MOB has no HLD and you now have %95 DCI? I just filled a ton of BODs that all required Exp Studded Armor and I have a %96 chance to make them and I never failed once in around 1000 tries. The RNG loved me big time. Will a MOB or a Char without HLD ever be able to hit you with %95 DCI?
The follow up question would be what is your AR relative to the MOB's damage type and do you then get one hit killed because your 95DCI equates to a 5 AR rating?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The follow up question would be what is your AR relative to the MOB's damage type and do you then get one hit killed because your 95DCI equates to a 5 AR rating?
If I have a %95 chance to defend and the RNG loves me every time will the MOB ever hit me? I defend everytime, doesn't that mean that I do not get hit at all?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well yes and no, it would be a increased chance to defend against the original calculation of MOB's HC/weapon skill vs your static DC/weapon skill. I would imagine that there are still some "rolls of the dice" equations that fall into place here that other people have better knowledge of.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well yes and no, it would be a increased chance to defend against the original calculation of MOB's HC/weapon skill vs your static DC/weapon skill. I would imagine that there are still some "rolls of the dice" equations that fall into place here that other people have better knowledge of.
The reason I asked was because as it sounds is that a player with a little love from the RNG could just walk around and never be hit. I want GOD mode. JK

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make the 15 day trial account unlimited days with the same restrictions and you now have free to play. If you want anything else just pay your monthly fee like the rest of us. The only extra house you get is one on Siege or Mugen but not both. FIXED.

Personally I would like to have more houses on one account. Baja and other shards might not look like a ghost town. I also would like to have houses on other shards. We had 18 accounts going at one time mostly for house locations we loved. For the past 2 years we pulled back to only 5 active accounts. Plus allowing players who wanted to have more then one house per account UO would draw revenue.

I apreciate your view, ideas and agree your idea is a great start to entice new and returning players - thanks!

Spell Breaker

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I would like to have more houses on one account. Baja and other shards might not look like a ghost town. I also would like to have houses on other shards. We had 18 accounts going at one time mostly for house locations we loved. For the past 2 years we pulled back to only 5 active accounts. Plus allowing players who wanted to have more then one house per account UO would draw revenue.

I apreciate your view, ideas and agree your idea is a great start to entice new and returning players - thanks!

Spell Breaker
I am down to 3 accounts now (Baja). Times are tough.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh it's been so long.. Hi all.. ;P Just checked back to see how UO is doing, not even sure my Acct even exists at this point and I don't remember how that works, but I like what I read for this Pub. They should keep it up now that they picked up some momentum with core changes to Combat.

2 things I wouldn't appreciate at all were I still playing would be that despite 2Handers got Balanced as a possible property, they still would be too slow from what I saw in this Thread. And at the cost of not being able to Parry with them, this change is not really doing much. The other thing I'd be against, would be Timers on Refresh going away. Do Cures now have Timers by the way? I can't remember.

In all, it feels like I could be lured back for some action if they continue to improve this. Before I go, a quick question that I'd prefer to have the answers to sent to my InBox as to not incite /Flames and /Trolls or go OT; How's Cheating Lately..? :$

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran

You're damn right I'm complaining. I'll need to see some patch notes that look like they come from someone who knows what UO is before I stop.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're damn right I'm complaining. I'll need to see some patch notes that look like they come from someone who knows what UO is before I stop.
Speaking just for myself, I just want us to not overplay our hands. (I know you weren't responding to me but I said something not dissimilar.)

Complaining I'm fine with, I'm doing it too. I just don't think we need to actually panic anymore. Complaining will do.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's one of the things that worried me too...It seems to be a mechanic designed (unsuccessfully) with PvP in mind that'll end up impacting PvM more. Hence my great concern that folks will turn this into "PvPers vs these changes," as though they were the only ones and the rest of us were united against them.

Imagine a 95% DCI Sampire.....

-Galen's player

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming the monster's wrestling is at the same level as the player's skill (100 vs 100), and given that the monster has 0 HCI:
At 95 DCI, it will hit you 25.6% of the time (roughly 1 of 4 swings).
At 45 DCI, it will hit you 34.5% of the time (roughly 1 of 3 swings).

It is a far cry from the 4.0% failure rate of your BODs (1 of 25 tries). You can still get lucky, but you will have to be much more lucky versus the monster than versus the crafting RNG.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Last edited:

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming the monster's wrestling is at the same level as the player's skill (100 vs 100), and given that the monster has 0 HCI:

It is a far cry from the 4.0% failure rate of your BODs (1 of 25 tries). You can still get lucky, but you will have to be much more lucky versus the monster than versus the crafting RNG.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Very interesting. I'm sure you posted before how to get the calculations of DCI / HCI / HLD / HLA and how it all works, but can you take a second and give some more examples.

Thanks BG

Spell Breaker

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Very interesting. I'm sure you posted before how to get the calculations of DCI / HCI / HLD / HLA and how it all works, but can you take a second and give some more examples.
The formula is:

Hit Chance = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by ( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100

His math checks out. I ran similar numbers that assumed 120 combat skill and current-model HLD in effect, a couple of pages ago in this thread, I think, and the results were roughly the same. The 50% leap in DCI represents a much smaller change in your chances of being hit than one would imagine.

Rather than Super-Sampires, my PVM concern now is more archers and throwers sacrificing DCI they don't really need and getting what amounts to free resists. That and the general confusing insanity of the changes.

Last edited:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever dude, try crunching some numbers instead of "helping" by being a suck-up.
lol you mean adding? Or the even harder math, percentages? *GASP*

I don't agree with everything they do, but I usually try to be objective. Sometimes I do go WTF, but I don't carry it on for several threads.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
lol you mean adding? Or the even harder math, percentages? *GASP*

I don't agree with everything they do, but I usually try to be objective. Sometimes I do go WTF, but I don't carry it on for several threads.
Go tell it to someone who gives a ****.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Stayin Alive,

BG
In theroy your numbers look great but in UO your numbers have been proven wrong. You do understand that there is no Crafting RNG and a DCI RNG, UO uses one RNG. Using your numbers then at 45 DCI I should never get hit 2 times in a row and anybody that has played UO knows that not to be true. The RNG is rolled everytime you do anything and what happened the last time is never taken into account because if it was UO would never have let me make 1000 items in a row. I would have failed 40 times. The RNG is the RNG and some days it loves you and others it just hates your guts. So at 95 DCI the RNG only has a 1 in 4 chance of beating me and the very next swing by the MOB still has the same 1 in 4 chance. Nice odds if I do say so myself, and now we get to add HCI, DI and everything else into the mix on our side. And as someone else posted
Imagine a 95% DCI Sampire.....
in PvM could be even more powerful.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
New Mobs with HLD, Armor Ignore and Repond Slayer vs Players. :D
Nobody but sampires will notice. Everyone else will cry that sampires are overpowered anyway, while playing templates that can't die in PVM unless they go AFK.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics has a great calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php

It will let you calculate the values between -25-45 HCI and DCI (the current caps). If you want to know how often you will get hit, simply reverse the "your" and "target" entries, since you are now the target. If you want to examine > 45 DCI , you will need to either do the calculations by hand or use another program (I used MS Excel). The hit chance formula is also provide on that page.

If you have trouble with any of that and are intrested in some specific values, send me a PM and I can work them out for you.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CAUTION: MATH AHEAD :D
In theroy your numbers look great but in UO your numbers have been proven wrong. You do understand that there is no Crafting RNG and a DCI RNG, UO uses one RNG. Using your numbers then at 45 DCI I should never get hit 2 times in a row and anybody that has played UO knows that not to be true. The RNG is rolled everytime you do anything and what happened the last time is never taken into account because if it was UO would never have let me make 1000 items in a row. I would have failed 40 times. The RNG is the RNG and some days it loves you and others it just hates your guts. So at 95 DCI the RNG only has a 1 in 4 chance of beating me and the very next swing by the MOB still has the same 1 in 4 chance. Nice odds if I do say so myself, and now we get to add HCI, DI and everything else into the mix on our side.
You should rarely get hit two times in a row, it is not impossible (as never implies). Using the same criteria above (equal skill, 0 HCI), the probability of getting hit twice in any two hits at 45 DCI is 11.9% (=0.345*0.345), since they are not independant of one another. The probability of getting hit twice in a row at 45 DCI is 34.5% (=1*0.345), since "twice in a row" implies you were already hit once (which equates to 100%=1). There is a clear distinction between the two scenarios I described. Those two scenarios are both far from the 0% chance that "never" implies.

Mathmatically, the numbers are what they are. There is no theory involved in simple algebra. The hit chance calculations are designed around an RNG, which is assumed to be random. The system cannot be designed in any other fashion. If the RNG is not truely random and prone to streakiness (as in the case with UO's) then the math will appear to be wrong, when it is not. The problem would lie in the RNG, which is not part of this publish.

Given that the sacrifice to obtain 95 DCI is unknow, I will keep my hopes in check.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You should rarely get hit two times in a row, it is not impossible (as never implies). Using the same criteria above (equal skill, 0 HCI), the probability of getting hit twice in any two hits at 45 DCI is 11.9% (=0.345*0.345), since they are not independant of one another. The probability of getting hit twice in a row at 45 DCI is 34.5% (=1*0.345), since "twice in a row" implies you were already hit once (which equates to 100%=1). There is a clear distinction between the two scenarios I described. Those two scenarios are both far from the 0% chance that "never" implies.

Mathmatically, the numbers are what they are. There is no theory involved in simple algebra. The hit chance calculations are designed around an RNG, which is assumed to be random. The system cannot be designed in any other fashion. If the RNG is not truely random and prone to streakiness (as in the case with UO's) then the math will appear to be wrong, when it is not. The problem would lie in the RNG, which is not part of this publish.

Given that the sacrifice to obtain 95 DCI is unknow, I will keep my hopes in check.

Stayin Alive,

BG
120 Sword/Tact/Ant %45 DCI and I have been hit by earth els and Mud Pies twice in a row a number of times and there have been times that I was never hit once.

Mathmatically, the numbers are what they are. Sorry you are wrong.
Anytime you place a RNG into an equation mathematically, the numbers are not what they are because you are working with an unknown. Where is the RNG placed in the formula, how much weight is the RNG given are just 2 of the simple considerations that must be taken into account. Are there more? That I do not know because I do not know the entire formula and I do not know how the program is designed to enteract with that formula. Mind boggling isn't it? I thought so while working at the War College.

There is no theory involved in simple algebra.
Probability mathematics is not simple algebra. Probability and statistical mathematics are by far the hardest math problems because unknown outside factors (IE a RNG in this case) are taken into account. So please do not try to tell me this is simple algebra.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What was with the sudden urge to change total refresh pots?
The initial revamp was nothing more then a sweeping warrior nerf(pvm & pvp)disguised as an armor overhaul.

The pots change was the icing on the cake.

Luckily though someone on the team came to their senses and now it is simpy a mid-level warrior nerf with some chinese algebra thrown in disguised as a new armor system.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Sword/Tact/Ant %45 DCI and I have been hit by earth els and Mud Pies twice in a row a number of times and there have been times that I was never hit once.
Sometimes Mud Pies get lucky too. Their chance to hit a 120 Sword, 45 DCI character is improbable, not impossible. Tactics and Anatomy have no bearing on hit chance calculations. For simplicity, let's assume the Mud Pie has 75 Wrestling and the Shame Earth Elemental has 90 Wrestling. On any given swing, versus 120 Swords & 45 DCI character the Mud Pie has a 23.4% chance to hit, where as the elemental has a 27.1% chance to hit.

Mathmatically, the numbers are what they are. Sorry you are wrong.
Mathmatical probabilities can never be "wrong", just varying degrees of success (or failure). Using the Hit Chance Formula, given a truely random number generator (which is not the case for UO), please show how these calculated probabilities (given below) are incorrect.

I am curious to learn why (it has been a few years since I graduated an engineering university).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes Mud Pies get lucky too. Their chance to hit a 120 Sword, 45 DCI character is improbable, not impossible. Tactics and Anatomy have no bearing on hit chance calculations. For simplicity, let's assume the Mud Pie has 75 Wrestling and the Shame Earth Elemental has 90 Wrestling. On any given swing, versus 120 Swords & 45 DCI character the Mud Pie has a 23.4% chance to hit, where as the elemental has a 27.1% chance to hit.

Mathmatical probabilities can never be "wrong", just varying degrees of success (or failure). Using the Hit Chance Formula, given a truely random number generator (which is not the case for UO), please show how these calculated probabilities (given below) are incorrect.

I am curious to learn why (it has been a few years since I graduated an engineering university).

Stayin Alive,

BG
You have 1 part of a formula that gives you a % and until we know how it was programed and where is the RNG taken into account? You haven't a clue and neither do I and for that matter I really do want to get back into that side of the house. I did this at the War College and we went so far as to (mocking up) playing "Thermal Nuclear War" instead of "A nice game of chess". Everybody walked out holding thier heads from the pain. And now we can throw in "Merphy's Law" into all this with a total random luck factor. We can agree to disagree because in all probability (pun intended) there is no right or wrong just a bunch of "please let me survive this encounter in UO" OooOooOooOoo

Yalp of Zento

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Can someone tell me, in the midst of all these unasked for changes did they at least add flagging grey for blue bards that peace and disco opposing players pets during pvp? Or is that too simple of a request?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see some NPCs who actually use the magic items that they carry.

Stayin Alive,

BG
Chaos Dragoon elites use to be like this.... and I agree, their should be Many mobs that carry magic items, that should use them on you before it dies.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Stayin Alive,

BG
The math is the Vulcan side of Spock...unemotional...logical...specifically calculating.

The RNG is the human side of Spock...when it gets loose, I can swing like Barry Bonds on the 'roids but hit like an old lady (no offense meant to anyone here, if you are older and a lady, I am sure you hit very well, I meant the non UO old lady like the one that lives down my street :)), or cast a low level spell but sound as if I just had beans for breakfast lunch and dinner.

My point being, that the UO RNG can make any math equation look like it just spent the weekend at woodstock and had a vvveeerrrryyyy good time.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You haven't a clue and neither do I and for that matter I really do want to get back into that side of the house.
I agree, I too would not want to see the RNG backbone of UO. I am happy to have the hit chance formula and pray the Mighty RNG grants me her boon. UO RNG, Thou Art a Fickle Mistress.

I did this at the War College and we went so far as to (mocking up) playing "Thermal Nuclear War" instead of "A nice game of chess". Everybody walked out holding thier heads from the pain.
I too have done OPFOR/OWNFOR analysis, I have felt the pain. All I can say is "thank goodness for batch analysis".

Stayin Alive (if the RNG deems me worthy),

BG

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
given a truely random number generator (which is not the case for UO)
Why? Because there are streaks?
If you throw a six sided dice 3000 times and you always get a 3, it doesn't mean, that the 3001th time any other number than 3 has to roll.
If all possible outcomes would be evenly distriubuted in a specific scope, it would be predictable and thus not random anymore.

The UO RNG is what it is. Random.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to point out another reason the HLD/DCI thing is a bad idea...If the point is to encourage non-medable armor and encourage the new Refinement crafting mechanic, and if using having the hither DCI max could paradoxically make you lose more DCI.....Then isn't this actually a dis-incentive to use the new mechanics they're attempting to incentivize?

Even if I'm missing something, which is possible, still plenty of reasons this is bad.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to point out another reason the HLD/DCI thing is a bad idea...If the point is to encourage non-medable armor and encourage the new Refinement crafting mechanic, and if using having the hither DCI max could paradoxically make you lose more DCI.....Then isn't this actually a dis-incentive to use the new mechanics they're attempting to incentivize?

Even if I'm missing something, which is possible, still plenty of reasons this is bad.

-Galen's player
Yeah it really makes no sense. I think they need to just completely rethink the refinement thing. Though to be fair I do like the resist idea. I am just not sure if lowering the DCI cap is the way to go. Maybe more of if you raise one resist cap to 75 you have to take another to 65? But anyway I just think they need to rethink the whole thing.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why? Because there are streaks?
If you throw a six sided dice 3000 times and you always get a 3, it doesn't mean, that the 3001th time any other number than 3 has to roll.
If all possible outcomes would be evenly distriubuted in a specific scope, it would be predictable and thus not random anymore.

The UO RNG is what it is. Random.
A few years ago the devs referred to the UO RNG as being on the level of a successful college student project, but not really professional level, and talked about replacing it. No idea where I'd find a link now, but I can't be the only one who remembers it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few years ago the devs referred to the UO RNG as being on the level of a successful college student project, but not really professional level, and talked about replacing it. No idea where I'd find a link now, but I can't be the only one who remembers it.
Yes they talked about it but I bet they found out it was so inbedded in the old code that nobody wanted to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Change all armor wear to meditable and good !!

Another problem white Ringmail and Plate is that it have at moment only 35 resie craftet exeptional white gm armslore and not 47.
Thats next nerf if it not patched up to 47 !

The only good at moment i see is the changed damage at hammerpick and composite bow if the speed hold at 3,75s and 4,00s.

Last edited: